Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

John Crichton

4 CDs?

clearly a mistake. btw my great thread should have simply died, there was no need to continue in this pale imitation.

4 CDs?

clearly a mistake. btw my great thread should have simply died, there was no need to continue in this pale imitation.

Blame John C. He didn't end it at 200 pages. :lol:

4 CDs?

Blame John C. He didn't end it at 200 pages. :lol:

I shall send him a virus filled pm from HELL. :(

Yeah, you can also see it is limited to 10,000 units on that certificate. Is it a complete score, perhaps? Or maybe it has like video content to. Quite an interesting set, and bizzare it is being "advertised" so early. Here is hoping that IF John Williams does Part 2 that we get a similar treatment! But hopefully at a cheaper price... eesh...

Oh look, if you zoom in even closer....

"Featuring the complete scoundtrack to Alexander Desplat's wonderful new score to the final installment of the beloved Harry Potter franchise. And as a bonus we present an hour of Oscar winning composer John Williams' demo recordings for his unused score."

;)

That picture wasn't there earlier when I posted the link.

I was about to post the same thing. There was no picture when I originally looked.

It does appear to be a legitimate complete score release. It's just confusing that its 4 discs long. I'm sure the complete score fits on 2. Disc 3 could be the OST, if it contains a unique listening experience that can't be re-created by removing tracks from discs 1 and 2. But what's disc 4? DVD?

It does appear to be a legitimate complete score release. It's just confusing that its 4 discs long. I'm sure the complete score fits on 2. Disc 3 could be the OST, if it contains a unique listening experience that can't be re-created by removing tracks from discs 1 and 2. But what's disc 4? DVD?

Disc 1: Complete/expanded score part 1

Disc 2: Complete/expanded score part 2

Disc 3: OST

Disc 4: DVD

Yeah, sounds possible... wow!

bonus score from his twilight film.

4 CDs?

I don't know about that. Looks like the open box in the upper right of the picture sure looks like it holds 3 CDs and a booklet of some kind, then up top in the middle of the picture is what looks like a basic CD holder thing, which I assume holds the CD shown at lower left.

Very interesting...

... Well that's what I get for getting distracted in the midst of writing my post. You guys beat me to the punch! Oh well. Still interesting.

4 CDs?

I don't know about that. Looks like the open box in the upper right of the picture sure looks like it holds 3 CDs and a booklet of some kind, then up top in the middle of the picture is what looks like a basic CD holder thing, which I assume holds the CD shown at lower left.

Very interesting...

... Well that's what I get for getting distracted in the midst of writing my post. You guys beat me to the punch! Oh well. Still interesting.

At the time Joey posted there was no picture on the site. ;)

EDIT: Nevermind! ;)

I saw on another board that there will be a download of the score in 5.1 for all who order the disc based OST. Perhaps one of the discs would be the 5.1 treatment? Either way, I pre-ordered. If it winds up being "happy meal" swag, I'll just cancel. But the sheet music shown in that image has me optimistic it may be the whole score. Just to be safe. I hope all 10,000 go so that they release the others like this....and now I REALLY want JW back for part II.

i hope his score is worth it. I mean. really.. lol... they havn't dont this to about...well...ANY of the Williams scores that DESERVE it... :cough: AI :cough: Memoirs of a Giesha :cough: ET :cough: Schindler's List :cough: Jurassic Park :cough: ...sorry, itch in my throat

Update on POA UE:

If I have any complaint it's that John Williams' soaring score is a bit subdued at times. It isn't a debilitating anomaly in the slightest, and may very well trace back to the film's original sound design, but it did catch my attention on more than one occasion.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Harry-Potter-and-the-Prisoner-of-Azkaban-Blu-ray/5721/#Review

It's gotten confusing, all the different potter threads, so I'm going to move any posts in this thread concerning Desplat's HP7.1 score to the HP7.1 thread. Let's just talk about HP7.1 - the movie itself - in this thread

Posters, trailers, commercials, early reviews, actual reviews by us once we see it, etc.

So,

To talk about the upcoming FILMS THEMSELVES, go here:

To talk about Desplat's score to HP7 part 1, go here:

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 1 by Alexandre Desplat

To talk about who may or may not score HP7 part 2, go here:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2?

This is GoodMusician's thread for his fan score to HP7 part 1:

Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows (Fan Score)

This is to discuss the Harry Potter theme park attraction only:

New details on Wizarding World of Harry Potter

And this is the thread to discuss Desplat's non-Potter scores

The Curious Case of Alexandre Desplat

And this to discuss the HP1 recording sessions leak

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's (Philosopher's) Stone

It's gotten confusing, all the different potter threads, so I'm going to move any posts in this thread concerning Desplat's HP7.1 score to the HP7.1 thread. Let's just talk about HP7.1 - the movie itself - in this thread

Posters, trailers, commercials, early reviews, actual reviews by us once we see it, etc.

So,

To talk about the upcoming FILMS THEMSELVES, go here:

To talk about Desplat's score to HP7 part 1, go here:

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 1 by Alexandre Desplat

To talk about who may or may not score HP7 part 2, go here:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2?

This is GoodMusician's thread for his fan score to HP7 part 1:

Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows (Fan Score)

This is to discuss the Harry Potter theme park attraction only:

New details on Wizarding World of Harry Potter

And this is the thread to discuss Desplat's non-Potter scores

The Curious Case of Alexandre Desplat

And this to discuss the HP1 recording sessions leak

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's (Philosopher's) Stone

huh, what?

what a confusing post. :)

the original intent of the original version of this thread was to save you from having to do what you're doing. It's redundant and a waste of your time.

• 2 weeks later...

He may very well be telling the truth on that, from his honest opinion. Though you must remember he recently got in trouble by the WB for revealing those on-set Hallows pics haha. They perhaps could have told him to put something like that up, lol. But like I said, he may also actually mean it.