Sherlock (BBC)

Melange

Why could your phone possibly charging!!!!!

Yes mad men is transferring beautifully. Sherlock is another story. Sent you audio.

I GOT IT TO WORK,

Lee, you're my hero!

I just started to watch season 1 again since it happens to be on TV.

And why didn't ever tell me this is brilliant? ;) Just happened to see few minutes Sherlock chatting with the taxi driver about the suicide murders

and I ask the wife what the hell is this? It's bloody brilliant! " Good, because I'm recording it". Now I'm in.

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched the 3rd episode of season 1 again. It was as entertaining as before with a lot of great nods to the original Holmes' stories, Bruce Partington Plans in particular. I have to say I didn't like Andrew Scott's Moriarty any better the second time around, the hipstery loon he portrays just being too far out there. Especially his sudden return at the end of the episode was dramatically ridiculous even though ended the story in the great cliff hanger.

A small observation on the music: both the new films and this series seem to tap into the off-kilter Eastern European instruments and a bit unbalanced themes to represent Holmes and his investigations. I guess genious is always somewhat unhinged musically. :P

Primarily the hammered dulcimer, also used in the theme music to Dexter, and the underrated (and subsequently cancelled after one series) Dirk Gently.

I can't imagine any of the new scenes he wants to film will have anything to do with Bilbo Baggins

You never know.

Of course, with three films, there is more than enough time to film every page of the book, maybe he wants to expand some passages more.

Also, if I remember correctly, Freeman agreed on taking the part of Bilbo only under the premise that it doesn't interfere with him shooting Sherlock. And since they scheduled some of Freeman's Hobbit scenes around the second season of Sherlock, I guess that would also happen with season 3.

Ok. I finished ep2 season 2. I have to say. Not my favorite. At all. Pretty far fetched. I like the regular crimes and not genetic mutation stuff.

The second episode of season 2 was a bit weak and as much as I liked the fact they tackled the Hound of Baskevilles I always knew it would be tricky to pull of very well in modern setting, especially when they approached it from the genetic mutation and chemicals angle.

The first episode of season 2 is very intriguing, deliciously dramatic and surprisingly emotional affair. Some of the best writing thusfar and the flow and humor all works very well, the nods to the Arthur Conan Doyle's original stories hilarious homages in the midst of the main story. Again I am not a huge fan of the new loony Moriarty and the deus ex machina of the opening was more than a bit contrived. Cumberbatch brings a great dichotomy of the rather cold intellect and sudden glimpses of humanity to the character, most of the time wrapped in his own curious world. Mark Gatiss is again perhaps the most fitting choice for Mycroft, so wonderfully "British official" he is with his dry expression, wit and detached manners. Martin Freeman is a bit on the sidelines in this episode but his Watson continues to be a strong foil to Cumberbatch's Holmes, the average guy, whose friendship with this eccentric genius is a complex affair that continually taxes his personal life.

To tell you the truth I never thought I would enjoy this series this much but I really appreciate the modernization of the stories and characters as good adaptation that still retains the spirit of the original.

The second episode of season 2 was a bit weak and as much as I liked the fact they tackled the Hound of Baskevilles I always knew it would be tricky to pull of very well in modern setting, especially when they approached it from the genetic mutation and chemicals angle.

I thought it did quite well, considering it was the Baskervilles story - it's famous, but I never particularly liked it, though it has a of course a nice, moody setting. The episode clearly isn't on the same level as 2x1 or 2x3, but for what it is, I still found it successful.

Yes, I understand. When you put it that way-sure

I tend to gloss over things where people manipulate your mind, do not like. Been there done that

• 3 weeks later...

The first episode of Sherlock Holmes on Blu-ray, and much to my surprise, I enjoyed it very much. I'm already looking forward for what is to come.

The first episode of Sherlock Holmes on Blu-ray, and much to my surprise, I enjoyed it very much. I'm already looking forward for what is to come.

I want to hear you say it! "I was wrong!" Say it, you Belgian scum!

I want to hear you say it! "I was wrong!" Say it, you Belgian scum!

I'm glad I didn't say it yet because the second episode was considerably less good than the pilot (the Chinese girl was beautiful though).