What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

I'm tired of all the Super Mario World extreme overpraising. You guys should know better. Donkey Kong clearly is the greatest composer platform game of all time.

Both are great!

Meh. I prefer Mario. Plus Mario got better with each new game for a while, each new Donkey Kong Country wasn't as good as the previous

Just as long as nobody comes along and tries to tell me Sonic was always better than Mario. This conversation will remain on friendly terms, know what I mean?

;)

The Sonic games are fun, but not nearly as fun as Mario games and with about 10% the replay-ability

I must be one of the very few of my generation who has barely ever played such games.

Yeah, you were more the kind of guy who preferred to learn about forgotten civilizations, extinct animals and foreign languages. If we had gone to the same school, I would have bullied you.

Hey, I always liked videgames. I just never got around to play these much.

And learning foreign languages? At that time, I was only into English.

The Donkey Kong Country games are some of the best platformers ever made. None are as good as Super Mario World, though.

It won't come out until next month for PC, but I figure I'll get it as soon as possible to strike while the iron's hot, so to speak, before I shift my attention to something else, like The Witcher or DayZ.

I must be one of the very few of my generation who has barely ever played such games.

Yeah, you were more the kind of guy who preferred to learn about forgotten civilizations, extinct animals and foreign languages. If we had gone to the same school, I would have bullied you.

Hey, I always liked videgames. I just never got around to play these much.

And learning foreign languages? At that time, I was only into English.

Whatever, man. I would have bullied you!

Damn, the 2 games I want (Dragon;s Dogma and Witcher2) are never on special. They can read my mind. I bet the day I buy it it will be 20 bucks off the next

Metroid Prime on the GC is one of the greatest game's ever made.

And got better, I think, when it got ported over to the WII and bundled it with the other two games.

Completed Syndicate. A really decent sci-fi shooter along the lines of Blade Runner and Perfect Dark, I enjoyed it. The co-op campaign is particularly worthwhile - think Left 4 Dead with soldiers instead of zombies. Great style and some of the best shooting and movement feedback this side of Mirrors Edge; it's a terrible shame the game bombed badly. 7/10

Damn, the 2 games I want (Dragon;s Dogma and Witcher2) are never on special. They can read my mind. I bet the day I buy it it will be 20 bucks off the next

i hate it happened several times.

Or you wait and find it at 19$, and then it just means the next week-month is is going to be released in the value line at 9$.

Koray's views on the health and state of not only the fps genre, but video games in general should be neither trusted nor taken seriously - since he's already shown himself to be compromised:

I think I'm losing interest in games in general. This past holiday season, I bought so many I just kinda gave up trying to play them all equally. Wasted money on Twisted Metal and SSX and barely played those. Problem is I keep buying them but never play them. Max Payne 3 and Game Of Thrones are coming out soon, I normally would want to check those out. Then there's Sorcery at the end of the month, which looks like a worthy PS Move game.

I honestly might turn into a Call Of Duty gamer. Just buy that crap every year.

Couple that damning post with his frequent proclamations that's he's "done" ( - a direct quote, need I link?) with the Call of Duty franchise and suddenly the accusations of hypocrisy he's bandying around of late become very curious indeed.

I don't recall ever claiming I was "done" with COD, especially on numerous occasions. Trent, on the other hand...

I think I said once that I was getting tired of it and would focus on all the other stuff I had bought, but I don't know. I guess a link is required.

yeah, like playing new games instead of the latest CoD "map"...

BTW just bought Witcher 2 today. Got a good deal

Still into Tales of Graces F. These Japanese RPG's have the most amazing stories and a lot of the cut scenes are actually emotionally affecting. That's a reason I love them . I even shed a few tears in Valkeria Chronicles

I'm finally getting into Arkham City. My friend buys new games when they come out and I just borrow them from him when he is done. It's the best Batman game ever made, hopefully they make another one!

Possibly the best game I've played this year. I'd have to think. Either way, it's very nearly as good as Arkham Asylum. Definitely more ambitious in scope than the original, but I'd have preferred it if they'd concentrated on one or two main villains instead of the whole host of name checks we got.

Perhaps they knew that since it would be Hamill's last outing as the Joker, they wanted to go all-out with the story's scope in case this were to be the final game in the series.

One of these days I plan to resolve my hangup with getting Games For Windows to work so that I can play it properly with the gamepad. I just haven't made the time.

Why is it Hamill's last outing as The Joker?

Unfortunately, even without playing the game, I know story-wise why it's the last. However there is a "back door."

Hamill again reprised his role of The Joker in the Asylum's sequel, Batman: Arkham City, as well as the computer and Playstation 3 MMORPG DC Universe Online.[9] In May 2010, Hamill declared to IGN UK that his role in Arkham City would be his last as the Joker.[8] On October 19th 2011, shortly after the release of the game, he confirmed this on his Twitter account, saying "Hello/Goodbye Joker! I've enjoyed every minute behind the wheel of the Clown Prince’s crazy car — I'm going to miss him more than I can say!!".[10][11] However, he has expressed an interest in reclaiming the role were an adaptation of Batman: The Killing Joke ever made. He encouraged fans to campaign for said adaptation, in a tweet made on October 24th 2011.[12] Since then, a Facebook page titled "Petition to get Mark Hamill to play the Joker in animated Killing Joke"[13] has been set up by his fans.

So I've never played an Assassin's Creed game before, but I gotta say Assassin's Creed III looks pretty awesome

Some of those buildings are still in Boston today

What Quint said. The games are great yet annoyingly repetitive. The story should have ended 2 games ago. Apparently this is the last one though, but I thought that was the case with Revelations, so who knows. The cliffhanger endings are stupid.

I'll get III like I got all the others, a month later for 50% off.

Awesome video of Ellen Page doing motion capture for a new video game

Reminds of me of the behind the scenes footage of the fliming of Tintin

Finishing up the last optional quests of Tales of Graces F, 138 hours of game time. I would say this is a prototypical JRPG with pretty much all the conventions built into it. I would recommend it to someone wanting to try out the genre and awesome combat mechanics that brings something new to master until the end

Last night I fought the most powerful optional boss . My first attempt ended with my party being wiped out in one spell after a 45 min fight. I found out if you use a health potion when the boss has less than 5% health he does that every time. I beat him on my second attempt.

Not sure if I ever posted this or not. This particular video is a well done mockumentary for Battlefield 2. A group that obviously did a LAN party in order to do this as well as they did. The voices for all the characters are done by one person. This is not work safe as it's got a lot of swearing in it. There's a couple of parts that may be offensive to some of you. It's just over 13 minutes but it's worth the laugh.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5733044300866646599