What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

I played the demo for Telltale's Back To The Future. I definitely think it'll live up to the hype for it. I'm going to see if I can buy it when I get paid March 2nd.

Edit: Did they reuse music from the games or is it new music?

the jurassic park game looks interesting.

I hope the graphics improve a little...

And they used the T-Rex roar from dino crisis...which is similar but pales in comparison with the films'

I film sounds are used, as well as music from williams or based in his work. orchestral if possible.

oh I thought I was about halfway through the game

I guess my cool 4X exploding shotgun will become obsolete pretty fast

4X? Lol, a peashooter.

What colour is the gun, btw? Do you know about the gun colours?

A very handy rarity guide: http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons

yeah. I've been using the same shotgun for most of the game until now, but I finally found a decent machine gun. Anyways been playing almost non stop for a few days. Beat Grom last night...not sure how far I am in the game

Maybe I should have sprung for the Game of the Year Edition. I'd say I like it equally to Fallout 3,maybe a bit more .Technically it's much better...frame rate never slows down,no bugs,no crashes

I got an Assault Riffle with 150 damage last night , but I assume those "level 50" 300 damage ones are for the DLC. I'm level 29 now and did all the New Haven related quests so far

I only found 1 shield with "high health regeneration" in a week of playing

Well I finished all of Borderlands. I'd keep playing but I don't have the add on packs

Tee GOTY edition is still expensive and I wouldn't have played it at all if I hadn't found the original for 15$

Killzone 3

My god it's a gigantic breath of fresh air after playing the derivative COD for so long. To my surprise, I was actually good online. Going 15-0 in a game only to die right at the end. The controls are a little tighter, but you still get that feel that you're an actual person holding a gun.

The campaign on the other hand, is not as good as I was expecting. IGN said it was the worst part of the game. Right from the start I found it laughable. The opening cutscene is a good 6-8 minutes of a giant vehicular chase and the whole time I was thinking, "Why am I NOT playing this?" It would have been an excellent opener, but you get some hilariously bad dialogue and events and start off on the ground.

Killzone 3

My god it's a gigantic breath of fresh air after playing the derivative COD for so long. To my surprise, I was actually good online. Going 15-0 in a game only to die right at the end. The controls are a little tighter, but you still get that feel that you're an actual person holding a gun.

The campaign on the other hand, is not as good as I was expecting. IGN said it was the worst part of the game. Right from the start I found it laughable. The opening cutscene is a good 6-8 minutes of a giant vehicular chase and the whole time I was thinking, "Why am I NOT playing this?" It would have been an excellent opener, but you get some hilariously bad dialogue and events and start off on the ground.

If memory serves me right Killzone 2's opening was similar. Maybe not as long though.

I'm still on the fence about getting Killzone 3.

It's definitely worth it, but I got paid to get it (thanks to Amazon). The campaign is getting better, and I've realized that Ray Winstone and Malcolm McDowell are voices, so that's kinda cool. Multiplayer is superb.

I also got the Move shooter attachment, will try it out sometime later.

I'm getting it mainly for the multiplayer.

The campaign looks the part, but judging from my demo playthrough; it's still largely reliant on smoke and mirrors a la CoD. Much better looking, though.

But still, Guerrilla have shown once again that they are no Dice, or Bungie, or Valve.

Is it still not out on PS3?!

My CoD addicted friend downloaded it ages ago for Xbox; although he's since uninstalled it - he said the maps were rubbish.

Ya because of Microsoft's partnership with Treyarch, they paid a lot of money so their X-Box users got it a month in advance before everyone else. I'm ready for the new ones these old ones are driving me nuts.

Yep, the same ol' stupid shit. Same thing happened again with Fallout. The Dead Money add-on just came out yesterday, fortunately all subsequent add-ons will be released for both systems simultaneously.

I'm done with Call Of Duty. If I need a break from Killzone, I still have Dead Space 2 to go through, as well as LittleBigPlanet 2 which I didn't play very much. At this time I can say I won't be getting the next one, and will be looking at Battlefield 3 instead.

Yep, the same ol' stupid shit. Same thing happened again with Fallout. The Dead Money add-on just came out yesterday, fortunately all subsequent add-ons will be released for both systems simultaneously.

Both? Not all three?

I still haven't installed New Vegas. I'm actually itching to dust off Ultima 7.

Both? Not all three?

I kinda lump PC and Xbox into one because they're both Microsoft.

A partially valid oversimplification, since they don't produce big-budget games for Macintosh or Linux operating systems, which also run on "personal computers."

But the pool of games for XBox and Windows machines are not one and the same.

My biggest hangup with F:NV is Steam. I hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it........hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it.

I ditched pc gaming years ago. Prefer the comfort of my sofa and cross-game party chat with the lads. One or two will be on CoD whilst a couple of us will be on Halo; we don't talk tactics, we just talk shit.

I'm not a big fan of multiplayer games, at least not the popular ones. Besides, I prefer all the tactics that multiplayer gamers frown upon. I camp, I turtle, I wait until I can tank/Zerg rush, I reload saved games if I used two bullets when I think one was sufficient, and I make sure I get all the good treasures and power-ups before moving on.

How do you rate it compared to Mass Effect 1?

I did the first few missions and I don't feel the vibe of it yet. There seem to be little sidequests to do, the combat is clunky. Your basically pointed in one direction and have to do it in a linear manner. The leveling up system is weird as you can't see what's beyond the basic abilities so I'm not sure what to spend my points on. Shopping for gear seems kind of useless.

It is very different. In most gameplay aspects I actually give the edge to ME1. I think ME2 is a bit too streamlined in inventory and character growth. Shopping for gear is important though, but unlike the first game you're just purchasing upgrades. Kind of like FFXIII, but with even fewer weapon choices. And it is important to get them. Exploration and side quests aren't as satisfying either, even with ME1's problems with the Mako and repetitive environments.

ME2's big edge is a much deeper and better story, even though you don't get involved with overall galactic affairs as much, you stay pretty insular to your mission and team. And character/team interaction is just as good as the first.

has anyone else tried out the Dragon's Age 2 demo? Have to say I wasn't impressed. Plus, the whole every woman you meet lusts after you is wearing really thin. It's time rpg games grew up. It's rather pathetic that developers still seem to believe that gamers are convinced by that shit.

I actually just played the demo a couple hours ago. Hated it. I, too, noticed how insanely large the women's breasts were. Whenever I see that I just think about IGN's article on women in gaming and how they need to stop being sex objects and start becoming real characters.

It's definitely not my type of RPG. 90% of the demo was me hitting the X button. Booooring. Hack and slash gaming with an infinite horde of enemies.

Now this on the other hand, is fucking orgasmic...

I actually just played the demo a couple hours ago. Hated it. I, too, noticed how insanely large the women's breasts were.

Funnily enough, I found that rack to be a redeeming feature. Probably the greatest set of digital tits I've ever seen.

It's definitely not my type of RPG. 90% of the demo was me hitting the X button.

Word is the combat it excellent, once you get into it. I can imagine it to be, too.

I actually just played the demo a couple hours ago. Hated it. I, too, noticed how insanely large the women's breasts were.

Funnily enough, I found that rack to be a redeeming feature. Probably the greatest set of digital tits I've ever seen.

They were bigger than DD!

ok well I'm further into Mass Effect 2 and getting hooked. I'm at the part where I get to Ashley

I had the Borderlands control scheme imprinted when I started the game and it took a while to get rolling with this one

I've played through a good chunk of the Dragon Age II demo, and I have to say I love it. Combat is MUCH improved, it's more dynamic and responsive, and just plain more fun. Bring on the full game!

Played Bulletstorm and Killzone 3 (multiplayer) yesterday.

Brilliant and brilliant.

The first is a tightly designed breath of fresh air with MINDBOGGLING setpieces aplenty. The most fun I've had with an fps in ages, more like this please. The latter took a lot more effort to get into (a given for multiplayer), but you know that feeing when an online game begins to click and one starts killing more than dying? Killzone 3 feels like it has bags of potential and it absolutely is the nicest looking online fps currently on the market. It's quite hardcore, too - which should hopefully keep 60% of the CoD crowd well away (chavs, dads and uncles).

Combat is MUCH improved, it's more dynamic and responsive, and just plain more fun. Bring on the full game!

I've heard different reports, saying the combat has switched much from tactics to "action". The reason why I never played the game was that the console versions supposedly were pretty much there already in the first one, and I never could get my hands on a "test copy" of the PC version to see if I could get it running in Linux.

It's well-known by now that I consider action-based/character-centric combat systems the death of Great Role Playing Games.

It's quite hardcore, too - which should hopefully keep 60% of the CoD crowd well away (chavs, dads and uncles).

My favorite part of the game. The first time I went online, it was sublime. No 800,000 screaming 12-year olds telling me to go suck a cock and cheap killing me with grenade launchers and AK74u's. There people, sounding over the age of 18, actually talking about the game itself. Nice breath of fresh air.

Is there a way to get cash from mining? All I got was resources. By doing all the sidequests I had more than enough money and raw materials to get everything in the game, probably didn't even mine half the minerals that were out there.

It been a while so I'm hazy on it, but don't the mined resources translate into both weaponry and ship upgrades?

I spent a LOT of time mining, so there must have been a good reason why; besides the fact that I found it strangely hypnotic.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken.

Oh yeah, they do, they way you had said it earlier I thought you meant that you got money too, but you can't. Yeah, just upgrades. And it is an addicting mini-game. I'd find myself mining a lot even when I didn't need to.