The Dark Knight Rises

John Crichton

Does no one realize that it's the equivalent of the Bat symbol in the sky? I thought it was a unique way to do it.

It's an interesting way to use negative space to draw the Bat-logo, instead of something positive like the flaming logo of the previous movie.

Duh.

Now this is a great teaser poster

Meh. I'm tired of seeing skyscrapers on posters. The Dark Knight, Inception, HP : HBP, The Smurfs, etc... and now this. What's so great about skyscrapers ?

what a stupid question. just look at a skyscraper and you can see what's so great about them.

the new Dark Knight poster screams Inception 2, it's conceptually poor.

Four movies. So overdone.

:lol: I can't think any of Nolan's films would be inappropriate for skyscraper posters, anyways. He basically makes the city one of the characters in the film, and skyscrapers are an easy symbol of big cities like Chicago/Gotham.

Does no one realize that it's the equivalent of the Bat symbol in the sky? I thought it was a unique way to do it.

I think it's pretty clever myself. And I like the symbolism of Batman emerging from the rubble and the dark giving away to light.

Yeah, its a very good poster. Gotham is crumbling and only Batman can emerge to save it from the villains. A very basic concept, but very interesting and definitely in line with the previous posters.

BTW, does anybody see the Superman shield on the left hand side of the poster? Might just be my eyes, but it looks like it to me.

BatmanBegins.jpg

The_Dark_Knight_Poster.jpg

281x211.jpg

The poster for TDK Rises fits in well with the "giant bat logo" motif used in the previous posters.

And unlike Inception's poster, this poster features no people, flood waters, or intact buildings. It's a different kind of airplane, altogether.

Wycket, I see what looks like the Superman shield, but it's not it. The Superman shield is a stretched pentagon, and while the top left of what you see in the TDK Rises poster looks like the same corner, the right ends in a point, making it four sides instead of five, and without any hint of the S emblazoned on front. I think it's just a piece of debris that coincidentally looks similar to it, and really don't think that Nolan would use this movie to set up the Superman series. At least, I hope he doesn't.

That teaser poster tells us so much about the film. The bad guy will invent a magnification device which he'll put to use on Batman while our hero is soaring in the sky. Batman will enlarge to such an extent that the added weight won't sustain his flying anymore, so he will come crashing down onto the city, thrashing all the buildings on the way down. Of course, the metaphor being that the city cannot support the symbolic weight of Batman and the moral issues he brings to the table anymore.

Either that, or it's 9/11 in comic-book cinema again.

Rumor has it that the teaser trailer will be online sometime today, primarily due to a surge of activity on the official site including some setup with Flash. Could be wrong, but the teaser for John Carter of Mars is supposed to be online Thursday, so an early online premiere is entirely possible.

I can't agree. In his Batman films the city just comes of as a huge sterile hulking mass. Not a character at all.

As most of the time, the Dutchman's right.

Sure, we could use some gothic architecture, and gargoyles... All the stuff we haven't previously seen in any Batman incarnation and that would add some new character to the premise.

Karol

Sure, we could use some gothic architecture, and gargoyles... All the stuff we haven't previously seen in any Batman incarnation and that would add some new character to the premise.

Karol

Check Andrew Davis' The Fugitive to see a film that really uses Chicago.

:lol: I can't think any of Nolan's films would be inappropriate for skyscraper posters, anyways.

I'd rule out Memento, Insomnia and The Prestige...

Karol

Check Andrew Davis' The Fugitive to see a film that really uses Chicago.

And the mountainous region of northern Illinois....

And the surprising fact that Milwaukee has an elevated train...

;)

You already hate this film, right?

not at all, but I hate the raw ghoul villian, the ultimate in lame.

still I enjoy all the male actors who excel in TDK, too bad Bale was the least of them.

:lol: I can't think any of Nolan's films would be inappropriate for skyscraper posters, anyways.

I'd rule out Memento, Insomnia and The Prestige...

Well, I meant the Nolan films that were listed, but I guess that's true too... :wink:

still I enjoy all the male actors who excel in TDK, too bad Bale was the least of them.

Indeed. He made an ok Bruce Wayne, and looked ok in the Bat-suit, but when he spoke...egads. Since we could not have had a good Batman voice like Kevin Conroy, I would have preferred even a Brian Johnson facsimile than what Bale did. His gravelly voice only worked well for the "swear to me" line in the first film.

And yet, saying that Bale was the least of the male actors in TDK isn't really that bad, since the others were all so spot-on excellent, that someone had to be last.

Seeing the poster art in motion was pretty cool

Interesting how they are advertising it as "the conclusion"

A really good teaser. I wasn't sure on Gordon's lines when I read the trailer description, but he sold them.

Sad to see Zimmer as the sole credited composer there. I really want JNH back.

Hopefully I can find it somewhere. It seems almost all of the videos have been taken down.

Indeed. He made an ok Bruce Wayne, and looked ok in the Bat-suit, but when he spoke...egads. Since we could not have had a good Batman voice like Kevin Conroy, I would have preferred even a Brian Johnson facsimile than what Bale did. His gravelly voice only worked well for the "swear to me" line in the first film.

And yet, saying that Bale was the least of the male actors in TDK isn't really that bad, since the others were all so spot-on excellent, that someone had to be last.

that's why I said least instead of something critical like worst. Bale has his moments.

We already discussed earlier in the thread that he was out and HZ was scoring this one solo

The trailer doesn't show much (but more than TDK teaser, which showed nothing at all). But "my dark knight rises" anyway (as someone at AICN pointed out). ;)

Karol