What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

Anyone else fancying Monster Hunter World at the end of the month? Never played one in my life, but apparently this always online "shared world" reboot of sorts is taking the Destiny 'grind and raid with your mates' approach to gameplay to the point that the game's director has appealed to Destiny players to give the Capcom game a chance. Which I might just do, especially since D2 is going to need another 9 months of development before it finally gets to where it needs to be again.

It's single player as much as Destiny is so long as you don't mind seamlessly walking past other players from time to time, or being aided in a big mini boss fight by them for the loot drop before quietly parting ways. The Division was the same, it's perfectly possible to play this genre solo and without any sort of griefing or interference from other players, if that's what a person prefers.

If you want a traditional offline single player campaign experience though, remove it from your list.

seems you can play alone

http://twinfinite.net/2017/08/monster-hunter-world-single-player/

i guess it's a bit like Dark Souls

ELEX is hard. you really start with nothing and can't do much at the start. Wander slightly and run into an enemy too hard for you and you get killed.  There's no  markers for quest givers and no minimap so you have to remember everything. The map is gigantic.

It's got some bad reviews but a lot of people can't get into Piranah Bites games (Gothic.Risen) .To me they are the most "real" RPG's

I love it of course

They have remarkably involving storylines, a cool fight system (deeper than any other game of its type) and a compact but dense city sandbox to explore. Zero is on my long list ever since playing an earlier entry years ago. 

After a 3-week COD distraction I finally got back to BioShock Infinite and finished it tonight. I still need to play the Burial At Sea DLC episodes, and I also want to go back to the Minerva’s Den DLC from BioShock 2. Such a shame that Irrational Gamea got shut down. Levine and crew were top developers. 

On 1/9/2018 at 2:58 AM, Koray Savas said:

After a 3-week COD distraction I finally got back to BioShock Infinite and finished it tonight. I still need to play the Burial At Sea DLC episodes, and I also want to go back to the Minerva’s Den DLC from BioShock 2. Such a shame that Irrational Gamea got shut down. Levine and crew were top developers. 

I see that game in a current Humble Bundle with none of the expansions. I'm tempted. 

1 hour ago, Woj said:

I see that game in a current Humble Bundle with none of the expansions. I'm tempted. 

Have you played the first two?

I finished the Burial At Sea DLCs and didn’t realize going in that this is sort of the real ending of the franchise. I played Episode 1 back on PS3 but never got around to 2. The story here radically expands upon the ending to Infinite and alters the whole way I perceived it. Did you ever play these, @Quintus ?

Right now I’m making my way through Life Is Strange: Before The Storm. 

I did play a good deal of the first expansion and fully intended at the time to follow it up with the second, but as I recall, I was put off a lot by the stealth heavy gameplay. I don't think Bioshock's systems were ever good enough to really support high quality stealth gameplay, so unfortunately that was were I parted ways with the franchise. 

I remember quite vividly being dazzled by the original ending though. 

17 hours ago, Quintus said:

I did play a good deal of the first expansion and fully intended at the time to follow it up with the second, but as I recall, I was put off a lot by the stealth heavy gameplay. I don't think Bioshock's systems were ever good enough to really support high quality stealth gameplay, so unfortunately that was were I parted ways with the franchise. 

I remember quite vividly being dazzled by the original ending though. 

Episode 1 was more or less your regular gameplay. It’s in Episode 2 where the stealth gameplay is added, but I thought it was fine considering that you don’t play as Booker. And you can just run and gun per usual anyway, if that’s your fancy. Once I stocked up well enough that’s how I continued. I think you should return to it at some point. It ties Rapture and Columbia more intimately than just another “man, city, and lighthouse.”

$12 for the original Infinite is decent, but I might just wait for an inevitable Steam bundle of the entire franchise for $5 because I'm not paying $30 for the two expansions. 

I loved experiencing Rapture during Atlas’ rise to power. There were some thrilling crossover moments from the original game. Also playing as Elizabeth and having a disembodied Booker as your “radio guide” was a nice twist, I thought. 

Why buy the collection anyway? The first two are regularly available for a pittance on PC and the third one isn't much more. Timed right, I bet I could get all three for less than a tenner. There's literally no reason to buy the boxset on PC. Heck, at one time the humble bundle had them. Bioshock for a penny: 

http://blog.humblebundle.com/post/91169765649/bioshock-for-a-penny-plus-more-games-in-the

Lol Koray and his spending. 

I think I saw that Humble Bundle, and at the time I was against the playing any BioShock game. I'm okay going back to that philosophy. I might have more games to spend than I have time to play, and a job that takes too much of my life away from basic needs like gaming, cooking, sex, and showering. 

15 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

You can work a laptop while taking a shit.

And then I set it on the floor to wipe my ass, then I put it back on my desk or table, where I eat. So you want me to place something that's been on the floor of a public restroom onto my table? No wonder you have a debilitating disease. 

15 hours ago, Stefancos said:

That's quite expensive actually.

It isn’t. 

12 hours ago, Quintus said:

Why buy the collection anyway? The first two are regularly available for a pittance on PC and the third one isn't much more. Timed right, I bet I could get all three for less than a tenner. There's literally no reason to buy the boxset on PC. Heck, at one time the humble bundle had them. Bioshock for a penny: 

http://blog.humblebundle.com/post/91169765649/bioshock-for-a-penny-plus-more-games-in-the

Lol Koray and his spending. 

I don’t follow PC prices. He mentioned earlier that just the Infinite expansions were $30 so I don’t know what’s going on over there. 

Nothing newer than a vanilla Wii, unless a gaming laptop from 2017 counts, so I can Fus Roh Dah on the shitter. My wife wants a Switch, but I'm holding out. We don't need another video game system. 

My earliest video games were Commodore 64 games like the one where you build a house or the text-based stuff like Hitchihiker's Guide or Zork.  I don't remember the order of things exactly but I remember Duke Nukem, Commander Keen, Maniac Mansion, King's Quest, Space Quest all coming out as brand new games.

9 hours ago, Quintus said:

You forgot about Dungeon Master 4 years earlier?

That was the first "immerse" gaming experience I had. 

Before that there was Dungeons of Daggorath

this is like Eye of the Beholder, where you rotate 90 degrees to move forward.

Underworld was the first read 3D dungeon