Sherlock (BBC)

Melange

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Are you joking?  It was plain and obvious the entire time that was a flashback.  Were you drunk while watching?

Actually, that was not obvious at all, nor was it meant to be.

And really Jason, you gotta stop making rather insulting comments like that. Perhaps thats all the rage in your country nowadays, but not in the more civilised parts of the world.

You guys are nuts.  The episode had already told us that Mycroft had let whatsherface talk to Moriarty as a birthday present five years ago, and when that scene began, it was obvious we were getting to see that meeting, as a flashback.  I don't think they were trying to misdirect the audience into thinking it was a present day event.  The late placement of the "5 years ago" chyron was pretty silly, imo.

Jason, that was exactly what they were inferring!

Look at the sequence of events. Sherlock, Mycroft and John go to the island. They learn that Eurus has taken total control of everyone and everything on it. And they are incapacitated. The scene. Moriarty triumphantly arriving on this island by chopper, with pop music playing. And the title card "5 years ago" held back on purpose.

It was a red herring you just didnt catch. It doesnt make me or Alvar nuts.

I guess I was just smarter than you guys when watching; It was obvious to me the entire time it was a flashback to the birthday present >shrug<

6 hours ago, Stefancos said:

It was a red herring you just didnt catch. It doesnt make me or Alvar nuts.

Or me. Although I guess part of why it worked was that I had already half given up on the episode and found them entirely capable of bringing Moriarty back.

I guess I just intuited it from watching *shrug*

Yea I noticed he played Irene's theme, that was nice - and something I never would have noticed if we didn't rewatch the previous seasons just before this one

Now the real question is, why would anyone suffer through that episode twice :folder:

Oh I have no problem with any of the score at all

Just generally disappointed with a lackluster fourth season after three stellar or at worst very good ones.