What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

Died in the first Dark Souls 3 boss. Will try again later. I'm accidentally pressing the attack buttons from my previous game like wired reflexes . I always have that problem when adapting to a new game

Well, I just made my escape in the jeep and caught up with Sam. 

The most thrilling experience I've had in 35 years of gaming, it was stupendous. And now time for another breather. 

Yes, I know how this all works by now. 

Seriously though, after taking control of that phenomenal action sequence in Uncharted, I feel like I'm the gaming equivalent of Roy Batty right at the end of Blade Runner. I've seen it all!

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Gamers are nothing compared to Trekkies on the nerd scale.

But what can Trekkies do, really? Sit on their ass watching reruns, go to conventions, build models, and glue pieces of rubber to their face. I'm glad to be a video gamer as well as a Trekker. Since finishing TNG over the weekend, we're well into DS9, and she now knows what's going on. 

3 hours ago, Lonnegan said:

Well, I just made my escape in the jeep and caught up with Sam. 

The most thrilling experience I've had in 35 years of gaming, it was stupendous. And now time for another breather. 

Yeah that whole sequence was brilliant. Kinda makes me wish they didn't show off the first half of it for the E3 demo, but I never thought that'd they be able to ramp it up  even more after the bridge jump. I'm taking my time with it, savoring the little details, considering it's the last one. I'm on Chapter 14, will probably finish it on my next day off.

It wasn't really a question. 

I suppose with a new faux movie due in summer, a new show due next winter, and that YouTube show with Grant Imahara on the Web, Star Trek isn't really dead. 

I didn't say it wasn't. I said it wasn't really. 

13 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

When are steam offer sales days?

Googling it it seems the periods have changed over time so i'm not sure...

I think the upcoming summer sale is 23 June to 4 July. 

6 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Yeah that whole sequence was brilliant. Kinda makes me wish they didn't show off the first half of it for the E3 demo

It's true, but merely watching a sequence like that as opposed to playing it yourself does not do its raucously fun player agency justice. 

13 hours ago, Lonnegan said:

Yes, I know how this all works by now. 

Seriously though, after taking control of that phenomenal action sequence in Uncharted, I feel like I'm the gaming equivalent of Roy Batty right at the end of Blade Runner. I've seen it all!

The quote begins: "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe". Sorry, Lonnegan, but you are going to quote "Blade Runner", then you have got to get it right.

WB finally officially announced the HD remasters of the first two Arkham games

July 26.

yeah.. i mean that they may put the regular versions' items much more cheap.

I dont have a ps4 or xboxone. Neither a high end PC if they had released it on PC...

I bought both GOTY versions of those games on the dirt cheap when they were in a Humble Bundle. They work fine on Steam after they ejected the Games for Windows Live crap, or at least I remember them working okay. And they look perfect. I believe these HD remasters are purely for the two new consoles. 

3 minutes ago, Woji said:

I believe these HD remasters are purely for the two new consoles. 

Well, yea!

Already played the versions with better graphics about a year ago via a Humble Bundle for about a fiver. This is a very expensive re-release actually, and purely aimed at idiots. If you have never played them before then it's a little more easy to justify the cash grab it is, but even then I'd tell new players to just pick up the already superb originals for less than half the cost. They're readily available on at least 3 platforms.  

On 17/05/2016 at 7:16 AM, Lonnegan said:

I was having an issue with them myself for the first couples of hours of the campaign, I very nearly commented on it here. But they DO draw back a fair bit after a while, they eventually let the player just get on with playing without constant interruption. Thankfully. I had a similar problem with the last game in this regard. 

Cheers, good to know :) .

16 hours ago, Lonnegan said:

Already played the versions with better graphics about a year ago via a Humble Bundle for about a fiver. This is a very expensive re-release actually, and purely aimed at idiots. If you have never played them before then it's a little more easy to justify the cash grab it is, but even then I'd tell new players to just pick up the already superb originals for less than half the cost. They're readily available on at least 3 platforms.  

I might grab this new set when the price drops to something more reasonable. 

Karol

Finally! My GPU died on me in March, fortunately I had warranty, but it took literally over 2 months to get a replacement card, so I was dead in the water. Took long enough, but just in time for the new Witcher 3 expansion.

Who’s excited?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWCNlXZVsrI

4 hours ago, king mark said:

I lost my Witcher 3 save games when I sent my PS4 for repairs

Oh, that sucks... I play on the PC, so for that you could find saves on the internet even if you lost yours, I don't know if you can do that on a PS4. The new expansion will be played on a fully new area, so maybe you won't even need one.

Have any of you listened to Uncharted 4's soundtrack? Is it any good? Is it up to par with the previous scores? I don't have access to a PS4 right now, so it will be a while before I could play the game. I'm impressed what they did graphically (both technical and art) by the videos I've watched.

11 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

You didn't save them to the cloud?

no, I wasn't online then

Ok so I tried to activate my free one year PS+ voucher I got when I bought the console and it's not valid. I had to call Sony and they're supposed to send me a new code

It's pretty shady of them to put expiration dates on these things

I stored away my xbox360 and PS3 in a closet . I will only unretire them for each individual games. (I have one PS3 game left and a few xbox 360 titles I haven't played and don't plan to buy anymore)

Making progress in Dark Souls 3. It seems easier than the previous ones so far. But I'm taking my time to savour it because it may be the last Dark Souls title

10 hours ago, Lonnegan said:

Uncharted 4's score has been solid and serviceable so far. The action writing isn't as distinctive as Edmondson's, though.

Edmondson's action music was distinctive? 

Jackman's score has a few solid highlights early on, but in the last third of the game there was nothing there that grabbed my attention. Edmonson's scores had flair and color, great melodies and just a general brightness that is no where to be found in A Thief's End. We couldn't even get a proper statement of the theme.

Yeah the main theme seems to pop up like a vague ghostly apparition from time to time, but it almost seems like you're hearing things. 

Where Jackman excels in this instance I think is with the more tonal ambience side of things. His 'mystery unfolding' writing is pretty good. 

i suppose, I need to give it a proper listen away from the game. I do really like the trickling piano theme for Drake and Elena, though I think it might actually just be Drake's theme incredibly slowed down and on piano.

Things have really fallen into place in Uncharted 4's 'Grave Of Henry Avery' level ... perilous climbing/rope-swinging, gunfights, tombs with puzzles to be solved before progress can be made, buddy-buddy banter.

YES.  

Is Uncharted 4's combat less tedious and frustrating than the other games?   The action set pieces are great but the vast majority of the games are dedicated to very samey shoot-and-cover scenarios.

There is less combat in 4 than in the others. But towards the end it does do the typical "game" thing and throw wave after wave of enemies at you.

If you're crap at shooters there's an option in the settings which enables lock-on aiming. I've been told that was mainly added for handicapped players, though.