New album out!

Marcus

Greetings, everyone!

Grammy award winning Ensemble 96 just released their new album Kind, featuring my work The Stolen Child, a W.B.Yeats-setting for choir and string quartet.

The album is available through amazon, spotify, etc. (not sure if it's download only), as well as through the record label's own site, www.2l.musiconline.no.

Hope some of you might enjoy it!

Best,
Marcus

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're probably referring to the theme I wrote for GBOB (Global Battle of the Bands, an international competition for (pop/rock) bands). As far as I know, this music has never been released, although some promo CDs were printed at the time of recording (2007). I don't have any of those, unfortunately, but perhaps you could try GBOB's website? It's also on YouTube, I believe.

A question: How do I post direct links to sound clips on Amazon etc.? (I'm not terribly computer-savvy, to put it mildly)

Best,

M.

Marcus, this is absolutely gorgeous. Does anyone know how to buy it from Europe?

You're definitely one of the few composers to be really influenced by Williams... and I'm talking about real influence, not the cliched aesthetics of Giacchino and the likes. Unlike them you grasp his soul (a sign of your deep admiration for Williams), and yet have your own personality embedded in every work you've written (to have an own voice is such a gift in these times!). "The Dome and the River" was my favourite work so far, but I think this will replace it in my mind.

Thank you for your very kind comments!

@Peio: I think 2L gets pretty good international distribution, so I imagine the CD will eventually hit (select) stores worldwide (I've usually been able to obtain their releases wherever in the world I've been based). It should also be possible to order the CD directly from 2L's website.

All the very best,

Marcus