What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

Finished Dead Island

wow it took me almost month to complete it. I didn't have marathon sessions on this one, no wonder it felt like I started it ages ago

now probably Dishonored after a few days break

yes, it was fun

I even liked the Ryder White campain because you had to use guns instead of melee weapons...made it different. And it was harder than the main game

Did you not find guns in the second half of the campaign? I had rifles and shotguns.

Also, I imagine you're probably considering the sequel at some point. I've played a good few hours of it. But just know it's exactly the same as the first game, just with different environments. That might be okay with you, and while I do quite enjoy it, it does feel a bit lazy and samey.

Hmm, in the main game I mostly used melee weapons until the end (except for bandits). I only upgraded one pistol in the whole game

As for the sequel, I think I've had enough of the first game

You'll possibly feel like returning to its world in the future, as I did after a year or so. But the reviews which criticised it's laziness were right. Even then though it's still fun in its own right. But yeah, you've probably seen it all before.

I think on consoles the frame rate was actually worse in the sequel. On PC it's pretty damn stunning actually. The Chrome Engine is just too much for 512mb of console ram.

Reading reviews people are saying zombies spawn randomly in areas that you've already cleared. One person saying that one literally spawned in front of him as he was running. Was this a prevalent issue with you? That sounds like a huge buying decision for me. One dude also said the game isn't catered for solo campaign and that the amount of zombies don't change, leaving you overwhelmed.

There's not single launch game of the new consoles I really want, now that I looked more closely

FIFA, Madden, CoD, Forza...yeech. Only sports, shooters and racing games

Guess my Ps3/xbox360 will be good for awhile

You skipped all the good ones. I think my launch day total amassed to something like $1,300.

PS4 Watch Dogs bundle + DualShock 4 + Camera + COD: Ghosts + Battlefield 4 + Killzone: Shadow Fall + Knack

Standard PS4 console

If I skip the second system it'd be a little bit under $900 I think. Everything is sold out again though, so if the consoles are still worth a bunch come launch date, I'll sell off the second PS4 and make all my money back.

I'll wait for Assassin's Creed IV to drop in price, and it's not like I'll have time to play any of the ones I already pre-ordered. I was going to wait for Knack to drop too but they are really mostly shooters so I decided to get something to even it out. I'll get DriveClub on PS+.

ok, Microsoft made me freak out again with an updated security code...

Asks me to go check my email for it...on a DIFFERENT EMAIL than what my account is!! (lucky I had to create a second email for some shit Microsoft pulled earlier when I had to create a second xbox live account to redeem my points cards, otherwise I'd have NO second email)

BUT it implies I have to take the internet cable out of my 360 and back to my PC, then when I came back I lost my xboxlive session and it didn't work

They seem to not think of these things and assume EVERYONE has a router with multiple connections or a cell phone. I was about to throw the friggen controller at my TV

It worked the second time when I tried with the phone number option , but I feel I almost locked myself out of my account permanently, or having to go through a great deal of hassle to get it back

Haven't really a clue what you're taking about here but I assume it's security measures to protect your account from being stolen.

I'm afraid if you're going to play video games in this digital era you MUST have a good memory for passwords and access to the internet via any number of connected devices. I personally don't think these prerequisites are unreasonable.

It can be a nuisance sometimes, but if it ensures the safety of my account I'm okay with it.

no, my modem has one connection only

If I want to send my internet it to multiple devices I need a router

The point is they made the security update in a way that you can get screwed by your hardware and very unfriendly to users, including very poor explanations on the xbox dashboard

Anyways I installed Borderlands 2 and Dishonored...what should I play first? Which takes longer to finish?

BTW when I failed to redeem a MS points card last year on my original xboxlive account, you'd EXPECT they give you a message to tell you what to do , such as : Account is not registered to the correct country, please create a second account with the correct country and try again

nope, nothing, just a code fail message and no explanation

I thought the MS points card was defective and was about to return it to the store. It took me a day of reading online message boards to figure it out that I had to make a new account to Canada ( Accounts default to US if you don't find the hidden menu during the account creation)

Borderlands 2 is 5X the size of Dishonored. Both are very good, but I only finished the latter. Which is ironic considering I preferred the former.

My modem is the one they installed in 2005. Only one jack behind it and can only be connected to one device at a time

I could upgrade it but I never bothered

It's partly laziness but also that I won't want to set up a wireless home network that you need passwords to access and are easier to hack into (I saw too many news reports of criminals driving by people's homes and hacking into their wireless home network to commit identity theft or steal financial info).

And it doesn't excuse Microsoft to assume everyone can be connected to the internet from at least 2 devices at the same time , AND have 2 functional e-mail addresses set up for their shitty update (we'll send you the security code by email now!---to a different e-mail than your regular one!). I hate being caught off guard like this and literally didn't know what to do. If you screw up the security update they probably lock your account

And some people on this MB are still on Dial-Up

I am very minimalist when it comes to the internet, and the least complicated I can keep it the better. I've used the same email for the past 10 years, why would I need a second one that I'd forget to check anyways ? . I also don't have a device for mobile internet access.

I also don' t create accounts to websites unless I really have to. This is the place where you'll probably see the most of me, and a few other hobby message boards

The whole computer industry is moving, or has moved towards wireless, portable, etc...

Just have one "serious" email adress, and one set up for registering account etc...

You can't blame microsoft for the fact that your modem has a single port as much as you cant blame TV stations not offering Full HD via an antenna on your roof!

I'll only buy a tablet when I have no other choice

I MIGHT buy a router to set up the PS4 though...next year

You can't blame microsoft for the fact that your modem has a single port as much as you cant blame TV stations not offering Full HD via an antenna on your roof!

It's not the same thing.

HDTV requires a basic set up to work properly, it's an all or nothing proposition, at least here.

I have the basic set up for the xbox360 to work online, but suddenly it asked me to have extra hardware and accounts I did not readily have for a security check

If I turned on my HDTV , and suddenly it asked me to enter a code to watch a show they will send to my cell phone, and I did not own a cell phone, then the situation would be similar

and the whole outrage over the xboxone was that a gaming console shouldn't need to be connected at all to work

Oh for single player games I fully agree.

And yet we are slowly creeping towards the "hive society", where everyone is connected to each other, all the time, and everything we do will be known.

We all know this is happening, yet no one seems to want to stop it.

And yet we are slowly creeping towards the "hive society", where everyone is connected to each other, all the time, and everything we do will be known.

We all know this is happening, yet no one seems to want to stop it.

I do what I can to stop it in my individual way

That's why I don't have Facebook, Twitter...ect...

To me the benefits of a Facebook account it not worth the hassles of maintaining it properly or the risk of having it hacked (with potentially disastrous consequences). Not to mention the govt. is now spying on you

There's plenty of public old school message boards online to discuss your favorite hobbies

nobody will ever give a shit about what I post here