GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

2 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

By the way, did anyone fear for Bronn's life during this battle?

I didn't think Jaime nor Dany-O were going to die (feels like their narrative arcs aren't over yet), but I could totally see Girion... Sorry, I mean Bronn dying here, possibly after having taken down the dragon (with him crushed by it?).

Oh yea, I thought for sure he was going to bite it, I was kinda surprised that he didn't.  I wonder if he'll last until the end, hard to tell.

I also thought for sure Dickon was gonna bite it, was really surprised when he didn't!

I wonder if it'll be the last time we'll see a ballista in action, with Cersei and co thinking of another strategy to bring the dragons down (or maybe they'll think about putting poison on the arrows or something).

Ballista, thank you!  I knew there must be a word for that weapon, but I didn't know what it was and hadn't bothered to look it up (I just called it a giant crossbow).  BTW, in the "Inside the Episode" thingy after the episode ended, Benioff of Weiss called it "The Scorpion", which I don't remember any character calling it on screen...

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Benioff of Weiss called it "The Scorpion", which I don't remember any character calling it on screen...

Jaime did use that term when he sent Bronn to get it. I only knew what he was talking about because I'd seen the term before in connection with Aegon's Conquest. Took me ages to realise it wasn't referring to an arachnid.

Yea never played that game

And no I meant Dickon, Sam's brother

Papa Tarly will certainly have another scene with Sam before all is said and done

Dickon should've been killed off running away from a Dothraki archer.  Then we could all be saying "Dodge and weave Dickon!  Dodge and weave!"

Or is that Rickon?

Dickon's confused probably because he changed actors. That's my only big gripe with this show: I'd be fine with having to remember tons of character's names and faces when they give enough time, but to change actors all the bloody time makes it pretty hard! I just assumed he was an other brother, and Mclaggen just got lost on his way because of Hermione's Confundus charm.

I don't think I've ever watched a show that had more characters change actors!

• The Mountain (twice!)
  • Daario
  • Tommen & Myrcella
  • The Three Eyed Raven
  • Dickon

Who else am I forgetting?

At least the third Mountain looks identical to the first one, and they kept the facial hair the same through all three!

Incidentally, that same grizzled thesp is prominent in another show I recently made a start on, The Strain. He appears to play a vampire hunter and the main foil of the chief antagonist.

4 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Calling Beric Dondarrion right now!

Ask him if he's still holed up in that damn house!

"Scorpion" is another term for a ballista (or a similar type of weapon).

You guys would know that if you had played Age Of Empires when you were younger!

I only built Trebuchets in that. But I think that was AoE2.

1 hour ago, Glóin the Dark said:

Rickon's grandfather was Rickard. Good thing that Bronn never met Grandpa Tarly...

Yeah, Bronn might not fare too well against a Replicant.

18 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

The Myrcella recast is the most baffling, given the character barely appeared after that (and the original actress was available, as far as I know).

I think it was to do with the actress' age and the more mature storyline?

I assumed the original actor was younger! My bad. 

The aged Tommen up so I assumed they also did the same with his older sister. 

Wait, not even Daario?  He looked COMPLETELY different!

And you didn't notice when season 4 ended with a random extra playing the Three Eyed Raven, and season 6 it was now Max Von Sydow?

It's hard to remember if I noticed that myself or just read about it later.  It certainly didn't throw me off or anything.  Took it in stride.

Also, I forget Daario exists when he's not on screen.  Forgettable character I'm glad they didn't bring to Westeros.

It's the equivalent of recasting Thrain in The Hobbit, no one cares whobit is because they never get enough screentime or anything of value to say!