Video Game Music

Quintus

I guess I can't argue since MOH is one of my favorite scores of any medium, but really Quint?! ;)

Ratchet & Clank has some good music throughout the series, but it's all heavily ripped off Zimmer's pirate music. I still love it, though:

Here's my work on Tie Fighter! Thanks to JanBing ;)

A medley of the battle music in Tie Fighter. I've already done a version 7.3 but this is still in work. These are my first experiences with midi works.

Used equipment:

Cubase 6

EWQLSO Gold

Hope you're enjoying it :)

Ode To Tie - v7.3

.... sorry but I don't know how to embed this player here.

Here's the news from ZeldaUniverse.net:

club-nintendo.jpg

Club Nintendo has just been updated with some info on the new OOT3D Soundtrack CDs. The giveaway will be only for the US and Canada, it starts on June 19th, which is the day of release for the game. There will be 50 tracks, some never before released, and one orchestrated track. Miyamoto hinted at the CD only being given to the people who register OOT 3D on Club Nintendo first, on a first-come-first-serve basis, turning it into a friendly competition, something new for Club Nintendo. Sounds pretty good, right?

More info after the jump!

Now, when OOT was first released, the official soundtrack was released in Japan as well, with a whopping 82 tracks, covering nearly the entire soundtrack. The US release, however, was truncated down to 35 tracks, so albeit these “never before released” tracks were on the Japanese soundtrack, but not ours. And the orchestrated track is most likely going to be the one orchestrated track we posted on previously. But it still sounds pretty good.

This was all announced at Nintendo’s E3 presentation, where Miyamoto also stated that there would be a concert tour in every main region. The dates for these will be announced in the Fall, so you Zelda fans can be looking out for those. Another CD, being released in conjunction with the Skyward Sword release will be featuring the music from these concerts, so be sure to grab that too.

UPDATE: The CD’s will be available in other countries, check the comments below for the stories (everyone’s linked to them).

Damn I almost forgot, Deep Space Nine: The Fallen had some incredible music!

The awesome bad guy themes:

Great ambience:

And again that creepy action:

I was just listening to Griskey's score to "The Force Unleashed" last night and thinking how it's far and away much better than anything they're putting on screen in films these days.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This thread needed to be bumped, so there you go.

Just to remind Zelda fans that the music from The Legend Of Zelda Orchestra Worldwide concerts, celebrating the 25th anniversary of the series, will be released on CD on the same day as Skyward Sword.

Here is a "sample" that was played at the E3-conference. Some cool stuff here (especially the ending). Not as good as I hoped it would be, but still good nonetheless.

Is that the FireGS remastered version?

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/?powerpress_pinw=25626-podcast

I guess I can't argue since MOH is one of my favorite scores of any medium, but really Quint?! ;)

Ratchet & Clank has some good music throughout the series, but it's all heavily ripped off Zimmer's pirate music. I still love it, though:

That's not the music i was referring to! I was referring to his good music, from the Ratchet & Clank 1-3 series and Size Matters & Secret Agent Clank.

I've only played Tools Of Destruction, Quest For Booty, and A Crack In Time.

I wonder if he's back on board for Resistance 3, although I'm pretty sure he didn't do 2. The music from the beta sounds excellent.

Is that the FireGS remastered version?

http://www.zeldauniv...w=25626-podcast

To be perfectly honest, I have absolutely no idea.

P.S.: The link doesn't work.

Here is the working version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17797837/E3%202011%20Nintendo%20Press%20Conference%20Intro%20-%20Live%20The%20Legend%20Of%20Zelda%20Orchestra%20%28with%20download%20link%29.mp3

The Japanese get a full score release for Catherine. Too bad it'd cost me $50 to buy a copy. Anyway, here are a couple of my favorites from the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9rCAZ_rK7s&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKS2uoRbp28

Lounge music at its best.

As I'm about to play at Monkey Island 2 for the very first time today, I say let's celebrate this amazing larger-than-life event with some music ! (I've heard that before...)

You're in for a treat (or, I assume, you've already realized that by now ;)). MI2 is still one of my absolute favorite games of all time!

One hint (no spoilers), be sure to buy a feather before you try to climb the great tree.

They might have fixed it for the SE, or perhaps it only ever happened in the Amiga version, but the first time I played MI2, I didn't buy the feather until afterwards, and half the game later I got stuck because of that and had to start over.

Sorry. I meant those Monkey SEs.

The soundtracks will be included on the Monkey Island: Special Edition - Collection released in Europe in September.

Actually, where did you get this info from? Because I can't find anything about it on the net, and the description at Amazon might just be poorly worded and refer to the re-done soundtracks in the games themselves.

Jesse Harlin himself told me, so I'm pretty sure it's accurate.

He was asked if he had any interesting unreleased content to include in the collection, and he was just like "Well, how about 3 CDs worth of music?". Also the MI2-soundtrack (which in-game consists of severeal snippets that get mixed in real-time through iMuse) is pre-mixed of course, to offer somewhat of a "listening experience". :D

Also the Amazon-description lists the soundtracks under "All-New Monkey Island Special Edition Collection Bonus Content", whereas the remastered music per se is listed under the general features of the games.

Also the Amazon-description lists the soundtracks under "All-New Monkey Island Special Edition Collection Bonus Content", whereas the remastered music per se is listed under the general features of the games.

Yes, but I was afraid that might just have been confusion on Amazon's part. But your semi-official statement sounds good. :)