What Is The Last Score You Listened To? (older scores)

Ollie

A whole bunch of stuff, in a shortened 30 minute album for each:

Jaws

Jurassic Park

Raiders of the Lost Ark

...and then in released format...

Beauty and the Beast Legacy Collection

Ant Man

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

...and for the rest of the week the Bond scores of John Barry, thanks to recommendation from @Holko.

David Arnold's The World Is Not Enough and Tomorrow Never Dies

Fantastic scores, hope the latter gets an expanded release too one day.

4 hours ago, crocodile said:

A.I. Artificial Intelligence and The Lost World: Jurassic Park. Two most interesting big scores from the maestro that are nothing like the rest of his output. And also two finest expanded releases of his work so far.

Now you can add PoA to that list, regarding your criteria.

19 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Now you can add PoA to that list, regarding your criteria.

I've not heard the new set yet so it doesn't qualify...yet.

Karol

The Fury is one of those scores I love the more and more I listen to it. I used to merely "like it", but I've been ranking it higher and higher as far as Severin's Williams favorites go. There's something about its mystifying darkness that really resonates with me. And yes, I guess I was apparently in the mood for darkness at the moment. Though pleasant darkness in this case, I'd say.

I'm referring to the OST far moreso, but I appreciate having both that and the film score as available options.

17 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Guilty until proven innocent. ;)

Hell yeah! This forum needs more American values.

3 hours ago, Warrior of Wet Dreams said:

The Fury is one of those scores I love the more and more I listen to it. I used to merely "like it", but I've been ranking it higher and higher as far as Severin's Williams favorites go. There's something about its mystifying darkness that really resonates with me. And yes, I guess I was apparently in the mood for darkness at the moment. Though pleasant darkness in this case, I'd say.

I'm referring to the OST far moreso, but I appreciate having both that and the film score as available options.

Perhaps more than any other John Williams score, it truly immerses me in an atmosphere. It feels so...secretive, it's almost like a cult induction or something. There's this profound, surreal dimension of some private ordeal that you shouldn't know about , but have stumbled upon by mistake. Very conspiratorial and engrossing. 

In terms of getting this mood across, this might be my favorite track.

.:music:Black Sunday. Now this is another rare project from Williams...a gritty action thriller. And, typically for his 1970's self, he delivers in spades. The score has a lot in common with his other famous works from the era, some of them yet to come. The narrative thoroughline is very well defined musically which makes it very easy to follow on album. It's a treat.

I just wish we had the triumphant film version of the final cue in stereo.

Karol

2 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Now that the FSM release seems out of print, I guess it's only a matter of time before MM gives us an updated release.

It's not out of print.

Karol

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Being in print and bring in stock is really not the same thing. 

When stores are starting to run out of a title and not re-stocking, that usually means that the final pressing has been done and is selling out.

SAE is the storefront of FSM.  If it's in stock there, it's in print.  In print doesn't mean still being manufactured, it just means they haven't sold through the limited quantity.  I don't understand making a distinction.

Well, according to Wikipedia,

An item goes out of print when a publisher does not reprint, re-press, or reissue after all copies have been sold to retailers.

That is, the retailers can still have copies left when the title is OOP.

:music: The Empire Strikes Back. Oh wow. It's been ages. It's quite something, innit? Epic and emotionally powerful. Pity this might be one of the most butchered scores in the saga. But I'll still go to the live performance if they announce it. Hopefully LSO will do it 

Karol

About to enter a very hectic period leading up to Christmas.  Gearing up for weeks of extreme musical workloads with one of Williams' finest exercises in tasteful excess, his first Potter score.

2 minutes ago, TGP said:

About to enter a very hectic period leading up to Christmas.  Gearing up for weeks of extreme musical workloads with one of Williams' finest exercises in tasteful excess, his first Potter score.

Listening to HP1 is like settling into a recliner with a full can of Redi-Whip.  Comfortable, rich, and goes down smooth.

14 hours ago, publicist said:

and onset of Diabetes.

The following disclaimer just appeared on the LLL website:

If the new Harry Potter set doesn't give you type 1 diabetes within the first 21 days of listening we will issue a full refund*

*minus shipping/handling cost

:music: Return to Oz

Karol

So...I take a nice walk to a café, to write my Christmas cards, and what do I hear, over the loudspeakers? Fucking BRAVEHEART, that's what! Honestly, I moved here to get away from James Horner.

19 hours ago, publicist said:

Only in tandem with Hook and Home Alone 2 (lays it on more thick than 1) on a loop.

HOOK should come with its own supply of insulin.