El Jefe

What Is The Last Score You Listened To?

Up by Michael Giacchino, again

I've never heard this one until now (saw the film when it was out and don't remember it at all)

I...really, really like this.

In fact, I kind of love it. 

I've never LOVED a Giacchino score until now. (Which is to say, I like Jurassic World, Inside Out and his Apes music)

I had no idea Giacchino could be this good. Even the sound quality/mix is MUCH better than usual for him! 

I'm gonna keep listening to this. I'm sorry. I assume I'm in the minority here. But this is the first Giacchino score I've heard that I really strongly resonate with. 

This just blew me the f*** away. Those organ motifs are incredibly emotive, capturing somehow the essence of the spectral unknown while evoking images of the majestic and downright frightening deep expanse of space. That, or my imagination just plays hell with me sometimes.

Zimmer's finest ever work.

Ivanhoe (the re-recording by Sinfonia of London conducted by Bruce Broughton) by Miklós Rózsa: This is fantastic! I can't believe I haven't listened to this one sooner. A wonderful performance by the Sinfonia of London and a great recording by Mike Ross-Trevor.

4 hours ago, Quintus said:

This just blew me f*** away. Those organ motifs are incredibly emotive, capturing somehow the essence of the spectral unknown while evoking images of the majestic and downright frightening deep expanse of space. That, or my imagination just plays hell with me sometimes.

Zimmer's finest ever work.

That's excellent!

8 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

How the hell do you watch that film and not remember the music? 

I’ve seen many film scored by Gia and not remembered the music after

2 hours ago, Incanus said:

Ivanhoe (the re-recording by Sinfonia of London conducted by Bruce Broughton) by Miklós Rózsa: This is fantastic! I can't believe I haven't listened to this one sooner. A wonderful performance by the Sinfonia of London and a great recording by Mike Ross-Trevor.

Too bad it only uses the film version of the opening title, the original version is AMAZING.

Thankfully the Gerhardt has it: