What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

Still ploughing through Borderlands and Dishonored here. The former gets better and better,the latter is beginning to drag. Oh and I'm getting less raped on Battlefield 3 than I used to.

It's all just a going through the motions till Nov 6, though.

Good news, albeit a few days old, for our friends who want to play games on Mac and want to play the kind of games offered by GOG (Good Old Games): GOG now offers Mac support!

http://www.gog.com/n...gogcom_goes_mac

(And no, GOG doesn't offer only games from the cold, dark 1990s. They carry newer games like Witcher 1 and 2.)

• 2 weeks later...

So if you spend $100 on the PSN this month you get $20 to spend in November.

So far I've already spent $42 between Killzone HD, The Unfinished Swan, and Tokyo Jungle. Another $58 will get me that $20 which would net me the next Ratchet game for free.

It's a lot harder to spend that money than I thought it would be. A full-priced game would do it instantly, but I'd rather own something like Dishonored on disc for the same price than have it taking up precious hard drive space on my PS3. I'm fairly certain I don't even have enough space for it right now.

I did some browsing and I could reach it if i get the new DLC for Dark Souls, the story DLC for Mass Effect 3, a costume pack for Tokyo Jungle, and a handful of PS2 Classics, specifically Red Faction, Red Faction II, and Winback.

Problem is, I know I'd probably never play any of those.

I finished Rune Factory :Tides of Destiny

Started:

Risen 2:Dark Waters

I bought it new because it has locked on disk contents. You have to check very carefully before buying game used now

Twenty quid "free" if you spend a hundred?

What a bargain.

Normally I wouldn't bite but since I've already spent $42 I thought I'd go the whole distance. Probably won't even though I want some of those DLCs.

KM I know you don't partake in them but are you getting the Dark Souls one?

Yeah, may as well spend the extra $58 and secure that 20.

Finished Dishonored last week. Excellent game with lots to see and do and a decent little plot, 8/10.

Next up XCOM: Enemy Unknown. And then Haaaaaaaalo! Fucking YES.

I played Skyrim yesterday, for the first time in four months. I beat the Meridia quest where you get the Dawnguard sword for clearing out the temple...but I already had a copy of the sword because of a glitch. Many months ago, I placed an Imperial longsword into the display rack in my Breezehome mansion, and it spat out Dawnguard. I whispered "thank you" and went out about my day.

That's a good glitch. Bad glitch is when I'm at some dwemer ruin in the far northwest corner of the map. I pull the lever and the portcullis drops, but I can't enter the ruin; it's triggered by a quest that I don't have. Ok. I run outside and bring Lydia with me. I push the lever and run inside the gate before it slams shut, locking me inside and Lydia outside. And there is no safety release on the inside; poor level design. Maybe I can now enter the ruin? Nope, the vines are still there, and no amount of fire breath and flame spell and hacking with my two-handed axe puts a scratch in the plants. Then I hear footsteps behind me and see Lydia dancing around. Somehow she either fit through the bars in the gate or she jumped over the wall to land inside the chamber with me. Either way, this kind of logic-defying glitchiness is enough to make me skip the game another four months.

Yeah, may as well spend the extra $58 and secure that 20.

Trust me to find ways to spend money unnecessarily. ;)

Finished Dishonored last week. Excellent game with lots to see and do and a decent little plot, 8/10.

Next up XCOM: Enemy Unknown. And then Haaaaaaaalo! Fucking YES.

I feel like I've mentioned it, but I'll be getting Dishonored when the price drops. Glad to hear it's good though; it looks like a nice mash-up of BioShock and... well, I don't know.

I've been playing Medal Of Honor: Warfighter. IGN trashed it for being the same ol' FPS, yet praises Call Of Duty every year for some reason. It's more or less Battlefield without the expansive maps and vehicles, which is what I didn't like about Battlefield 3. Unfortunately multiplayer looks worse than BF3 on the same engine. There are glitches galore, as if the game can't handle too much at one time. If I slide into prone behind cover while shooting and then try to reload, my gun will fuck up. It'll reload, but delayed a couple seconds and sans the actual animation (the meter will just fill up), and my gun won't fire for a certain period of time, causing me to die in cases in which I could have easily killed a random passerby. Sound will cut out frequently, and bullets won't register through certain objects that clearly have gaps in them... stuff like that. I'm still enjoying it though, and there are a ton of weapons and attachments to unlock. It has a nice cover system, which I honestly think is a first in the FPS genre. Can't recall any other military shooter that implemented one other than running around and ducking behind objects. Here, holding L2 will allow you to peek left, right, and up around cover and corners. Tomahawking isn't a one hit kill unlike the super knives in COD, and the maps are nicely varied. No perks, no insane killstreaks, just good ol' tactical shooting. Graphics are insanely good in the campaign. Cut scenes must have been motion capped, the faces look real.

Black Ops 2 is the only other game I'll be getting this year, unless Assassin's Creed III drops as fast as Revelations did.

BF3 has a Team Deathmatch mode Koray with LOADS of much smaller, vehicle-free maps. I play it a LOT, friggin' love it. It's hard, though.

Dishonored is definitely Bioshock meets Assassins Creed meets Thief.

KM I know you don't partake in them but are you getting the Dark Souls one?

Maybe. I lent the game to someone though. I also played the main game last year so will probably be too rusty to beat the new bosses

Yeah but that map pack costs $15, and I always found BF3 to be a bit sluggish. Rage is the only shooter I've played that was able to match the smooth accuracy of COD. Guess it's all in the frames-per-second.

You are referring to the Close Quarters Map Pack DLC. I rarely play on them. In BF3, every single map in the game has a shrunken down version which is used for Team Deathmatch. They basically just cut a little section out of the large Conquest maps, the part with the most 'busy' terrain and it works perfectly. Of course, it's a very hard game, though. Won't appeal to everyone.

Yeah, I play BF3 PC alone. Next week though my friends, brother and I shall congregate around Halo 4. Some will be returning from BF3 Xbox, some from CoD and others from Gears of War. It's our ritual.

Oh and there are no vehicles in Team Deathmatch. I think you're possibly confusing it with Squad TD, which does have a single vehicle for teams to fight over, but on much larger maps than those in infantry TD.

This is on my to-get list, but I wouldn't get to it for awhile. I think I'd like to play one of the Hitman games first.

Oh and there are no vehicles in Team Deathmatch. I think you're possibly confusing it with Squad TD, which does have a single vehicle for teams to fight over, but on much larger maps than those in infantry TD.

Or maybe I just played Conquest or whatever that bomb planting one was. It was about a year ago so I can't remember fully. I did play through the co-op missions though with a friend just a week ago. He needed help getting some trophies and I'd get them as well so I thought why not. We still were never able to do the one in which you have to rescue the hostages without being spotted. The delays in the mic make sniping the targets at the same time quite difficult. We adapted pretty well to it and got all the way to the end, but somehow one of us always messes up. Played that fucking thing 30+ times.

Good lord Assassin's Creed III looks breathtaking. I'm tempted to pick it up before the price drops. Looks like they made the final one the best one, though that was what I always expected considering each one was better than the last.

I also forgot about Need For Speed: Most Wanted. I don't understand why EA abandoned the Burnout series. That one was always more about the arcade style racing and crashing, with NFS more about outgunning cops and beating times. Seems like they just combined them and Criterion is working under the Need For Speed banner. It looks fantastic all the same, but Burnout is where it all started for me and I'd like that name to live on.

Hopefully these two get considerable drops for Black Friday.

I'm undecided which to get between that and Forza. Both will be brilliant, but I only want one racer. Probably wait till Christmas anyway because I'm strapped for cash at the mo.

I never thought I'd see better console fps graphics this gen than Killzone 3, but fuck me 343 Industries did it. Some how, Halo 4 looks as good as Killzone 3 - but instead of tiny, rigidly scripted corridor missions with no physics and lots of smoke and mirrors rudely interrupted every five minutes by annoying cut scenes - Halo 4 offers large expansive sandboxes rich in emergence and crazy silly physics flying past your head every left right and centre. How they've managed to build such wide open game spaces, packed full of strategic and unpredictable opportunities with such high fidelity is fucking witchcraft. I'm only half way through the campaign so it's too early to say anything lasting about the game itself (so far it's been brilliant), but on a purely technical level this is by far the most impressive console game I've ever seen. The imminent Digital Foundry article on it will be essential reading in that regard.

I don't know what's wrong with me. I've actually been sleeping for the past 2 weeks, robbing me of my insomnia time to play videogame

Really must progress into risen 2 though

Can't believe Black Ops 2 is already out on Tuesday. I need a longer gap to enjoy other games :P

I've been playing MOH Warfighter like crazy to take advantage of its active servers because y'know it's going to be dead by the end of the year. Haven't even bothered touching the campaign since day one because I know I can do all that later during the Summer downtime. I also predict COD will absorb most of my limited playtime.

Got shit reviews that one. Just another CoD clone.

mouse look is atrocious... i cannot aim correctly and since there are no graphic options... i cannot try if diminishing video quality would improve that...

Got shit reviews that one. Just another CoD clone.

I feel like I've discussed this with you before, but it's the opposite. Call Of Duty is what Goldeneye would have been if it were made today. It got shit reviews, but so did Goldeneye Reloaded, but they're really nothing other than throwaway fun. Not serious gaming. I'll pick up both when they reach <$20. I've bought every Bond game since that classic on N64.

Halo 4 campaign: 9/10

Thank you 343i. You did good.

I heard the soundtrack was great.

Pales next to O'Donnell's originals, but not completely without its own highlights, thankfully. It could have easily been much worse.