Greath threads! Thanks for sharing that.

The guy who made them sounds like a really nice bloke!

haha xD

I have FFIV on cd :) The original music :) Planning on getting 7 aswell . I love one song on the 7 soundtrack called 'Ahead on our way' Instantly loved that song when I played the game for the first time last year :)

Anyone listen to Final Fantasy music here? I know you listen to dragonquest DreamTheater, do you also listen to final fantasy?

Why of course I do, but mostly the orchestrated versions (Distant Worlds 1-3), FF VIII Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec which is the perfect FF album (except for that annoying vocal in one particular cue).

I also love the soundtrack of FF XIII (some superb orchestral cues and lovely themes in that one).

Anyone listen to Final Fantasy music here? I know you listen to dragonquest DreamTheater, do you also listen to final fantasy?

For the love of God, I hope people here got the Final Symphony album that came out this spring. I think its ITunes and Amazon MP3 only(?), but its the LSO and its one of the best performances I've heard them give in 30 years.

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Symphony-Music-From-Fantasy/dp/B00TYMD07K

Hey, guys -

I know this is an older game, but does anyone know where I can find all of the raw music files from Star Wars: Republic Commando? I know they were floating around many years ago, but my archive of them is damaged. Someone ripped them out of the game years ago (10 years ago?). I'm not looking for the soundtrack that they released for it. I'm looking for the raw music files that were in the game itself.

Anyone have it or know where I can find it?

Thanks!

- stars

On January 12, 2016 at 0:15 PM, Jay said:

I forget, are there any fans of Remember Me by Olivier Deriviere on this board?

I think Erik Woods is a fan. I like Deriviere but haven't listened to this one. The game is on my infinite backlog, actually. One day!

A really interesting video about the score (and sound design) of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. This kind of Eastern European folk music is really close to me, they're not unfamiliar where I grew up, and it's interestingly combined to make the game's atmosphere really unique and wonderful.

31 minutes ago, Jay said:

Awesome, I've been listening to video game music more than film music lately. 

I know few or probably nobody else here will agree with me but my view is that video game music by and large surpassed film music about two years ago.