GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

29 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

So is there a GoT OST track that even comes close to being as good as "Light of the Seven"?  I've never paid much attention to the music in the show over the past 5 years since I started watching (outside of the main theme of course) but I have to admit "Light of the Seven" is just a fantastic cue.

I find myself on the verge of actually buying the Season 6 soundtrack!  It helps that it's only $9.99 on Amazon.

I don't know if it's released, but the music for Mel's resurrection ceremony with Jon was extremely evocative.

You know what the worst music on this show is?  The thing that he does for both royal weddings in the Sept of Baelor.  Distractingly simple, blunt, and badly mocked-up.  Always pisses me off.

9 minutes ago, TheWhiteRider said:

I don't know if it's released, but the music for Mel's resurrection ceremony with Jon was extremely evocative.

A bit of research and I think that would be this music; a bonus track on the digital version of the soundtrack.

Does anyone have a chronological or episode/scene breakdown for each track on the Season 6 album?

There is actually a shot in which Wun Wun flings a horse out of his path, which is probably related to that picture. As to why they didn't have him using some large weapon, like the log he was wielding at Hardhome, it's most likely just a matter of the added difficulty that it would incur during filming and/or the extra expense required for the effects.

Yeah. Given the number of existing characters stories they have to wrap up, and the limited number of episodes left, I'm guessing he'll be in this for about 5 minutes, ala Alexander Siddig and Ian McShane.

Link fixed. 

Yes I'd guess an Old Town librarian/Maester too. 

Some people think Wyman Manderlay but... Nah. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Yes I'd guess an Old Town librarian/Maester too. 

S07E01: He trains Sam. Gets killed. In dying breath makes Sam Grand, Grand, Grand Maester of all Westeros.

Scene.

Credits.

Cue Beastie Boys "Pass the Mic."

Written By:  Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman

Directed By: JJ Abrams

Wow!  Game of Thrones Season 6 is actually coming to DVD/Blu this November, instead of shortly before the next season begins like has been the norm since it started

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H2JPULU/

I've been saying for years they should do this!

Interview with Alexander Siddig about several aspects of his career including GOT. He says that he was contracted for more episodes the he eventually appeared in. Suggesting that the producers indeed wrapped up the Dorne story line far quicker then expected since it wasnt working.

http://www.startrek.com/article/catching-up-with-alexander-siddig-part-1

He didn’t. It’s funny, I’m not really sure what happened there. I was contracted to do at least four episodes this season, but then I was in L.A. doing publicity for something else, and I got a call at the Chateau Marmont and there were familiar voices on the other end of the phone. It was one of those guys, and because they didn’t introduce themselves it was like, “Hi, it’s me.” I was like, “Is that David or Daniel?” Anyway, they said, “You know what this phone call is about.” I was like, “Yeah, well, I guess I do.” “So we were going to kill you off at the end of last season, but we decided that we’re going to have to kill you off at the beginning of next season.” I was like, “Okay, life goes on.” But there was something wrong about that because I had been contracted for four episodes in the following season, so if they were going to kill me off at the end of the last season why would they contract me for those four episodes? Because it costs them money whether I do them or not, so it’s not great business sense to do it just in case.

So something happened; I have no idea what. There was an enormous amount of fan excitement when I got named to be on the show, and everyone was like, “Oh my god, yes, Doran Martell. He’s going to be great as Doran Martell.” That might have been the kiss of death. Maybe they didn’t want quite that much attention on that character. Maybe they thought, “Well, let’s prove that we’re going to stray from the books. We’re going to do something else, and he will be our first example of that.” So maybe that could have been the case. Or maybe I just screwed up. Maybe I said the wrong thing to the wrong person.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

No! Thats the big climax! Turns out it was all a simulation all this time. They are all robots and no one died!

Holy crap, that would be even worse than MY idea for the climax!

Based on the way the camera moves during the opening title, it is clear that the map is inverted.

In other words, it seems that rather than a spherical world (like our own), it seems to be a hollow one.

Combined with the bizarre seasons (winters last YEARS), clearly Westeros cannot possibly be on Earth.

Or can it....?

What if it is inside a hollow Earth?

And eventually they escape from the white walkers by digging down and emerging in the middle of New York?

Then our remaining heroes immediately get run over by a passing truck. Now THAT is "getting Games of Throned"! :lol:

Yes, I am well aware that is a terrible, terrible idea. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm more lurking nowadays but still here :)

and what can i say, season 7 sounds really promising. Season 6 was a great season in my opinion and really managed to close out or continue a lot of older story threads from previous seasons.

Concerning older story threads i especially liked Edmure Tullys and the Blackfishs return (Riverrun sets and CGI was beautifully realized) as well as everything with the Hound.

1 hour ago, BloodBoal said:

It's just the way things ended with the Blackfish.

I think the way that was done was good. The scene was about Jaime, not the Blackfish (who was always an auxiliary character, despite his popularity).

The scene with Edmure and Jamie was probably the best Jamie scene since the season 3 bathtub moment.

Tobias Menzies as Edmure was sorely missed since season 3 and he again delivered a great and nuanced performance as Edmure (now all the more hardened and grown up). Let's hope that Riverrun/Edmure still plays a role in the future seasons.

The Blackfish sendoff was ok, it wasn't really necessary to see his end in battle...

By the way how AMAZING were the Riverrun sets and CGI work.

This is surely one of the best looking locations in the whole series. Even custom built siege equipment and the Lannister Frey camps.

And many people keeps saying that the director of these episodes Mark Mylod is a sort of a hack because of the (admittedly horrible) Arya stabbing, recovery and chase scenes.

Nevertheless apart from that he overall did a great job in my opinion, especially with all the Riverun stuff and everything concerning the hound in episode 7 and 8. These scenes were really really well done starting with this amazing montage with the reveal of the hound...

Many of Mylods "bad" things are probably more script and story problems.

On 13-11-2016 at 6:00 PM, Alexcremers said:

The Blu-ray is almost out here in Belgium. Then I can finally debate it with you guys! ;)

Debate? Usually you just tell us you watched the season and inform us of what you thought of it.

On other boards, those comments could lead to an interesting discussion but here BloodBoal somehow always undermines everything (A PJ fanatic tactic?)

BTW, I already bought the Blu-ray set.