El Jefe

What Is The Last Score You Listened To?

26088 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BloodBoal said:

Yep. I can totally understand why some people love it, but it doesn't do an awful lot for me.

Ditto. I respect it, but not as much in love with it.

I agree with the others, Dances with Wolves doesn't do much for me.  I'm not a fan of Barry's sweeping drama sound in general.   

Fateless :music:

First Knight :music:

Epic Barry is great in small dosis.

But put some 60's 007 trombones in there, or those groovy 70's synths!

9 hours ago, crocodile said:

I find the original 53-minute album to be too much already. It is good music, has great themes. It probably deserves all the praise it gets. But I could never listen to it for some reason.

Yup.

My favorite part from Dances with Wolves has always been the wonderfull Two Socks theme

I've always found it very moving

8 hours ago, Romão said:

My favorite part from Dances with Wolves has always been the wonderfull Two Socks theme

It is one of those 'unnatural' Barry melodies that took me some time to appreciate (whereas the John Dunbar Theme is the kind of dim-witted Ten Tenors tunes that starts to sound embarrasing after a while). Still, the love theme that is a muted presence in the score is hands down one of the best Barry themes of its ilk and together with the Two Socks and the wide heroic indian theme the only really bearable stuff from this overrated simpleton of a score.