What Is The Last Score You Listened To? (older scores)

Ollie

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock complete score

Star Trek: Generations complete score

Batman (1989) OST (Elfman)

Masters of the Universe complete score

Twilight Zone: The Movie OST

Jurassic Park complete score

Return to Oz OST

Saving Mr. Banks - Thomas Newman

This album puts me to sleep (literally, I listened to it going to sleep last night).  In general, I find many T. Newman OSTs good to fall asleep to.

The BFG OST...just kidding!

Jaws complete score

Titanic OST

Casper OST
Apollo 13 complete score

Star Wars OST
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith expanded edit

Amazing Stories: The Mission complete score

11 hours ago, LampPost said:

Williams - Angela's Ashes

Crying.gif

Gosh, this really sent me back... I need to revisit this asap. Truly one of his most moving works.

Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace (Complete edit) by John Williams: It has been a while and I have to say this is still a brilliant score, colourful, energetic and rollicking, featuring multiple great new themes and terrific references to the old ones. It is a great exhibit of Williams' sound palette up to that point and now after nearly 18 years it still strikes an emotional and dramatic chord with me, a tremendously entertaining mix of impulses from zesty Korngoldian swashbuckle  for the Jedi to knowing nod to Rózsa's fanfaric charioteer music from Ben-Hur to the composer's own richly orchestrated and coloured marches, scherzos and sweeping character themes that fill this score and the worlds of the film to the brim capped off by the epic doom-laden choruses of Duel of the Fates. Simply terrific.

Yeah come this summer, 18 years....

I feel a bit old all of a sudden.

13 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Right?  We're as far now from The Phantom Menace releasing as it was from Jaws!

Is that a reference to the Pink Panther thing you did the other week?

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Is that a reference to the Pink Panther thing you did the other week?

It's called a callback!

Also now it's just a fun thing to do every time someone remarks on how long ago a movie came out to point out how quickly time passes.

5 hours ago, Quintus said:

@Prerecorded Briefing

Heard this and thought of you.

Video game music was never supposed to sound like that! --Stefan Cosman 

Pretty wide range of quality material in there.  Newman/Goldenthal hybrid, almost.  What's more desirable - for the current greats of film to move to video games, or for the current greats of video games to move to film?  How about both, a greater mobility between the two mediums?

5 hours ago, Quintus said:

@Prerecorded Briefing

LAME attempt to discredit me using FAKE news! @Quintus should check his sources  and not repeat LIES! Completely UNTRUE! #BullshitDetectiveMyArse

4 minutes ago, Prerecorded Briefing said:

Lordy, that choir at 4:55.  When's the last time I heard a traditional choir used thoughtfully in a film score?  Sorry you don't find any of these tunes catchy Pub, but I've not been able to shake them ever since.

It really didn't help that i saw some old MGM musicals over the holidays after Debbie Reynolds' passing. Even the not top-tier stuff like 'Gigi' is miles ahead of something LLL, not even to speak of 'The Band Wagon', 'An American in Paris', 'Singing in the Rain' and and and. 

It's hard to expect novices delivering such perfect packages, the old troupe just knew what they did and of course, what not to do. Also, to have a smug ass like Ryan Gosling recalling a bored Zap Brannigan didn't help either.

52 minutes ago, Prerecorded Briefing said:

Lordy, that choir at 4:55.  When's the last time I heard a traditional choir used thoughtfully in a film score?  Sorry you don't find any of these tunes catchy Pub, but I've not been able to shake them ever since.

This

It's nice to hear choir in a film score where it's not just shoved-in on top to make the music sound more "epic".  

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire - Joel McNeely

Stylistically and tonally, it is fairly consistent with Williams' first three SW scores. I may have to buy this.

19 hours ago, Quintus said:

@Prerecorded Briefing

Some neat moments in there! Plenty of Goldenthal/Zimmer/JNH influence to be heard.

Mark Mancina - Twister (La-La Land)

The new album is brilliant!  Perfect sound quality and awesome music program.   The bonus tracks are completely non-essential (I don't care for that particular Van Halen jam), but the 49 minute main program is just awesome from start to finish.  The choir sounds great!

4 hours ago, Incanus said:

No little green dinosaurs came to greet you from the jungle? With violently chirping accompanying music?

Unfortunately, the only thing which ate me on these beaches where mosquitos! And at night, the T-Rex was in my bed... :lol:

I'm currently listening Missouri Breaks, good morning group!

p_kr200260.jpg

The Missouri Breaks [An Original MGM Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1976) (2013, Kritzerland Records, KR 20026-0)

CD 1 - THE ORIGINAL SCORE TRACKS: The Missouri Breaks (Main Title); Logan's Entrance; Logan and Calvin Talk (Unused); The Train Robbery; After the Trial/The Hanging Foreman/Riding the Horse; Boys Will Play; Clayton at the Wake (Unused); Crossing the River; Clayton's Binoculars; Logan and Jane; The Cabbage Patch; The Mounties Attack/Lee Chases Tod; The Drowning of Tod; News of Tod; The Rustling Sequence; Si and Cary; Calvin; End Titles; BONUS TRACKS: Unused Cue 1-3; Organ Cue 4-2; Banjo and Harmonica Cue 11-3; Fiddle Cue 11-3A; Harmonica Cue 13-2; CD 2 - THE ORIGINAL ALBUM RE-RECORDING: The Missouri Breaks (Main Title); Arrival of the Rustlers; Love Theme from The Missouri Breaks; The Train Robbery; Bizarre Wake; Celebration; Confrontation; Love Theme (Reprise); Crossing the Missouri; The Chase; Remembrances; The Horse Rustlers; Love Theme (End Title). Previously unreleased original score.

Twister complete score

Well, what a kickass release this is. All it's missing is Walk in the Woods with the film edit of the Van Halen song, but I'm sure someone will create it.

I just discoverd this old album, music by Charles Aznavour and George Garvarentz.

Dansez chez Daniela (OST from the movie by Max Pecas "De quoi tu t'mêles Daniela", Music: Charles Aznavour & Georges Garvarentz) (1961, Ricordi, 30 P 018)

16195822_1566593123356519_43130486237726

And now some "early" Williams.

John Williams - Checkmate

John Williams - Fitzwilly (stereo album)

John Williams - Jane Eyre