What Is The Last Score You Listened To? (older scores)

Ollie

Salacious's postcount remains the same, actually.

However, look at Neil's profile. He found a way to erase his postcount before he left!

Why did he do that? In fact why did he erase his identity on the board?

Because he started working in the industry.

He did use an alias from the start. He screen name here was "IndySolo" before he changed it to "Lurker"

He's stopped posting on FSM now, too. He only reads and posts to Facebook and Twitter now.

Lol why is this becoming such a big deal? Occasionally all of us need some space from JWFan, I know it happens to me too. He'll be back in a few days when there's less fanatic SW guessing games, and more concrete topics of discussion.

Ending my Jerry marathon yesterday was

Alien (The OST)

Wow, hadn't listened to the OST program in a while (it was on Spotify), as I've been listening to the main program of the Intrada for a while now. Well, I didn't really like it! It's quite a jumbled mess of ideas from the score with no real flow. The main program of the whole score is a much more fluid listening experience. Such a great score, still.

Today was

John Williams - Hook (Complete)

Listening to Home Alone a lot lately put me in the mood for this. Good stuff!

It sounds nice enough in places but the generic ethnic percussion material bored me to tears.

Generic?

There's hardly another score that's used ethnic elements so appropriately and colourfully!

The only thing the score really has against it is its mix, which has been a problem in a couple of Danna scores.

I was just thinking that The Nativity Story would make a great concert experience. It would be wonderful to hear all the choral and soloist music in a live setting.

Indeed! I'd love to hear this live.

:music:Turbulence (Shirley Walker). Now, this might be the cheesier and more over the top version of Die Hard, that's true. But it's such a fun score. The album is too long but there's a lot of variety as well. The slow decomposition and erosion of Carol of the Bells is brilliant and, of course, it ends up where Home Alone starts off.... with Dies Irae motif. One of my Christmas favourites, no doubt.

Karol

I honestly don't see the big deal about Stefan leaving. I'm considering doing something like that a couple days prior to the film's release. He'll come back after the film is released anyway, right?

Nobody around these parts cares if you throw a hissy fit and leave like a pouty little brat for weeks. Trust me. I'd know.

How can you say nobody cares about you, Wojo? I noticed and made a whole thread about it! And you never even explained why you left!

Okay, I'm back.

I listened to the Munich OST. You know, I very rarely listen to this piece of shit. Every once in a while, though, I give it another shot. It can't be that bad, right? Right? Then the Gladiator woman starts wailing, then comes the endless dissonance and atonality. The majority of this album (score?) is just unlistenable. Why was it even released?

But it's okay now. I'm recovering with Angela's Ashes.

I'm seeing posts being quoted in this thread that I can't find. Am I the only one?

What quotes? What are you talking about?

Fyi, just click the snapback.png in a quote to be brought to that original post

Okay, I'm back.

I listened to the Munich OST. You know, I very rarely listen to this piece of shit. Every once in a while, though, I give it another shot. It can't be that bad, right? Right? Then the Gladiator woman starts wailing, then comes the endless dissonance and atonality. The majority of this album (score?) is just unlistenable. Why was it even released?

But it's okay now. I'm recovering with Angela's Ashes.

51880402.jpg

People seem to dig that boring, oppressive, atmospheric shit.

And fanfares and soaring main themes and sweeping love themes and little piano motifs and all kinds of stuff. It is a wonderful world!

Il Bandito Dagli Occhi Azzurri - Ennio Morricone

Off-kilter italian crime thriller - Franco Nero chases or indeed is a bandito in possession of outrageously blue eyes - and Morricone also quite unusually riff-jazzes along Dave Brubeck NY lines with some Thelonius Monk and Vivaldi thrown in for go(o)d measure. It's a side of EM i've never heard before but who would've doubted him? Great jazz score, though i doubt there are many takers here.