Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2?

Zach

Dobby's theme is the definition of meh. Whereas The Chamber of Secrets is one of Williams' best themes/concert pieces of the decade.

Hooper's OotP is a decent score, not horrible, but anyone who wants to hear a real Potter score has to check out James Hannigan's score for the OotP video game. It blows everything Hooper did out of the water, easily the best music since Williams left.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, since were on the subject: my ranking:

1. Philosopher's Stone

2. Prisoner of Azkaban

3. Chamber of Secrets

4. Goblet of Fire

5. Order of the Phoenix

6. Half-Blood Prince (judging from what I've heard on the album, that is)

I'd rank them the same way. I don't own the full album for #4-6, though, so my rankings could change for those someday. Not likely any of them would displace 1-3.

I don't listen to the non-Williams Potters at all. They don't do much for me. And every time they use Williams' music, it sounds like shit. Like Hedwig's Theme in The Story Continues and that awful Quidditch music from Half Blood Prince.

FROM SNITCHSEEKER TWITTER:

Yes, we've heard the John Williams DH 2 story, & will report/update as soon as WB lets us know what's up (which won't be till late Tuesday).

POTTERISH.com

"The Potterish came in contact with Warner Bros.. Brazil and obtained confirmation of something that has been widely expected by fans: the return of composer John Williams to the Potter saga. That's right, according to the WB Brazil John Williams will create the score for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II, as it did in the Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban.

It is worth noting that the tracks of the first and third movies were nominated for Oscars and, moreover, John Williams is the creator of some of the most famous series such as Harry's Wondrous World, Double Trouble, The Windows to the Past and the eternal Hedwig's Theme. You can listen all tracks on the composer for the soundtrack of Harry Potter on Radio Fanzone.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II only debut next year on July 15. Meanwhile, continue to Ish for more news."

POTTERISH.com
"The Potterish came in contact with Warner Bros.. Brazil and obtained confirmation of something that has been widely expected by fans: the return of composer John Williams to the Potter saga. That's right, according to the WB Brazil John Williams will create the score for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II, as it did in the Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban.

It is worth noting that the tracks of the first and third movies were nominated for Oscars and, moreover, John Williams is the creator of some of the most famous series such as Harry's Wondrous World, Double Trouble, The Windows to the Past and the eternal Hedwig's Theme. You can listen all tracks on the composer for the soundtrack of Harry Potter on Radio Fanzone.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II only debut next year on July 15. Meanwhile, continue to Ish for more news."

Sounds like Ishful thinking.

This thread is going to piss a lot of people off...

I, for one, do not appreciate the declamatory nature of the Title. You make it sound official! Next time, I suggest that you at least have some fresh news to support the need for the creation of a new thread.

Ugh. How frustrating, sir. dry.gif

The fellow was obviously excited and jumped the gun a bit, but I would be OK with this as a separate thread were the news to become official.

In the meantime, let's all take it easy.

While this is far from official, it is very very reassuring to see a different source saying the same thing. This is very exciting, if I was a gambling man I'd bet some money that Williams writes the score!

I want credit for my little inside tip, though! ;)

i want to be remembered for the ages... lol. Kidding!

Here's to an official announcement... so we can quit hoping!

Well, sorry about the title of the thread guys. I just literally couldnt breathe when I first heard this. ;) And I cant edit the title thread, so whatever -__-

But two reliable sources, especially snitchseeker, who are basically just going to confirm this..WB Brazil did, and now other WB wants to confirm it. *shrugs*

BUT ARENT YOU FREAKIN EXCITED??? :lol:

You did not need to make a new thread just for this and typing in all caps is really annoying, it's considered yelling.

We all ready have a thread about this.

We have a thread dealing with the somewhat opposite: Will he even return, with a question mark? And I just now wanted to make it clear to the people who care, that it is indeed true now.

Excited for a new Williams score? Always

Excited for a new Potter score by Williams - DUH!

However... we've have several of these quasi-speculatory "announcements". Our hearts and hopes have been swindled in the past...not again. So, we are on the side of precaution.

I heard my inside stories, too. So... I am in a more positive mood for this. ;) Thank you.

laugh.gif Kendal...

But wait, Zach... how is this now "indeed true". What real announcement is there? Your post doesn't prove that.

Remember, though - I really do hope you're correct!

PBS will be broadcasting an hour long special called "The Decision" in which Richard Dyer will sit down with John Williams, who is expected to announce the hotly anticipated outcome of his many months of deliberation. Will Williams choose to take his talents to Hogwarts, or will his loyalty to Spielberg ultimately win out?

But wait, Zach... how is this now "indeed true". What real announcement is there? Your post doesn't prove that.

Potterish has confirmed it. (foriegn Harry Potter website, but any Potter website is in the same league) And Snitchseeker is checking out tomorrow to confirm it themselves.

PBS will be broadcasting an hour long special called "The Decision" in which Richard Dyer will sit down with John Williams, who is expected to announce the hotly anticipated outcome of his many months of deliberation. Will Williams choose to take his talents to Hogwarts, or will his loyalty to Spielberg ultimately win out?

Hahah, that would be such an intense show.

That is not what I, or the majority of this forum considers a "confirmation".

Warner Bros. must make a statement and/or confirm Potterish.com claims.

Sites like Mugglenet.com could make the same claim, and it would not be considered official.

The truth is within Warner Bros. words.

Again... I hope you're right.

That is not what I, or the majority of this forum considers a "confirmation".

Warner Bros. must make a statement and/or confirm Potterish.com claims.

Sites like Mugglenet.com could make the same claim, and it would not be considered official.

The truth is within Warner Bros. words.

Again... I hope you're right.

Hmmm. Well you are right..

Warner Bros should say something tomorrow for sure. I guess I just posted a day early.

Well... at least it was for a good cause!

Now... I shall sit here, eyes 2 inches away from the computer screen, scanning all sites and waiting impatiently for an official announcement to appear.

;)

I don't listen to the non-Williams Potters at all. They don't do much for me. And every time they use Williams' music, it sounds like shit. Like Hedwig's Theme in The Story Continues and that awful Quidditch music from Half Blood Prince.

*cue disgruntled sigh*

This is what I was referring to. ;)

I love Brazil and Brazilians--so no disrespect to them--but I am wondering, why does this news break in Brazil (or at Warner Bros. Brazil) of all places?

On the other hand, I hope John Williams reads this and then says to himself, "Wait a minute! Did I commit myself to this? Apparently, I have! Oh well..." :lol:

Another article saying the same thing:

http://www.hpana.com/news.21171.html

;)

I know I shouldn't.... but I'm starting to get swept up into the possibility of this being true!

I can feel a permanent smile developing on my face. The tensions in my cheeks is beginning...

Does anyone else feel the distant rumble of a great truth coming our way? rolleyes.gif

Yeah, this is starting to seem more and more feasible, somehow... ;)

But then, why not? Didn't JW himself say he would do it if his schedule allows it? So (unless you are one of those people who ridiculously claim he was just being polite) that proves that Potter has been on his mind...

And didn't we have the same kind of crazily hopeful situation right before the shooting of Indy 4 was officially announced?

And every time they use Williams' music, it sounds like shit. Like Hedwig's Theme in The Story Continues and that awful Quidditch music from Half Blood Prince.

Yes, agreed!

And didn't Doyle even change some notes in Hedwig's Theme so it ended up sounding kind of non-magical and non-impressive? I wonder why he did that. Did he actually think he was improving the theme by doing so? ;)

He didn't change the harmony alone...

He changed actual notes within Hedwig's Theme, as in changed intervalic leaps that did nothing but detract from the majority agreed great theme. Basically, he changed the theme.

In my book... it was a dick move.

I still hold a large grudge to film four and it's score.

HOWEVER... Doyle's score is genius material compared to the garbage that Hooper delivered in BOTH of his scores.

They were poorly conceived, written and executed. I'm not even concerned how they worked in the film at this moment. They were poor pieces of music. How does someone review those cues after they're recorded and think to themself - "Yeah, this is good stuff". Someone who is kidding themselves, that's who.

I'm ok with a second thread for confirmation

But this is still not official

But I'm getting more optimistic since all the info seems to be converging

Well , if it's true the main concern will be " lets hope Williams doesn't suddenly die before completing HP7"

Even I don' t think Hooper's OotP was that bad and I listen to it from time to time. I think it's better than Media Venture style and better than the "generic orchestral score" were getting from Debney and Silvestri lately

But anyone who think its better than HPSS (like Koray)..well I won't get into that.

Wasn't there some big thing about a foreign news station that broadcasted a completely false story because they read it somewhere on the internet? This seems a lot like that. The "press release" reads like it was spit out of a free translator.

But anyone who think its better than HPSS (like Koray)..well I won't get into that.

My comment was slightly in jest. I probably rank Sorcerer's Stone over it, but the last time I listened to that it just sounded like a Home Alone sequel.

My comment was slightly in jest. I probably rank Sorcerer's Stone over it, but the last time I listened to that it just sounded like a Home Alone sequel.

You are so funny, Koray! :P

Wasn't there some big thing about a foreign news station that broadcasted a completely false story because they read it somewhere on the internet? This seems a lot like that. The "press release" reads like it was spit out of a free translator.

So does most stuff from Fox News.

It's still a rumor. We all know that gossip in Hollywood always runs wild. However, maybe WB and JW are sorting out an agreement, but nothing is written yet. I think Conrad Pope said it quite clearly: Williams would love to do it, but he doesn't want to over-commit and clash with the other assignments for Spielberg. Maybe he doesn't want to repeat the Chamber of Secrets experience.

If Williams end up not doing it, I think this is going to become a recurring joke on this board. Every time there will be a rumor, people will be like : "Yeah, right, and Williams is going to score the second part of The Deathly Hallows !"

The sad thing about all this is, even if JW ends up doing DH Part II, half the people here wouldn't be happy. They'd just have another JW score to bash--like CoS, AotC, and KotCS.

If Williams end up not doing it, I think this is going to become a recurring joke on this board. Every time there will be a rumor, people will be like : "Yeah, right, and Williams is going to score the second part of The Deathly Hallows !"

Williams has been attached to a lot of movies he ended up not doing since at least 1977. It's not a big deal.

At least it'll be a breath of fresh air from the BTTF joke.