The Dark Knight Rises

John Crichton

Yep. :mellow:

But he won't be the mindless idiot as portrayed in Batman and Robin.

Given Nolan's story telling so far, I imagine he'll be like the comic book character, rather cunning and intelligent.

anne-hathaway-havoc-splash.jpg

I'd snap that trap. (Y)

Here kitty, kitty, kitty.......

Miaow.

Maybe we can have a villain that surpasses Ledger easily.

Only time will tell what she does with the character, but she'll be more fun to look at than Ledger was. And I liked that makeup! ;)

I agree. I agree on the makeup thing too xD

I was just wondering if the character could get something of the mediatic impact of The Joker. Which should happen if done right.

Ah, Batman's villains gallery...

I agree. I agree on the makeup thing too xD

I was just wondering if the character could get something of the mediatic impact of The Joker. Which should happen if done right.

Ah, Batman's villains gallery...

The character is arguably as famous as Joker and Two-Face, given her numerous incarnations over the years in different media.

Yep. :mellow:

But he won't be the mindless idiot as portrayed in Batman and Robin.

Given Nolan's story telling so far, I imagine he'll be like the comic book character, rather cunning and intelligent.

anne-hathaway-havoc-splash.jpg

I'd snap that trap. (Y)

I have some milk for you...

No wonder the Dark Knight rises.

Damn you! I was driving home from work and that popped in my head to post as soon as I got home!

Damn you for beating me to it!

She's working to break out of the "good girl" image that so many of her earlier movies presented.

She's already done that with Havoc and Love and Other Drugs. She has a GREAT rack in the latter BTW.

Well, in the hands of any other director, I might be worried they are using Bane. But with Nolan and a great actor like Tom Hardy playing the part, I can't help but be excited. And Hathaway seems to be great casting.

"No wonder the Dark Night rises."

"... beating me..."

"... in the hands..."

Too many double entendres. My head's going to explode.

Dammit! Now there's another one.

While I don't really care either way since I'm not a fan of the new Batmans, Bane is an absolutely lame choice for a villain.

Yeah, it is the closest equivalent to Venom in Spider-Man. It might seem like a good idea at first, but there's not much you can say about him. Hope I'm wrong though.

Karol

Seriously, have any of you even read any of the Bane comics or are you just going on the basis of the Schumacher shitfest?

Bane is a freaking mad genius who manipulated things behind the scenes to unhinge Batman, found out his identity and then fucked him up in the Batcave, breaking his back, before later teaming up with Ra's to unleash a plague on Gotham. He's essentially the anti-Batman.

I read the Batman: Vengence of Bane one-shot and the whole Knightfall trilogy.

His origin is interesting, but his obsession with Batman is not very clear.

Karol

Seriously, have any of you even read any of the Bane comics or are you just going on the basis of the Schumacher shitfest?

Bane is a freaking mad genius who manipulated things behind the scenes to unhinge Batman, found out his identity and then fucked him up in the Batcave, breaking his back, before later teaming up with Ra's to unleash a plague on Gotham. He's essentially the anti-Batman.

Yeah I mentioned in an earlier post that Bane, from the comics, is a highly intelligent.

I wonder if the 3rd film will follow the storyline with Ra's al Ghul?

Well, in the comics he seems to view Batman as a great challenge, like Kasparov vs Deep Blue. There's also a weird childhood dream deal going on.

But I think he's a great character for the film, and for the position the Batman character is in. He's currently the villain, on the run, a supposed murderer. Suddenly Bane comes onto the scene and the whole dynamic changes. The Joker wasn't in it for money or power or even ego, he was just a force of nature. But put someone who is willing to go to town on Gotham in a mirror of what Batman's done, only for the force of bad, and that not only puts Bruce in a dilemma about his action, but can really solidify what he is to Gotham, and vice versa. Maybe the "rises" of the title?

I have a sneaky suspicion Ra's will turn up, though.

Bane is certainly interesting in the comic book, but I kind of doubt he could be that interesting in the film. That's why I was so happy about Hugo Strange rumour. But still the same kind of storyline could be done with Bane, so we'll see.

One more thing: I wonder whether the venom subplot will be used as well... It was introduced in the comic book in a very unexpected way.

Karol

Bane has always bored me. The best Bat-Villains are the classic ones.

I think with this third film Nolan should reboot the series and remake Batman Begins.

:lol:

I'm assuming Catwoman will have a descending string motive that plays every time she appears, sometimes backed by propulsive electronically altered basses and cellos, and Bane will have a one note theme, similar to the brass hits in Inception, sometimes backed by propulsive electronically altered basses and cellos.

As much as the film excites me (though the title and villains have been disappointing announcements), the score I have no doubt will be like the other two: musical wallpaper with some good moments. For a filmmaker of his quality, Nolan just doesn't seem to understand how to get the most out of his composers, nor does he seem to care.

I didn't really care for the villains in Batman Begins. Dark Knight was better in that regard. Scarecrow and Liam Neeson were more boring than algebra, or even Count Dooku. Their characters also go absolutely nowhere of interest.

Whaaa...?

I love Liam Neeson in supervillain mode!!

It's just vthat the villains weren't really as important in BB than in TDK. But villains in the first were perfectly fine. it's just that the estructure of the story skips most on them so we get more Batman.

Yeah, it works fine for Batman Begins, which has more of an actual plot, much of which is Batman's origin story. It's not that the villains are bad - I liked Neeson too - but there was nothing like the Joker in that film.

I have a sneaky suspicion Ra's will turn up, though.

Hopefully not. It would be redundant for them to return to that storyline when it was pretty much all wrapped up in Begins, even if they were to bring in the daughter Talia Al Ghul. In all likelihood Ra's died and the League of Shadows went with him, and that's how it should stay.

He was very much alive when Liam Neeson first showed up at Bruce's party.

That's true and remember too that Liam's character said that he saved his master from the fire.

All though I do have to agree I don't think they'll have that person come back again for the third film. IF they do, then they do but I won't hold my breath for it.

Whaaa...?

I love Liam Neeson in supervillain mode!!

It's just vthat the villains weren't really as important in BB than in TDK. But villains in the first were perfectly fine. it's just that the estructure of the story skips most on them so we get more Batman.

Yes, unlike TDK, BB is actually a movie about Batman. Hopefully we'll see him rise in the next one.

The problem with the character of Batman is, once you fleshed out the origin story, there's not THAT much of interest you can do with either Batman or Bruce without involving him in an actual plot concerning other (super) villians.

Yes, unlike TDK, BB is actually a movie about Batman. Hopefully we'll see him rise in the next one.

Uh, TDK is about Batman's fall. It's just that Harvey Dent and the Joker played a key role in challenging Batman how deep he'd go to save Gotham. Another thing I really hate is how people think the Joker is the main character, when he's actually sharing the screen with Harvey Dent and Bruce Wayne/Batman. Joker's only in 20 minutes of the film.

IF you want a Joker-dominated film, Tim Burton's Batman is a clear example. Nicholson had more screentime than Kim Basinger and Michael Keaton combined.