What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

That's the unique aspect of an Elder Scrolls RPG: you gain experience in a skill by using it. Want to improve your unarmed skill? Take off your armor and head off into battle. I often find myself gaining experience after stashing my armor someplace while I load my inventory with junk on the way to sell it, and then find myself in an unexpected fight without more than an exquisite shirt.

Too bad you can't improve your spell skills by just shooting fireballs into space.

You have to be in battle or hit something

I just gained a level in JWfandom and picked this perk

Scrounger: Find a bit more unreleased music in secret threads

My Nord is a double-handed sword wielding destruction master archer extraordinaire one-man-army. In this season's latest glass armour colours and accessories. Handsome, too.

The problem is the game might be too easy now and I barely started any of the real game quests. "Incinerate" just wipes out everything . I also ditched my companion since she kept getting killed . Only needed to carry extra stuff but I need less money now.

I'm still using the Glass Armor with 4 X 23% Reduce Destruction Cost enchantments. It's better than using the robes with magic regeneration. I cast the most powerful Destruction spells and my mana bar never goes below 80% full in fights

At least Dark Souls stayed very hard until the end, no matter how high level you are (leveling only made it you died a bit less)

Yeah I feel a bit too beastly most of the time as well. Sometimes though I'll get in over my head in a new area and before you know it I'm shouting run away! But yeah, most of the time I feel like Conan the Librarian, which doesn't seem to get old.

I kept Lydia as a companion for ages, kitted her out with some badass gear, but in the end I was convinced she was robbing me of XP so I binned her off. Besides, I was getting tired of cycling through the masses of junk I'd collected. Now I'm ruthless with my inventory and travel as light and unladen as possible. I don't bother making potions either, apart from Blacksmith ones.

I was just spending far too long at an alchemy table and not enough time actually playing the damn game so I just decided to ignore them altogether. Love improving weaponry, though.

Hey have you heard of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning? Made by those ex-Oblivion devs who broke off to make their own game; it's an rpg in the vein of Skyrim but with aesthetics somewhere in between that game and Fable. I played the demo, it's gorgeous and brilliant. The screenshots do not do it justice; the game is super polished and handles beautifully. I didn't think I'd want to face another role-player after Skyrim, but after trying it out I actually can't wait to get my hands on it. Did not see that coming at all.

The remastered versions have the option to play in classic mode, so those are definitely the best.

Back to Skyrim, that God-like feeling is the reason I play Bethesda's RPGs. I remember the first time I fought a dragon, a giant, a bear, etc. It was a rough battle that required a lot of "Run away!" as Quint said. But after putting in so many hours of gameplay, it's only right that you get to destroy everything at your whim. My companion is J'zargo from the College of Winterhold. I decked him out in my old Dragon armor and crafted new ones for me. He still dies a lot, which pisses me off. But I do a lot of inventory stuff, sometimes spending up to an hour simply clearing out the stuff I'm carrying, the stuff he's carrying, the stuff in my house, enchanting specific items, and improving others. Takes a bit of time, but you get rich as hell, and I'm trying to get that trophy that requires you to have $150,000 gold. Right now I'm around $45,000.

I bought Dead Island since Amazon had it for $25 as a gold box deal. Pretty crappy, but everyone says the first hour in the resort is the worst part of the game. I probably won't play it again for awhile, especially since I'm looking to snag a copy of the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls.

I'm busting out Star Trek: 25th Anniversary and Star Trek: Judgement Rites to play this coming weekend.

Judgement Rites is my favorite video game of all time.

I'm almost done with Skyrim, and by done I mean trophy wise. Just need to reach Level 50, learn 20 shouts, and collect 15 daedric artifacts. After that I'll have done all the main quest lines, and will only have miscellaneous and other random side quests active.

I bought Dark Souls off eBay a couple days ago, so I should have that soon. Let's see how it goes :eh:

Well if you had the patience to finish Skyrim you can do Dark Souls (which is IMO a better game overall) . I'm 70 hours in Skyrim and feel like I've barely scratched the surface. I did the Yarasmor tomb quest yesterday and it was one of the first big sidequests I completed. I'm going to focus ONLY on quests now

I also boosted the dificulty to Expert since I was too powerful. Now I can die if I'm not planning too carefully, especially agaist enemy wizards.

Game of the Year? Without question Portal 2 for me. Batman: Arkham City was also very good.

I got Final Fantasy XIII-2 on release day and have been enjoying it immensely. Course I was one of the apparent few that loved the original too.

I got Final Fantasy XIII-2 on release day and have been enjoying it immensely. Course I was one of the apparent few that loved the original too.

I liked it a lot. so after Skyrim I'll be doing FF13-2

Game of the Year? Without question Portal 2 for me. Batman: Arkham City was also very good.

We are aligned.

There were some fantastic games last year, but damn; Portal 2 was just in an entirely different class to everything else.

Who are you? ;)

Well if you had the patience to finish Skyrim you can do Dark Souls (which is IMO a better game overall) . I'm 70 hours in Skyrim and feel like I've barely scratched the surface. I did the Yarasmor tomb quest yesterday and it was one of the first big sidequests I completed. I'm going to focus ONLY on quests now

I also boosted the dificulty to Expert since I was too powerful. Now I can die if I'm not planning too carefully, especially agaist enemy wizards.

Skyrim doesn't require patience. What I can't handle is grinding and dying over and over. That wasn't an issue in Skyrim, it's just a realllllly long game.

As for game of the year, I can't pick just one but the 5 I picked for best score in the JWFan awards thread are deserving of the title.

Catherine

Infamous 2

Portal 2

Skyrim

Uncharted 3

Infamous 2 is a game I forgot about! I still have the original installed on my ps3, unplayed. Thanks for reminding me :)

I agree with your Dark Souls angle, btw. I really want to play the damn thing, but I can do without the headache. My patience ain't what it used to be,

I found the first game to be rather average honestly, but I liked it enough to play through it twice when I was tired of whatever I was originally playing at the time. The sequel I was completely enthralled with. I think I platinum-ed it in like 7 days. I just couldn't get enough of it. The graphics were awesome, the gameplay was better, and the powers were just cool. Not to mention the score, which I think tied the whole package together. Never have so many composers created such a unique sound.

Both games have pretty strong, if not traditional, stories.

He's just fishing... with a torpedo.

Take no bloody notice of the fool!

Computer games are a slightly more socially accepted way to pass time then masturbation is.

Both activities involve men handling touch sensitive "controls", the Internet and are done in darkened rooms.