What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

Finished NIOH

Well, turns out it was a lot easier than Dark Souls. It's one of these games where when you level up your skill tree and get good weapons your pretty indestructible. In Dark Souls items, weapons and armor don't mean much, and there are no skill trees, or spells that slow enemies and bosses to a crawl

But they put the hardest boss at the beginning of the game..the one I had trouble with

Now some post game missions

Got a hold of Dishonored 2...so I'll play this in priority

And so something else I ask:

Yesterday I renewed my PS+ membership for a year with a store bought "redeem code" card.When I entered it it said the code was accepted and when I look in my settings it says my membership expires in april 2018, which should be right.

But I find it weird I didn't get a "Thank you for your Purchase" confirmation email. I always get an email when I download or buy something from PSN. I got some free DLC's yesterday and got e-mails for each of them. Maybe it's because I bought the card in a store and not on PSN?

Just got the final mission left to do in Fallout 4 and then I'm done. 66 hours logged, I don't think that's too bad going really for a Bethesda RPG. I've skipped the vast majority of side quests and ignored most of the factions storylines (The Brotherhood of Steel are total jerks anyway) and the entire top right portion of the map remains unexplored. It'll be my first ever completion of a Fallout game. 

5 hours ago, Quintus said:

Just got the final mission left to do in Fallout 4 and then I'm done. 66 hours logged, I don't think that's too bad going really for a Bethesda RPG. I've skipped the vast majority of side quests and ignored most of the factions storylines (The Brotherhood of Steel are total jerks anyway) and the entire top right portion of the map remains unexplored. It'll be my first ever completion of a Fallout game. 

How do you like it? I was in the mood for some Bethesda RPG so I'm heading back into Skyrim. 

It's a good game but I get really bored of these games beyond the 40hr mark and just want to get them finished. I know others absolutely love them though, and rinse them out. But it's all a bit samey to me after a while.  

Dishonored 2 is awesome

But I'm not  good enough to have an all stealth /no kill play through. Anyways what's the point in not killing anyone if you can't use your weapons

Puzzles are really hard, and you can get stuck on some levels for a long time looking  for something. I missed a key to open a door and after 2 hours I gave up and looked where it was in a video. It was right on a small stool in plain view but you could still search for hours

I haven't got the patience for stealth games anymore. I played and finished Dishonoured, it was a quality game but I always thought it was somewhat overrated. It's that compulsive urge to constantly reload checkpoints in the quest to achieve that perfect 'sneak' through every section which artificially lengthens a 10 hour campaign into a 30 hour one. Once I became aware of this design deceit in certain games (basically all stealth titles that aren't Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain) I became decidedly cynical towards them, and now ignore such releases, critical luvvies included. 

I never play games that way, or to get trophies.

I'm just playing like whatever I feel like doing. I *try* not to kill the guards, but if I do I don't care. Half the abilities are to kill anyways so I don't see why you shouldn't use them.

The game itself doesn't even encourage an all stealth/no kill playthrough.

6 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

I remember when that was first announced awhile back. Seems really fun but I've heard that it's got some serious bugs and glitches. 

It has. Possibly almost as many as a new Fallout release. Unlike most players of the Bethesda RPG though, I'll wait a few months till it gets patched a few times before buying, I'm in no mad rush to play this. I wait for patches on most things I have an interest in nowadays, "day one" is for mugs. The paid up beta testers of the gaming world. 

GOG now sells Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas, with all official DLC and expansions. 

https://www.gog.com/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FO3 FONW Oblivion -- EN&utm_content=FO3 FONW Oblivion -- EN+Version+A+CID_042956211c00b638cdc43c2860f9914d&utm_source=newsletter_cm&utm_term=BUY NOW

$10 each through 6 June. I hate double dipping usually but it might be worth it for the first two, which don't work now that GFWL is defunct, and to play New Vegas outside of Steam. The reviews for the all three are favorable and indicate these buggy games might just be stable now on newer Windows 7 and 10 rigs. 

Digimon Next Order is pretty hardcore.

I'm playing on easy or it's impossible .Actually Easy is the original Japanese Normal mode:

http://twinfinite.net/2016/10/digimon-worlds-next-order-western-release-more-difficult-than-japan-version/

This is a game where you have to consult online spreadsheets and takes notes manually on a notepad while playing

I hope you got it cheap, because it's not the greatest FPS rebirth they said it was. Decent campaign on it, some cool ideas. I honestly enjoyed the Infinite Warfare one more though. 

I did buy today Horizon Dawn Zero, because a friend wants to play it and we split the cost. It was 30$ off the regular price

It's currently £25 in Argos here and I've been seriously tempted to pick it up, but I'm still working my way through others in my backlog, I need a break from the open world genre (finished Fallout 4 last week), and my suspicion is Horizon will fall below £20 soon. 

Looks a hell of a lot more fun than 2015's Battlefront.

Also, I'm liking Gordy Haab's adaptations of Phantom Menace and Force Awakens material.

Just now, Not Mr. Big said:

Meh.  Looks like the first game, now with prequel skins.

... with classes (something the previous game didn't have), a campaign (something the previous game didn't have), proper space battles (again, the first game didn't have this). One might argue that this is Battlefield with a Star Wars skin, whereas the previous one was not... and they'd probably be right, and that is actually what Battlefront should have been.

So far Titanfall2 reminds me why I don't like the straight up shooter genre.

Just go forwards in environments with a bunch of invisible walls and shoots stuff on the way

Maybe the levels get better later

Here's Square Enix's livestream

Showing 30 years of Final Fantasy at the moment

Ni No Kuni 2, The Revenant Kingdom .  I just hope it's a  bit more challenging than the first game and there's no sidekick telling you how to solve the quests

Assassin's Creed Origin seems interesting. I'd given up on that series but I might play this one. They are making it more like a RPG.

God of War looks good .Finally full 3D environments  with controllable camera.

And Monster Hunter for the PS4

I gave the original Ni No Kuni a good go, but I just found the random battle encounters got very repetitive very quickly. It was like being constantly interrupted. I was disappointed, because everything else was completely delightful. 

Assassins Creed looks like more of the same to me. What I'm bored of is patrolling AI in stealth games which robotically walks up and down set paths and stands with its back near predetermined 'take down' points. That's a design trope firmly routed in previous generations of games and I'm tired of going through those motions now. AI in stealth games truly needs a new approach, it needs to be more dynamic and unpredictable. On the plus side, at least the setting of this game is the ideal. 

God of War I haven't seen much of, but the one game in that series I have played (GOW3) I did very much enjoy. The fixed camera never bothered me, probably because it never got in the way. 

On 2017-6-13 at 0:37 AM, Koray Savas said:

I still have SOMA sitting on my HD after your recommendation about a year ago. How long is it? 

Probably 10-15 hours. My ideal. It's a game built around its narrative, so it's as long as it needs to be. 

After 6 years I'd rather Bethesda got a move on with a new ES game rather than re-releasing Skyrim. I'm surprised I can't buy it for iOS at this stage. 

4 hours ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

After 6 years I'd rather Bethesda got a move on with a new ES game rather than re-releasing Skyrim. I'm surprised I can't buy it for iOS at this stage. 

You've still got about 3 years until that happens. Fallout 4 was only 2 years ago. 

According to Todd whatshisface, it's not even in development yet. Which is obviously BS, but that's not to say the game is in any fit state to be shown. 

On 11/06/2017 at 10:20 AM, Koray Savas said:

Guarantee there will be a $50 season pass. Free DLC could be anything from one map to an in-game item, or pre-order bonus. 

No season pass was confirmed but there will be microtransactions.

I heard Prequel music in the playthrough, but it sounded like lifts from the OSTs as opposed to unreleased material.

Sony's conference was a bit of a letdown in that it didn't show anything that wasn't already at last year's E3, aside from the VR games and the Shadow of the Colossus remake.

That being said, all the games look fantastic, particularly Spider-Man. Disappointed that there's still no release window for Detroit, but it must be within the next year if they're showing this much footage. Though they did show off Dreams about 5 years ago and that's no where to be found. Media Molecule will be the next first party to get shut down. Surprised that GT Sport wasn't mentioned and still has no release date. It was supposed to come out last December. 

Spider-Man is a right sight more impressive visually than the last console Spider-Man. TASM2 was actually really abysmal.