Video Game Music

Quintus

I'm gonna listen to the Dark Souls score. Just realized it was Motoi Sakuraba and I love Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean the last Hope

i thought I recognized his style playing the game

Not sure if it was mentioned here or not, DirectSong -- the label of the Soule brothers -- will release Jeremy Soule's soundtrack to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim in a four-disc physical CD set for $30, to be shipped next week. All orders placed before 12/23 will be autographed by him.

This is certainly tempting. I have been getting goosebumps from the main theme since January when I first heard it, and recognized that the main themes to Morrowind, Oblivion, and now Skyrim are all the same, which makes the rest of their soundtracks quite listenable and enjoyable, at least to me.

However, I may want to see if i can extract the music files from a folder in the PC installation of the game before I commit myself to buying a soundtrack that costs half as much as the game itself.

http://www.directson...?productid=2240

That arrangement has been around forever. I'm not a fan of the Superman-like take on Zelda.

Its a different recording by the LONDON STREAKING PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA!!, I have always wanted a "LOTR'ed" Zelda, and this is as close as I will probably get to one.

I believe you can bring an orchestra to Zelda in a way that's organic to the games - not with lame, Superman (or Lord of the Rings, you said?) ripoff arrangements that are so generic they could be intended for anything, had they not included a famous melody or two.

I meant, that it was a Orchestra playing Zelda themes, and the same orchestra that performed the LOTR scores. so it was Epic'ed like how LOTR's scores were Epic, even if the arrangement isn't "Organic to the games"

And the Zelda symphony sampler CD sounds awesome!

Bruce botnick!!!!!

I meant, that it was a Orchestra playing Zelda themes, and the same orchestra that performed the LOTR scores. so it was Epic'ed like how LOTR's scores were Epic, even if the arrangement isn't "Organic to the games"

And the Zelda symphony sampler CD sounds awesome!

Bruce botnick!!!!!

It's cool, but I wish the choir had been given something to do besides sing "ah." The brass section is awesome.

It's cool, but I wish the choir had been given something to do besides sing "ah." The brass section is awesome.

Doesn't all choir soind like that ;)

RE: The Halo (Anniversary) re-recording.

It's fucking shit. A big disappointment, especially considering it's the capable Skywalker Symphony. A wet blanket of a performance and an even worse recording; the Marty O'Donnell original never sounded better.

Holy ****, guys. To hell with Zelda, Halo, whatever. Kinect Disneyland: The Music!

http://www.pyramind....and-adventures/

Pyramind Studios has partnered with Microsoft Studios to compose and produce the original score to Kinect Disneyland Adventures, an exclusive Xbox360 videogame created in partnership with Disney, Microsoft Studios, and Frontier Developments. Lead by Pyramind Studios Audio Director/Composer Paul Lipson, Pyramind Studios worked with world-renowned talent to produce an unprecedented three hundred fifteen minutes of original orchestral and idiomatic music, recorded with the eighty-piece Skywalker Symphony Orchestra at Skywalker Sound.

It's pretty astounding. Overall, this game really nails the feel of the Disney parks. The music is, of course, an integral part of the experience. Here's a taste:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGt1jB5wtuc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkvJVchpuOo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyjX3qTgKHw

:drool:

So, I listened to Skyward Sword complete score.

There is no complete rip yet, the sequenced music (which has alot of good stuff) and various other odds and ends are missing.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm listening to Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb for the first time in a long while. Any fan of Williams' Indy scores needs to get this. It's probably a better Indy score than the last Indy score.

I'm listening to Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb for the first time in a long while. Any fan of Williams' Indy scores needs to get this. It's probably a better Indy score than the last Indy score.

Yes definitely! This big meaty action music, the only problem with the soundtrack is, a good part of the music is done by synths, and very cheap sounding too. But the orchestral cues more than make up for that fact.

This will knock your socks off !!!!! The Kraken's Lair

There's a theme in Emperor's Tomb that sounds a lot like the motif from Fast Streets of Shanghai in ToD. I'm not sure if it's a deliberate quote or not but sure sounds like it.

84425597.jpg

This was kind of an on and off project for me, but in the last few days I finally started over from scratch and finished this thing:

TIE Fighter - Original Videogame Soundtrack

It's not 100% complete, as the flight music during the game gets arranged ingame in realtime using the iMuse engine, thus it's basically impossible to have all this music used. Yet, a great suite of inflight music from the game can be found here: Ode to Tie

Massive Attack's Neil Davidge on the scary task of taking over scoring duties from Marty O'Donnell on the Halo franchise: http://www.edge-online.com/features/scoring-halo-4

Arguably the most anticipated game score of the year, I don't envy the man one bit. I'd love him to deliver in stonking great style, though.

• 1 month later...

This is possibly the most beautiful thing to ever come out of a videogame.

Metal Gear Solid is my favorite game franchise after Medal Of Honor, in terms of music.

When that cue starts up when you return to Shadow Moses in Guns Of The Patriots = gaming perfection.

This thread is so fucking slow to load

Anyways I'm playing Valkeria Chronicles and I really like the cue in the opening movie

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my latest work !

I don't think I'd ever spent so much time on a video before...I even picked up a new instrument especially for it :)

[media=]