What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

Heh heh, we have either ADD or lives, that's for sure.

My game length sweet spot is about 10 hours. But I allow extra time for RPGs and indeed open world stuff like GTA, Batman, Red Dead Redemption or Mad Max. Generally though, if a game gives me 10 hours of engrossing well-paced escapist gameplay with no filler or padding, I feel satisfied and like I have had my monies worth.

I hate it when games like Far Cry and Assassin's Creed go on forever and ever to the point where it feels like they're never going to fucking end.

50 hours is short

I just spent 120 in divinity Original Sin

you guys have ADD

It's not that. I can definitely remain entertained for 50-100 hours on a game (Skyrim, Fallout 3, New Vegas, Final Fantasy for example, Mass Effect trilogy). But like I said, so much interests me these days that I have to play, and re-play (yes I can get a kick out of booting up an old game, simply to re-enter its world, reliving its thrills and seeing it a new light (graphics are not that important to me anyway, however I'll have a look for high-resolution texture packs and whatnot just to spice it up if possible).

I'm just happy that not every game made is for the hardcore OCD gamers (which I can be on a rare occasion), and when one comes along I can complete in ten hours but gives me a great and focused, even emotional experience I will value that over a much too long, repetitive one, that at the end becomes more work than fun.

I just checked: I have 239 hours on Skyrim. It's one of the best games I've ever played... but my question is do I really want to go through it again? I'll do that without question for a great 10 hour game, that gives me all the awesomeness in 10 hours that Skyrim has in 239 hours.

Don't ever play The Witcher 3!

I've not even played the first 2, so the third one is miles away from even being considered. There are only so many humongous RPG's one can (wants to) go through in one lifetime.

I just checked: I have 239 hours on Skyrim. It's one of the best games I've ever played... but my question is do I really want to go through it again? I'll do that without question for a great 10 hour game, that gives me all the awesomeness in 10 hours that Skyrim has in 239 hours.

I've just added it up now using the companion app and I've spent 845 hours on Destiny since it came out about 18 months ago. King Mark is a lightweight!

I' ve run out of RPG's to play, I played them all

Good for you, but there's more out there than RPG's.

I've just added it up now using the companion app and I've spent 845 hours on Destiny since it came out about 18 months ago. King Mark is a lightweight!

:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

Here's my 2015 list of games I completed:

Atelier Escha and Logy

Dragon Age Inquisition

The Last of Us

Lords of the Fallen (had to quit because of a bug)

Drakengard 3

Far Cry 4

Bound by Flame

Xenoblade Chronicles

Atelier Shalllie

Bloodborne

The Last Story

Monster Hunter Tri

Assassin's Creed Black Flag

Mini Ninjas

Witcher 3

Ar No Surge:Ode to an Unborn Star

Final Fantasy Type 0

Pandora's Tower(quit because of the wii controls)

Tales of Zestiria

Divinity Original Sin

Now Playing :Disgaea D2:A Brighter Darkness

I found Goldeneye Reloaded on PS3 for $5 this weekend. I absolutely loved it when it came out and did all the achievements on the Xbox 360, so its nice to go back to something you love with a renewed passion. Still mucking around in MGSV, Mad Max and Battlefront depending on my mood.

I'm almost done with Last Of Us (I'm at the university?) and I'm not over the moon about it. I think the Telltale Walking Dead games spoiled me.

If they ever address the frame rate issues I'll play Bloodborne. The only other games I'm intent on playing are The Witcher 3 (frame rate now improved), Fallout 4 (I already own it on PC, it's stunning IMO) and eventually Elite Dangerous.

50 hours is short

I just spent 120 in divinity Original Sin

you guys have ADD

Heh heh, we have either ADD or lives, that's for sure.

I've just added it up now using the companion app and I've spent 845 hours on Destiny since it came out about 18 months ago.

Hmmmm...

239837d1367999354-las-mujeres-que-toman-

Yeah, although I haven't played Destiny for about 6 weeks, for a while there it was all I did in the evenings during the agonisingly slow breakup of my last relationship. She would go to bed at 9pm and I'd stay up and play Destiny with pals. It was the most 'hardcore' I've ever been, and to be fair, I bloody loved it! It felt like an escape from the daily drudge of work, parenthood and dead relationships.

My 'me time', AKA time spent gaming/watching movies I want to watch/listening to music has been more than halved by the woman I'm with now. It was a difficult adjustment to make, I'm not going to lie. Because I'm generally a deeply self-absorbed fellow, AKA selfish. I've actually done bloody well to get Mad Max finished!

No I was still in a relationship then. Or do I misunderstand you? It's certainly true I've never been so dedicated to a title like I was with Destiny, though. It's an MMO, and apparently they can have that effect.

I don't think I want to play Disgaea D2 after the tutorial....I still have Borderlands 2 so I might go with that, I dunno

edit:borderlands 2 it is. I guess I need a shooter to break up this long RPG run

I was at an absolute loss as to what to play next after Mad Max and fired up about 4 different titles to no avail this week. So now I'm currently downloading Kingdoms of Amalur on PC which I nabbed in the Steam sale. I just feel like a Fable sort of RPG. 

Well, it is a fun of it. But yeah, I do the same.

At the moment, I'm playing Uncharted PS4 collection that I got for Christmas. It's really enjoyable.

Karol

I got Battlefront and Witcher 3 for Christmas.  The former is very fun and easy to play, despite its shallowness.  I don't know what kind of staying power it will have in terms of replayability though.  

The latter has been great so far. The backdrop is pretty standard when it comes to fantasy RPGs but the genuinely interesting characters and writing elevate it above the rest.  Plus it looks amazing, from the scenery to the realistic facial animations.  

I've just managed to scratch the surface of The Witcher 3. But yeah, it is quite interesting. What scares me away slightly is how massive this game is and how many hours would it require to complete. A time which I generally don't have.

Karol

I'm 20 hours into Kingdoms of Amalur, which means I must like it. In fact I'm loving it. Why can't all sprawling RPG epics be this streamlined? I've never known such a quick and hassle-free menu/inventory/character management system in this genre as this game has. For once I feel like I can get on with playing the damn thing instead of micromanaging another UI metagame, it's great! 

Again, I'm playing an older game (2012) on PC and ramped up settings plus 60fps make it an absolute pleasure to behold and explore - in these so-called 'next-gen' times. And again; the finest accessory compatibility Windows ever received to date was Xbox 360 controller support. 

No surprise there. The emulation solution they came up with seems to fail in that regard time and time again. And yet the press is constantly banging on about how wonderful it all is. Bullshit, I say. 

On December 29, 2015 at 7:39 PM, Quintus said:

I'm 20 hours into Kingdoms of Amalur, which means I must like it. In fact I'm loving it. Why can't all sprawling RPG epics be this streamlined? I've never known such a quick and hassle-free menu/inventory/character management system in this genre as this game has. For once I feel like I can get on with playing the damn thing instead of micromanaging another UI metagame, it's great! 

Again, I'm playing an older game (2012) on PC and ramped up settings plus 60fps make it an absolute pleasure to behold and explore - in these so-called 'next-gen' times. And again; the finest accessory compatibility Windows ever received to date was Xbox 360 controller support. 

I played a demo of this back on PS3 but it didn't really grab me. Is it open world?

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

I played a demo of this back on PS3 but it didn't really grab me. Is it open world?

It is, but not 'true' open world like Bethesda games are. Basically the world is made up of vast environments with very clear paths, fields and valleys leading from one place to another. Like the Fable series. 

It's a very slow going game for the first few hours, but like a lot of games, once you begin to upgrade your character it gets really good. 

18 minutes ago, Quintus said:

It is, but not 'true' open world like Bethesda games are. Basically the world is made up of vast environments with very clear paths, fields and valleys leading from one place to another. Like the Fable series. 

It's a very slow going game for the first few hours, but like a lot of games, once you begin to upgrade your character it gets really good. 

I'm interested to give it a shot now, having recently read your comments and praise from a couple people I trust when it comes to games. I have it free on PS3 due to a long past PS+ offering, but because of the insane size of my current backlog, I doubt I'll ever get to it. I want to finish up Fallout 4 (60 hours in) before I dive into any other big games. I also had Mad Max as my next target, too.

On 2015-12-30 at 1:03 PM, Quintus said:

yeah, it's one of my favorites. There's 5 continents so I would call is a true open world. It's REALLY long if you do everything, like 200 hours.The crafting system is also very complex

Still playing Borderlands 2. It's pretty addictive and why I haven't been posting much

Yeah I know. Btw, there's a free trial of Destiny on the PSN store if you were ever curious. 

Rumour has it Borderlands is set to borrow back from Destiny and move into the 'shared world' design for its sequel.