What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

Finished The First Templar. Short game 15 hours. Not as bad as the reviews say. I learned a bit of history of the Templar Knights

Tomorrow I get Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen and spend the next month in that game

Dragon's Dogma is fucking cool

It's like they took all my favorite games and rolled it into one.

I played a few hours and I'm already obsessing over which class and character build I want to do. I started as an archer but may start over as a mage to check it out because mages look way cool too.

It's hard because the dodge/roll ability is limited to certain types of characters and I really want it as I use it constantly in other games

Dragon's Dogma keeps getting more awesome. It's one of the few games in a while where I need to force myself to put down the controller and I can't wait to play again.

I actually like that fast travel is a bit more limited than other games. It forces you to prepare for a journey and look at landmarks to find your way instead of relying on auto travel

The combat system just blows Skyrim away

I beat Tomb Raider the other day and am going back to Assassin's Creed III. About 3-4 hours in I finally became the main character and the world opened up for my exploring. This game is HUGE. It's almost too much for me to invest in right now with all the other games I still have to play. I think I'm just going to blow through the main quest.

What keeps me coming back to this series is the superb realization of cities and landscapes. The Turkish bazaar and cities in Revelations were magnificent, and Boston here is just as brimming with life and detail. Ship sailing and battles are fun as hell. Looks like Black Flag is moving towards complete pirate territory.

Did they ever patch the horrid screen tear out of that one? I enjoyed the demo, but that issue put me right off.

Also a heads up: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-01-dragons-dogma-title-update-may-corrupt-your-save-capcom-warns

Graphics look good to me.

I dunno about that corrupt save game patch thing. I installed it a week ago and I can't find if that patch went live after that

New Call Of Duty game called "Ghosts" coming November 5, 2013.

Teaser trailer

I haven't been really excited for a Call of Duty game in quite some time. I think the series has started to burn itself out.

• 2 weeks later...

Dragon's Dogma keeps getting better when you get to the expansion Dark Arisen

Even if your over-leveled to beat the main game, things get pretty rough. Mini boss monsters can one hit kill you, and you have to explored well prepared

Usually this is the stage in the game where "healing items" become useless because you characters become so strong, but here it's the opposite. In the main game I hardly used them ,now your scrambling for resources all the time. It's also little things like not forgetting to have enough oil for your lantern...I ran out 2 hours deep into a dungeon and had to face the boss in almost darkness. I also didn't bring a healer so I had to kill monters to get the meat and heal my party .It feels a lot more of a survival game than other RPG's

It's almost like Dark Souls but with a party

Now they need to make Dragon's Dogma 2 with a world as big as Skyrim and it will be the ultimate RPG. I think this franchise has a very bright future

And judging by what I've seen of it, I'll be buying the PlayStation instead. I have no interest whatsoever in changing tv channel with my voice.

Do you have to be always online to play single player games ? I can't find the info

That's my main dealbreaker

oh i see they blew it. Well I'll be buying a PS4

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-discs-linked-to-user-accounts-additional-fee-for-used-games/

Well I do connect to the internet always once to download the patches before I start a game, so that wouldn't be a huge deal. As long as I don't have to keep the console connected . It's the "always online" a la Diablo 3 I'm still looking for

I do not care whatsoever about the entertainement services, Kinect, Facebook and enhancing my TV box features though

So here it is

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109

This means I'm 100% sure not getting Xboxone and getting PS4

Also, have you read that article since it was updated? What a fucking farce! Microsoft have utterly blown it. This is an incredible situation, really.

So they spent most on the unveil telling us how you can change TV channels with your voice and hand gestures and shit like that

I'm kind of depressed. I really wanted it to be better than this.

i hope it fail miserably and the CoD/FIFA/Madden players aren't enough to keep this thing afloat. Microsoft is gambling that the gamers that play mostly single player games wont matter in the equation. I hope they're wrong

The only thing I'm sad about is the fact that Xbox was at one time the rude upstart machine for the hardcore gamer, the powerful and cool alternative to other established systems. And that Halo has effectively been made off-limits for me. The upside is I've moved over to Battlefield for my online needs, and well, BF4 will be incredible.

Other than that MS can do what the hell they like. I don't buy their stuff.

Did anyone see the new CoD? It has realistic dogs, arm hair and fish that move out of your way when you swim near them. Lol. Seriously though, I was playing better looking games on PC last year. Not that any of that will matter to the trillions who will buy it, naturally.

it is a fucking disaster. I haven't read one positive user comment on various gaming sites about the new xbox yet .Nobody seems excited about it and most vow not to buy it already and get a PS4 .Even WiiU sales have shot up in the past few days

http://www.gamespot.com/features/xbox-one-microsoft-talks-used-games-always-on-6408725/?tag=Topslot;Slot1

i think Microsoft thinks gamers are going to buy it no matter how much they try to screw you over just to play Halo and Call of Duty, like Apple fanboys line up whenever a new ipad comes out

It'll probably win back a few loyalists at E3 when they delve more into their game line-up. Though I can't help thinking that with 15 exclusive titles being released in the first year, that half of those will probably be Live Arcade and Kinect games. 15 in a year is a lot, even for Sony standards.

My Xbox Live subscription is up for renewal next month and I won't be continuing it. I won't be using their service after November, let alone another full year. Microsoft have lost me on this and I'm already keen to get the PS4 (mainly just so I can play BF4 on it, but obviously there'll be more games later on).

On another note I've read a few interviews with Phil Spencer over the last few days and I can't fucking stand these Americans who start every fucking answer to a question with "So...", It's friggin' annoying and really stupid. Who does that?? The fact that Spencer is a Brit makes it even more cretinous!

I'm already prepared to make the full switch to PS4 this Winter. The biggest dilemma for me is whether to get GTA V for PS3 or wait to see if they port it over. I know I'll be getting the likes of Assassin's Creed IV and Call Of Duty: Ghosts for the next-gen.

GTA 5 on the current gen console hardware wouldn't even be a consideration for me. Better to wait for the rumoured next gen port, I'd suggest. As for myself I'll probably get it for PC, if only for the rock solid frame rate. I'm in no mad hurry to play it though and in fact I'll be trying before I buy to see if Rockstar have FINALLY overcome their historical issues with shitty third person controls and horrible input lag. That's a deal breaker for me.

So have they announced that GTA5 will in fact be ported to PC? PC Gamer follows the game closely as if it will, but I stopped checking their page religiously. If I missed an announcement, then it's on me. I was disappointed that Red Dead Redemption was never ported.

See what did I tell you all these years. Call of Duty is the beginning of the end for developing good games. People that play iphone finger games on the bus should go straight to hell.

Now Microsoft is aiming directly at those sheep that will accept any form of restrictive DRM to sell all it's crappy consoles

There is so much hubris coming out of Microsoft right now it is astounding. It will come back to bite them and already has. Sony was in a similar predicament in 2006 with the launch of PS3 and they learned their lesson. The great philosophy they have in making the PS4 suggests as much. They're focusing on the developers while Microsoft is pandering to the publishers.

yeah I remember Sony trying to even DRM lock MP3's on their MP3 players. They have somewhat improved recently