What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

As I was doing daedric quests, one prize for a quest is a book that grants you 5+ levels in 3 separate sections of skills. For some reason I thought I could use it three times to take full benefit but it's destroyed when you use it. So I reload an autosave and google what the other options grant. Turns out there's a glitch where you can just use the book over and over, eventually reaching Level 100 in all skills and reaching the cap level of 81.

Well, I went ahead and did that. So now...

top-10-bond-deaths-20061114034914884-000_288x288.jpg

I AM INVINCIBLLLLLLEEE!!!!

I know, I know, the game is boring now and no fun, but I've already done 99% of everything and decided to have some fun with the perks. Turns out though that I sold a daedric artifact without realizing its importance. Thankfully the game has 16 artifacts, making the trophy for getting 15 of them still possible, but I have to resort to another glitch to accomplish that. Right now I have 12, I'm currently on the quest that will get me #13, and then there's a quest that lets you choose one artifact over the over, but there's a way to end up with both.

Then I'll just need to learn 3 more shouts and shazam, platinum! Dark Souls awaits next.

Started Dark Souls last night after "finishing" Skyrim.

Any advice, KM? I've played for about 40 minutes and am liking it a lot more than Demon's Souls so far. I feel like a made a poor character decision by picking the "naked" class. I wasn't sure what any of the perks that came with each class meant, and probably should have looked in the mini guide I got with the Collector's Edition, but I was too lazy :P

Is magic as vital this time around? I took down the Undead Asylum guard in one go. When you first encounter him I thought I was supposed to die but then realized there was a door to run through. I have a feeling the game makes it seem easy for you and then is gonna hit hard later. Demon's Souls got straight to the point. You will die.

I made the mistake of going to the underground area first and those ghost bitches killed me a couple times. Decided to go to the church instead, and I got pretty far fairly easily until I died. Alright, no problem, I lit a bonfire not too long ago. But then I spawn ALL THE WAY BACK at the beginning of the area. What's the point of a bonfire then?

I made the mistake of going to the underground area first and those ghost bitches killed me a couple times. Decided to go to the church instead, and I got pretty far fairly easily until I died. Alright, no problem, I lit a bonfire not too long ago. But then I spawn ALL THE WAY BACK at the beginning of the area. What's the point of a bonfire then?

When you wander somewhere your not supposed to you'll know. Your supposed to pick the class with the Master Key gift...forgot what it was.

In this game I had to be good with both Shield and Sword (to kill normal monsters) and magic (saved my spells for bosses or more difficult enemies ). You can't wipe out everything with magic missiles like Demon's Souls. My weapon of choice was an upgraded 1 hand katana style weapon. Don't t use 2 handed you always die.

Most important tips :

1)BOOST ENDURANCE to 40 early. (increase carry weight + Maxed out STAMINA BAR).It's the most important stat by far

2)Only increase Dex and Str to the minimum to use your fav. weapon (Sword..etc..)

3)ALWAYS use a shield

4)You want some Heavy Armor pieces because of POISE (prevent from being staggered) and be able to roll in it (again boosting endurance and carry weight)

5)Upgraded armor and Weapons is super important

6) You need about 5 spell slots (Attunement at 19)

Faith is useless except to case Heal and put 0 points in Resistance. You should put in Vitality to have about 1000 hit points eventually

I think the Thief has the master key gift. My mini guide doesn't make them sound too good though. They say the Deprived class is for expert level players only because it provides no armor or gifts. Guess on the inside I'm an expert player! :lol:

I'll start a new character then and not focus too much on magic. Can you explain why my bonfire failed me? I thought they were supposed to be checkpoints?

Well you need to 1) light it and 2) rest in it to re-spawn there.

You can kindle them with Humanity to get extra healing flasks (5-10-15-20) although you can't get 15-20 until later

Only focus on one type of magic. Me it was Soul Arrow type not Pyro...

Trust me you still need magic to a degree but limited spells mean you need to be able to fight too

Undead Burg is where you have to go first

Ah okay, I thought you could light it without resting on it. I didn't want to respawn all the enemies I just killed since I still had 3/4 of my health. So you recommend Thief and to major in melee combat with a minor in magic?

Does Humanity do anything else? Because I found 2-3 already.

EDIT

I see you can choose the Master Key as your gift no matter which class you choose. So should I dump Thief for something like Warrior? Or stick with Thief and choose Tiny Being's Ring as my gift, which slowly recovers your HP when you wear it.

I used only Humanity to kindle fires. They're rare so... They can also be used for healing and online play to summon people (never used that)

And you need to have at least 1 humanity and be alive to kindle a fire (resets if you die) , so it's better to kindle a bunch of bonfires at one time a bit later in the game

I see you can choose the Master Key as your gift no matter which class you choose. So should I dump Thief for something like Warrior? Or stick with Thief and choose Tiny Being's Ring as my gift, which slowly recovers your HP when you wear it.

ah that's right I think I was a sorcerer then because you start with the right spells. Tiny being ring is useless

Sorcerer

Starts off with the Soul Arrow, one of the most useful spells throughout the entirety of the game.

Starting soul level: 3

total starting points: 80

I built Warrior stats FROM sorcerer class...Endurance to 40 is top priority

Because that's the weapon I start out with as a Sorcerer. I haven't seen a single enemy drop anything yet. I wandered into a graveyard and two giant skeletons chased me all the way back to the bonfire. Took me 10 minutes just to kill one.

Hmm, your way too impatient

besides the skeletons are too hard now...go up those big stairs to the Undead Burg. Some guy sells weapons there

just persevere with the sorcerer a bit

This was a looong game for me. I played 150 hours. I think the sense of wonder and danger in exploring new areas is much greater than Skyrim. I'm getting sick of snow and ice everywhere

There's also a lot of component farming involved. Typical JRPG where 1/100 monster drop it. And you can only make ONE level 10 weapon per damage type per play trough

and don't forget to find the shortcuts

Well that's not really true actually, you can buy what you need later in the game from vendors

but I wasted a lot of time farming ,like I did for Enchanting in Skyrim

Sounds more like hard labour than fun. If it can't be beaten without farming I'll never play that game.

That's unfortunately the truth with these two games. It sucks cause they really are well designed. The way I see it, you can fight your way through the same area to a boss over and over in an attempt to finally kill him, or you can play through an area over and over that you know will net you souls and therefore make the journey to the boss easier. Either way it gets boring fast.

Finished up the main story on Final Fantasy XIII-2. Overall not quite as good as the first one but still a damn solid game. Much shorter too. Great ending. Bring on Final Fantasy XIII-3, I'll be in line release day again. Now to postgame sidequests....

Finished up the main story on Final Fantasy XIII-2. Overall not quite as good as the first one but still a damn solid game. Much shorter too. Great ending. Bring on Final Fantasy XIII-3, I'll be in line release day again. Now to postgame sidequests....

The great fun of JRPG's are the post game sidequests and hidden bosses/dungeons. Glad this game has them

Still can't forget the Wandering Dungeon in Star Ocean 4 The Last Hope

If your playing on xbox360 you really should play Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean 4

The great fun of JRPG's are the post game sidequests and hidden bosses/dungeons. Glad this game has them

Still can't forget the Wandering Dungeon in Star Ocean 4 The Last Hope

If your playing on xbox360 you really should play Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean 4

PS3. Not many RPG options. Next in line for me will be a bunch of old King's Quest games, 4 through 8, that I picked up on sale at GOG.com. Never liked the Sierra adventures as much as the Lucasarts style ones (too many random deaths around every corner, and they're a bit stuffy and full of themselves, little humor) but it was worth the price to take a chance on them. And I've always like the Zelda-style action/adventure King's Quest 8 and my old CD copy won't run on modern Windows. Next big release is Mass Effect 3, but I need to do some computer upgrades before I can play it. Still need to get a copy of Arkham City too.

XIII-2 is loaded with sidequests, but unlike XIII you can do a lot of them as you choose. I just wanted to get through the story first before diving into them. There's multiple alternate "paradox" endings too like the Chrono series.

Cool, I'll look those up.

One other thing on XIII-2 KM, don't expect to be challenged. XIII was the hardest FF I've ever played, but 2 tones it down a lot. I got fewer game over screens the whole main story than either of the hardest story fights in XIII (2nd Bartandalus fight, when leaving Pulse, and the first stage of Orphan) individually. Didn't do any extraneous leveling or farming either.

I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would tbh. It's rough as a dog but a lot of fun. And fresh. Took some getting used to (gadgetry is barking mad), but now I know I've ranked upto 28 and I know what I'm doing I'm getting a lot of kills. Not sure if u would like it but if u like fast paced action and hectic verticality in gameplay then give it a go. Gliding around and dive bombing unaware enemies never gets old.

My current motto on the Xbox Live dash is "Gotham City Impostors > MW3" ;)

Skyrim seems to never end .I'm doing "scripted" sidequests but barely started on the guild quests and main quest. And I'm over 80 hours in.

the problem none of the artifact or weapon I get in reward are better than the ones I made

My Sword

Glass Sword with 225 base damage + double enchanted with 4 kinds of damage effects (cold, stamina,shock and magika). Killls dragons with 4 hits

My Sword

Glass Sword with 225 base damage + double enchanted with 4 kinds of damage effects (cold, stamina,shock and magika). Killls dragons with 4 hits

How the heck didya' get that?

1) forge a Glass Sword

2) Enchant necklace, ring, gauntlets and armor with a +27% Improve Smithing each (requires 100 in Enchantment + a Enchantment Philter) with a Grand Soul Gem Filled with Grand Soul

3) Upgrade sword at Forge with those 4 accessories equipped (+108%) + Smithing Potion (+50%)

4)Enchant Sword at Arcane Enchanter with Frost and Shock damage at max with a Grand Soul Gem Filled with Grand Soul

When I get my final rank in One Handed the base damage should be 250

The game was not designed with players like KM in mind. Thank god.

Seriously KM, you should move to China and be a gold farmer - you'd make a small fortune.

99% of Skyrim's audience will never face the same 'problems' he encounters.

FACT.

Skyrim is actually tailored to the KM type of players. It's just broad enough that any type of player can enjoy it. One of my friends on PSN is like him, he spent countless hours just forging armor and weapons that can kill enemies in one hit.

That's what I was talking about. It's always going to be difficult for an rpg pro to resist exploiting the systems built into the game, and there is nothing Bethesda could have done to stop it so long as they were intent on sticking to their overarching Elder Scrolls game design.

Decided to go back to the roots of my favorite developers. Found The Sly Collection for really cheap on eBay, and will be getting the Jak And Daxter Collection eventually. I never had the pleasure to experience Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog on the PS2.

Fun things I've done in Skyrim today:

--Quickloaded a game when talking to someone whose face was right up in mine so that half of it disappeared and I saw inside their head.

--Shot a Fury spell at a rabbit, to watch it take on a wolf -- it died.

--Killed a cow, got a bounty, then killed the guy who watched me kill the cow, and that removed the bounty since all witnesses were dead (don't worry, I quickloaded; I'm not a murderer).

--Lured a solitary mammoth to Whiterun by using arrows, spark, and flame spells -- and one right jab because I forgot which hand spell my was in.

--Got six draugr to follow me through the swinging axes in Bleak Barrow Cave; six draugr died.

This is the same exact game as every other Bethesda branded FPS/RPG. Golly it's fun!

I know why certain dungeons in Skyrim have those swinging blade traps in them. They deter you from carrying every blessed item through the dungeon in one trip. Walking around over-encumbered by 650 pounds sure slows you down.

I forgot, you like to pick up everything you can find for some reason. At least that's what I recall you doing in Fallout. Please don't tell me you pick up ruined books and stuff like that? There's a standing stone, by the way, that grants you an extra 100 pounds of carry weight. I forgot the name, something with a horse, and I think it was in the mountains to the left of Solitude.

I'm a bit swamped in games again. Today the PS Store really updated with some good shit, since the last couple of weeks had next to nothing. I got like 6 games for free with PS+, Twisted Metal, forgot that I had bought The Sly Collection, and have been finally playing Ratchet & Clank. I kind of abandoned Dark Souls, Assassin's Creed Revelations, and Dead Island for now. I'll get to them all eventually. Oh, and I'm going through the Back To The Future game, which I also got for free from PS+ about a month ago. Game is shit, unfortunately, but easy trophies!