GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

GAME OF IT'S A GAME OF IT'S A GAME OF IT'S A GAME OF IT'S A GAME OF IT'S A GAME OF IT'S A GAME OF IT'S A GAME OF

GAAAAAME OF IT'S A GAAAAAME OF GAME OF THROOOOOOOONES

I don't know how I feel about this new series. On one hand I'm not bothered, on the other I'll probably totally fanboy when it starts. 

1 hour ago, KK said:

That badass Dondarrion shot though...

Yeah!  Although it looks like the kind of thing someone does before dying on this show. :(

I keep seeing the annoying hastag "winter is here" following the release of the latest trailer. I haven't watched it, but does this mean they're kicking off the assumed war to end all wars this season rather than next year's final one? If so, good. 

Yes. The trailers have just been non-stop shots of battle sequences really.

The scenes of large-scale conflict shown in the trailers all seem to be in the south and between human forces, so it still seems as though the "war to end all wars" (i.e., the one waged by the Night King and his army of dead men) will be the focus of the final semi-season, not this year's.

20 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Dat shot at 01'20...

Yep. I can already see the track title. Dondarrion's Badass End...

Well, he does wield a light-saber.

Karol

1 minute ago, BloodBoal said:

Not all. It seems you missed some stuff in the trailer!

By "large-scale conflict", I mean battles with large numbers of participants on both sides. I presume that the War to End All Wars will involve these! I didn't see anything resembling this in either of the trailers...

12 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

That's because in the footage shown, most of the men are probably already dead and have joined hte White Walkers' army, leaving only a few survivors fighting for their lives!

Yeah, that could be it. The last six episodes will be Hot Pie's desperate mission to make some gravy for a final meal before they get him.

12 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

And I thought you were part of the group who thinks the White Walkers come in peace anyway!

:P

Scandalous misrepresentation! But the White Walkers' motivation is not what it seems to be (i.e., annihilation of the human population, out of pure evil). There is absolutely no way to reconcile that with George R. R. Martin's declaration that "We don't need any more Dark Lords". I've always said, though, that I don't have 100% confidence that Benioff and Weiss will stick to Martin's version of the story in this respect.

5 minutes ago, crocodile said:

They just want bring around cake, basket of home made preserves and say hi.

Karol

Everything they have done points to that direction.

They also seek to reduce the number of humans on Westeros to 0.

2 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I don't know about the books, but so far the show has given ZERO characterization to the White Walkers. Something i'm beginning to think might be a missed opportunity.

Martin has also kept them pretty much in the shroud of mystery in the novels.

8 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

More FAKE LIES spread by CROOKED Gloin The Dark! I've seen LEAKED EMAILS! Now is time for you to tell the truth!

:lol:

Incidentally, one disappointing thing about the new trailer is that it seems to confirm that the Night King will again be played by Vladimir Furdik, who played him in Season 6. There had been a sliver of hope that Richard Brake (who played him at Hardhome) would be back, but apparently not. Furdik's portrayal conveys a hint of sadism, in contrast to Brake's quiet satisfaction in a job well done...

Finally watched the new trailer

I'm HYPED

I'm glad there's a show on TV with consistent well-done fantasy battles, dragons, magic, etc that also has characters and political changes you care about, with slick cinematography and effects.  It may not be the best show on TV, but its so worth watching.

Shame about the original score outside of the brilliant main title, though

10 minutes ago, Jay said:

Shame about the original score outside of the brilliant main title, though

Don't forget "Light of the Seven"!  It's great and memorable and actually noticed by people, so of course they have milked it for all it's worth in promotional material.  I even heard it used as background music for a behind the scenes video about the new Mummy movie at a theater before the trailers started recently.

Just now, Disco Stu said:

Don't forget "Light of the Seven"!  It's great and memorable and actually noticed by people, so of course they have milked it for all it's worth in promotional material.  I even heard it used as background music for a behind the scenes video about the new Mummy movie at a movie theater recently.

Thousand monkeys a thousand typewriters. 

Me neither. 

Im a dope and I own all the soundtracks for all the seasons. Except the most recent one which I never got around too. 

Thematically it just consists (mostly) of elaborations on the White Walkers' theme, the Game of Thrones ostinato (and the White Walkers' version of the ostinato). Its effectiveness is in its interaction with the visuals and, on a larger scale, in its contribution to setting the pace and mood of the sequence. Like almost everything in the Sapochnik episodes, I think the mood is perfectly gauged throughout. Compared with the horrendous musical accompaniment to the following episode's Daznak's Pit sequence, Hardhome is a masterpiece!