What Is The Last Score You Listened To? (older scores)

Ollie

3 hours ago, Muad'Dib said:

Absolutely enchanting

My favourite Rota score. Enchanting is the right word indeed to describe it.

John Williams - The Phantom Menace (OST, but in a more chronological sequence, com'on "Duel of the Fates" can't be the second track, it always ruined my listening experience!!!)

John Williams - Revenge of the Sith (OST, but in a more chronological sequence, same here "Battle of the heroes" can't be the third track, mercy...)

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

:music: Close Encounters of the Third Kind by John Williams. Film music doesn't get much better than this. In fact it probably doesn't, full stop.

Karol

I agree, except... I would replace the word "probably" with the words "absolutely fucking definitely" :)

4 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

I've tried to listen to Close Encounters half a dozen times and I still can't recall a note of it. 

You should be able to recall at least five notes. ;)

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

Dumb ass :P

What a classy argument. How old are you, ten?

:P

Black saturday

John Williams - Black Sunday

John Williams - The Long Goodbye (a playlist of mine, I can't stand the track list of the CD, it makes no sense)

IMG_2353.JPG

6 hours ago, Bespin said:

John Williams - Superman (OST, 16 tracks Japan CD)

John Williams - CE3K (LLL, CD1)

26240505_1961144217234739_66885964815194

Is that 1941 lurking on the far left?

Bes, I assume that you have the Blue Box? Why would you want some inferior-sounding CD?

Just now, Richard said:

Is that 1941 lurking on the far left?

Bes, I assume that you have the Blue Box? Why would you want some inferior-sounding CD?

Yes 1941. :-)

No I don't own the blue box, as I just care for the JW score of the first movie. It's a too big box for me, too expensive for my needs.

2 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Yes 1941. :-)

No I don't own the blue box, as I just care for the JW score of the first movie. It's a too big box for me, too expensive for my needs.

I'm sure someone at some point will re-release it yet again.

But hey, Rhino is still very much in print and sounding not bad at all.

Karol

My modestly reduced (44 minutes) playlist of Powell's 'Ferdinand'. The obvious highlights (Flower Festival, Finale) are a bit more fleshed out and while it not always overcomes the latin greeting card trappings the thematic handling and the colourful orchestral settings (woodwinds, especially) are far above the norm (compare that to the similar 'Coco', which has nice tunes but hardly one dramatic cue that matters). I wish Powell would refrain more from the overwrought ADHS grandstanding typical for the gerne - you know, frantic drum loops and percussion rattling along - but when he is freed from that obligation his writing has become very assured (the 12-minute 'Finale' is ceirtanly the score's highlight).

On 6.1.2018 at 11:53 PM, crocodile said:

I'm sure someone at some point will re-release it yet again.

But hey, Rhino is still very much in print and sounding not bad at all.

Karol

Damn them if they do! I paid big bucks for the Blue Box! Everyone else should be made to pay the price for the first Superman score just like I did. While I appreciate the other three scores more now that I have the collection the first one is really the main attraction for me in the box.

2 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Damn them if they do! I paid big bucks for the Blue Box! Everyone else should be made to pay the price for the first Superman score just like I did. While I appreciate the other three scores more now that I have the collection the first one is really the main attraction for me in the box.

More privileged First World bitching!

@publicist, what was the name of that composer you mentioned a few weeks ago which you thought had made one of the best scores of 2017? His name was Green-something.

10 minutes ago, Incanus said:

But I like to save money on my CD purchases!

The best saving tip is not to buy them.

:P

12 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

More privileged First World bitching!

That's the best there is!

1 hour ago, Incanus said:

For me it is 1... and 4.

Karol

3 hours ago, crocodile said:

For me it is 1... and 4.

Karol

Yeah 4 is the secondary attraction yes. 

On 7.1.2018 at 2:09 PM, crocodile said:

:music: Star Wars: The Last Jedi  by William Ross. The expanded chronological edit.

Karol

Just listening to an expanded edit myself. If Williams can combine the thematic consistent throughline of TFA and the roaring dramatism of TLJ in the final score it will be a masterpiece.