What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

QTE are somewhat meh for some games... I think it's fine sometimes to immerse you inside a cinematic, but it can also take you out of it as in you dont pay attention to the story told in the cinematic but are frantically pushing buttons and waiting for the next but to push...

I prefer the ones that are only one button but the ones that are push the button until you fill a bar are stupidly innecessary.

1st person shooters should not have them..ever.

Clocked 40 hrs in The Witcher 3 now and I have well and truly gone native in this game. Never have I played a fantasy RPG before with such compelling stories and where I have an idle compulsion to return to these vividly realised medieval places at the next nearest opportunity. When I play RPG games I generally haven't much of a clue of what the plot is about other than good guy has to seek revenge for being wronged and kill the big bad guy, but The Witcher 3 is very different. I'm following it all in great detail, it makes me want to read the books. It's fabulous as games go, that. 

. Again the game crashing ruined it for me but it was a great game otherwise. Too bad I'd have to start over to play the DLC's

I don;t think the in game books are worth reading because they're just random exerpt from the real Witcher books

I've had a crash! A few days ago, it just froze and I sent an error report. I was back on in seconds though thankfully and all is well since. The PS4 version is something like 2.33 now, the developer has to be fair been fantastic in looking after their game well after release.

Far Cry 3 on PC was the worst game I've ever played for crashing. It made me give up. 

Months later I realised it was my fault actually, for running it with an overclocked CPU, which the game didn't like. Oh well. 

7 hours ago, king mark said:

I don;t think the in game books are worth reading because they're just random exerpt from the real Witcher books

I meant the actual novels. I only ever read the in-game lore stuff when it offers a quest or upgrade otherwise I ignore all that stuff and rely on the dialogue itself to tell the story, which the Witcher 3 does superbly. Especially considering the usually rote and stodgy genre it comes under. 

A little taste from the Polish Music Festival’s Witcher 3 concert. Have any of you had the chance to be there in person? For me, it looks awesome and I really loved the game’s music, it’s close to the folk music we grew up with.

I'm sure I speak for others when I say I'd love to hear your thoughts on these games you play, instead of just listing what you're starting and finishing.

It's kind of like how he complained and complained for years that people were talking about new movies and old movies in the same thread, and now that we have two never never talks about any movies he sees anyway

I'll get around to it

It was the second Hyperdimension game I played. It's RPG's that parody the console wars , and each heroine represents a specific console (xbox,playstation...). Over the years I've gotten used to these Japanese games with weird humor so I find them  fun

yeah it is weird and full of "inappropriate" humor and fan service, like all other Atlus/Compile Heart Titles.  Those are games you play alone a 3 A.M with no one looking over your shoulder. Also they are  filler games I play in between big titles. I usually buy them in the discount bin, or in this case , borrowed it free at the library.  I also have Fallout 4 to do but I lent it to someone

Never heard of Tokyo Mirage but it's a Wii game

wow Diablo 3, on top of having an isometric view, has a fixed, non rotating  camera. I hate that. I didn't know games like that still existed in 2016.

3 hours ago, king mark said:

yeah it is weird and full of "inappropriate" humor and fan service, like all other Atlus/Compile Heart Titles.  Those are games you play alone a 3 A.M with no one looking over you shoulder. 

You mean the sort of suspect 'humour' which revolves around scantily clad anime characters which are drawn to look about 12 years old and where the design of the game is built to support player flirtation fantasy?

I wouldn't put it like that, but these games usually have scenes where the female characters get half naked and take baths together, or have long discussions about their boob size

Anyways, you get that kind of stuff even in Final Fantasy, so if it offends you just don't play Japanese games at all

Diablo 3 has a camera and perspective like that because Diablo 1 and 2 did. It makes it feel like it's part of the series, unlike Fallout 3 which, obviously, has little in common with its predecessors' format. And people in 2016 do still love that archaic format. 

8 hours ago, king mark said:

Never heard of Tokyo Mirage but it's a Wii game

Heh, so you're someone who loves JRPGs but isn't interested in Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE because it's a Wii U game.

And I'm someone who loves the Wii U and isn't interested in TMS#FE because it's a JRPG.

I love my Wii U and have loved many JRPGs, but Tokyo Mirage Sessions just seems whack!

I'll play JRPGs that seem like they're aimed at a broader audience (like the Mario & Luigi games or something) but yeah TMS to me just says "I'm for the niche of people obsessed with Japanese culture and games, stay away otherwise!"

You don't have to be obsessed about it to like them. JRPG have cool systems and a unique feel. It's a good change of pace after you've spent a month in Witcher 3 lets say

I don't own a Wii U, but I did end up borrowing a Wii just to play Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story

I'm curious about Persona 5. That comes out on the PS4

2 minutes ago, king mark said:

You don't have to be obsessed about it to like them. JRPG have cool systems and a unique feel. It's a good change of pace after you've spent a month in wither 3 lets say

Oh I know, it's just a prejudice I can't help having sometimes.  I have enjoyed some JRPGs in the past.  I really enjoyed Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold on the 3DS.

One series I've tried and can't stand is Disgaea. I quit after an hour...twice

But I buy the yearly Tales Of and Atelier installments

Bioshock Collection up for pre-order

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HIZF83S

81db14U94jL._SX522_.jpg (522×655)

• Remastered in 1080p.
  • BioShock main game and all single player DLC.
  • BioShock 2 main game and all single player DLC.
  • BioShock Infinite main game and all single player DLC.
  • Director's Commentary: Imagining BioShock, featuring Ken Levine and Shawn Robertson

For PC, only the first two games will be remastered. Sixty bucks for three old games is still a lot, but cheaper than all three originals presently are on Steam. 

I wish Bethesda would remaster Morrowind and Oblivion. There's a big market for it. 

Playdead's Inside

Had no idea the developers behind Limbo had just released their next game, so I booted up the Xbox One and played through. What a fantastic and atmospheric experience. It's very much a spiritual successor with the same feel and gameplay, and art direction. They really added depth to it though by tilting the game world to a slight angle. You still move on a 2D plane but this allows the camera to do some really cool movements instead of being static, and gives you a wider sense of space and scale. It's delightfully ambiguous and disturbing, just like Limbo, while still being able to stand alone. Highly recommended way to spend 3 hours.

15 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

I recommend going in blind, it should be on Steam as well. Have you played Limbo before?

Nope

I really hope Inside comes to PS4. I'm sure it will eventually, but it may not be this year. 

I'm about halfway through Diablo 3 and so far it's a pretty stupid game. It's not a real RPG and seems more like a game like "candy crush" where the only purpose is to get OCD people addicted to the loot system and mindless farming and grinding. I'm surprised this isn't a cell phone mobile game.

The game offers zero challenge. I blast through enemies and bosses take about 10 seconds to kill. I didn't die once in the game and I've never seen my health bar go down since you instantly regenerate your hit points. I even bumped the difficulty setting to "expert" and it makes no difference. The enemies level with you so you are always the same proportional strength as the enemies, like Elder Scrolls Oblivion which I hated for that too

I read that the the game only gets challenging once you beat the main story , reached the level cap, and unlocked the highest difficulty settings . The strict purpose of the game is farming gear

I've played some similar looking games like Dungeon Siege 3 and Sacred 3 but at least those were difficult and you could get stuck at bosses and die a lot