• Announcements

• Jay

Donate to JWFan, win a CD!   05/30/17

Hello!

We are significantly behind on our funds for keeping JWFan alive, and need to collect donations again.
      As an incentive, I am offering a series of free CDS to anyone who donates over a certain amount!   Donate at least $10 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $250 goal:   Tyler Bates - God of War; Ascension (OST, La La Land Records) Danny Elfman - Planet of the Apes (OST, Sony) Danny Elfman - Taking Woodstock (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Identity Thief (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (OST) Michael Giacchino - Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (OST, Varese Sarabande) Dave Holmes & Various - Ocean's 11 (OST, WB Records) Joel McNeely & Various - Hollywood '94 (Varese Sarabande) Joe Kraemer - Jack Reacher (OST, La La Land Records) John Williams - Born on the Fourth of July (OST, MCA Records)   Donate at least $20 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $500 goal:   John Barry - First Love (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - The Challenge (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - In Harm's Way (2009 Intrada edition) Jerry Goldsmith - The Red Pony (Varese) Alan Silvestri - Dutch (La La Land) Shirley Walker - Willard (La La Land) John Williams - Family Plot (Varese Sarabande) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $30 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $750 goal:   James Horner - Gorky Park (OOP Kritzerland Edition) James Newton Howard - Outbreak (2CD, Varese Deluxe Edition) Laurence Rosenthal - Clash of the Titans (2CD, Intrada) John Williams - The Fury (2CD, La La Land) John Williams - Jane Eyre (OOP, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $50 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $1,000 goal:   Jerry Fielding - The Wild Bunch (3CD, FSM) Ira Newborn - The Naked Gun trilogy (3CD, La La Land) Shirley Walker and Various - Batman: The Animated Series Volume 3 (4CD, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer     All shipping will be paid by me to anywhere in the world!   I will pull names from a hat for each pool, and you get to pick whatever CD set you want if I pull your name!   To be eligible, leave your JWFan username in the comments area of your donation.  If you want to donate but not be in the running for a free CD, mention that in the comment.   Use this link or the link on the mainpage.       Thank you!   Jason, Ricard, and Andreas.
El Jefe

What Is The Last Score You Listened To?

27951 posts in this topic

They are both quite fine actually.

True. But KOCS was always quite disappointing to me somehow, and AOTC wasnt. I dunno...

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is as well crafted as, say, The Force Awakens. It actually reminds me a lot of that one. Only it lacks a theme as strong as Rey's Theme.

Attack of the Clones sounds kinda dull at first, until you realize there's actually a pretty cool action thriller score in there (and that somehow the music tells the whole story more coherently than the final film does).

Yes, none of the themes of KOCS, and it has quite a few are really up there. Not compared the previous Indy scores. It's just all....not quite.

Regulations require me to butt in and say that I'm still a big fan of "Adventures of Mutt" and "Irina's Theme."

Carry on.

Good for you, sport.

Mr. Breath (or is that Mr. Mask?) is right: without any frame of reference, or any context, it's great, and, compared with all that RCP tripe, it's the best effing score of 2008.

Its problem is two-fold:

1/ it underscored a piss-poor film, and 

2/ it had to follow three scores that are virtually beyond superlatives. 

It never really stood a chance, the poor thing. Still, I'd take KOCS over most of what passes as film music, these days.

A.I. Artificial Intelligence

Empire of the Sun

Ant-Man

The Monkey King 2

Karol

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

Good for you, sport.

Richard, Richard.  What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully?

I'm sorry, Stu, I wasn't aware that I was treating anybody disrespectfully. I was, merely, attempting to validate your liking for some parts of KOCS. I, too, like some of it.

Please accept my apologies for any offence that I might have caused.

It's all good.  It gave me an opportunity to quote The Godfather, if nothing else.

Richard likes this

Damn! I should have picked-up on that!

That's my memory, Stu...that's not me.

Koray, "Fire and Water" is the title of Disc 1, Track 1 of "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" original soundtrack, and is a kick-ass film music track.  Check it out!

KOTCS is JW at his most autopilot and boring. TFA is JW at his most autopilot and entertaining.

She can't be. I could see her pilot things in the film.

Karol

9 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

But how did the Force get pregnant?

When two Forces love each other very much...

11 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

But how did the Force get pregnant?

Midi-chlorians!

They are now an established part of the saga, so it makes sense to use them if needed.

Better than Luke being Rey's daddy anyway.

Not really. Anakin was the son of the midi-chlorians, too, so if Rey is a child of the Force, then it means she's Anakin's sister, and... Luke's aunt? Didn't see that coming.

She is the child of the Light Side, like Anakin was the child of the Dark.

Qui-Gon thought Ani was the Chosen One while it was actually Rey. And his mistake destroyed the Jedi Order.

Quite interesting stuff, if you think about it.

I thought the midi-chlorian concept was abandoned with Disney's purchase of SW, or at least would never be mentioned again in a SW film. I'm fine with both options.

Just now, Stefancos said:

She is the child of the Light Side, like Anakin was the child of the Dark.

Qui-Gon thought Ani was the Chosen One while it was actually Rey. And his mistake destroyed the Jedi Order.

Quite interesting stuff, if you think about it.

Interesting... The Ring Theory rings true!

Just now, JohnSolo said:

I thought the midi-chlorian concept was abandoned with Disney's purchase of SW, or at least would never be mentioned again in a SW film. I'm fine with both options.

I don't think that was ever stated by anyone involved with Disney or Lucasfilm. JJ probably didnt want to put it in the film he was making, but thats different.

There's no evidence that Disney has abandoned anything from the Prequels.

2 minutes ago, JohnSolo said:

You may ignore their tomfoolery.  It's amazing how much time they'll spend having completely ironic discussions.

I personally just pretend the whole midi-chlorian concept was never brought up. It changes the entire concept of the Force from a pseudo-spiritual belief to a genetic, hereditary trait.

14 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

You may ignore their tomfoolery.  It's amazing how much time they'll spend having completely ironic discussions.

I'm 100% serious this time.

I do suspect it will be something like that.  But we'll see.

"No no, Qui-Gon just got it wrong! Anakin wasn't ever actually the Chosen One.  Rey is the real Chosen One!"

I'm still lost as to why it's a bad thing to have a scientific explanation as to why some people are Force sensitive. Some have argued that I robs it of its mystery, but it's plausible and acceptable that an advanced civilisation like the Jedi would have found that their kind had a protein that normies didn't, which enabled their bodies to have access to the Force.

Like we can't see without eyes, can't hear without ears, can't touch without nerves, so logically Jedi can't feel the Force without midichlorox.

The Prophets of the Celestial temple or both revered Religious icons to the Bajoran people and wormhole aliens who exist out of linear time!

6 hours ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

You're going to get a kick out of this: both those cues were officially released digitally in 2013 for the 20th anniversary of the film. ;) 

Well yeah, but I don't give a hoot about digital. I like my shiny CD's that take up space, confound it!