GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

On 9/27/2018 at 11:07 PM, Holko said:

Do they already know which is the real ending? There was word a while back that they filmed 5-6 of them and even the actors won't know which one is the real one.

Rumours to that effect were put out during the production, but the chances of them being true are surely close to zero. It provides a certain amount of cover from any spoiler leaks coming from members of the crew or from spies, and from any inadvertently revealing comments that might be made by members of the cast.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What I liked about season 7 was it closed out a huge portions of storylines and combined many others.

All we have left is Sansa and Arya in charge of Winterfell with Baelish dead, Cersei running Kings Landing with Jamie starting to lose faith in her, and Danerys and Jon Snow united and unaware they're related (but Bran and Sam know)

Indeed. The streamlined storytelling in favour off easy/cheap thrills has reduced the potency that the show's twists and turns once had.

That's because they swept it under the rug like it was nothing. Terrible waste of one of the show's most promising characters.

3 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Wait - Littlefinger is dead? I can't even remember that event.

Hard to believe right, if you recall the character in season one.

But yeah mate, your memory is seriously fucked. 

• 1 month later...

HBO CEO says the final season is extraordinary

“It’s a spectacle. The guys have done six movies. The reaction I had while watching them was, ‘I’m watching a movie,’” Plepler told Variety. “They knew the bar was high. They’ve exceeded the bar. I’ve watched them twice without any CGI and I’m in awe. Everybody’s in for an extraordinary treat of storytelling and of magical, magical production.” 

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1025469-hbo-ceo-says-game-of-thrones-season-8-is-like-six-movies

In other news, water is wet.

Started rewatching the entire thing in preparation. Some of the early basic exposition is delivered via exquisitely forced and clunky dialogue! It's cute. Also, in the first 4 episodes, the King travels to Winterfell, back to King's Landing with Ned, Cat gets down to Winterfell and back to the Vale. They do say it takes a month ever time and I did think the travelling in S7 was skipped cheaply, but it's funny it kinda began the same way that everone now dislikes in it. Also Baelish speaking in his normal voice instead of that forced gravelliness is very offputting.

Will Bloodboal be back for the final season?

23 minutes ago, Holko said:

Some of the early basic exposition is delivered via exquisitely forced and clunky dialogue! It's cute. 

I wanted to stop during those first 4 or 5 episodes of S1, but people said it would get better, and it did!

It gets better, although seven seasons in and I'm not optimistic about the end, I'm not looking forward to anything! What's the end goal?

7 hours ago, Arpy said:

What's the end goal?

Either killing all the white walkers or making peace with them; Basically stopping their invasion into Westeros.

Beyond that, just figuring out who will be the next King or Queen or Westeros I suppose

After all this time, Dany will find out her new lover happens to have a better claim to the throne than she does, as a direct line lawful male descendant. That will be juicy.

• 2 weeks later...

I've read about people saying things along those lines, but without much credibility, since it would negate the showrunners' stated reasons for having fewer episodes (i.e., much higher concentration of the budget and production time). All six episodes being in the 90-120 minute range would result in this season being longer than one of the ten-episode seasons!

If the above tweet is reasonably accurate, Seasons 7 and 8 should be of roughly equal length.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here are the runtimes for the final six episodes of Game of Thrones:

Episode 801: 54 minutes
Episode 802: 58 minutes
Episode 803: 60 minutes
Episode 804: 78 minutes
Episode 805: 80 minutes
Episode 806: 80 minutes

https://winteriscoming.net/2019/03/11/runtimes-every-episode-game-thrones-season-8-revealed/

So that article is wrong?

Here's an article from 6 days ago that has the same information

Runtimes for Game of Thrones season eight are: 

• • Episode one – 54 mins
  • • Episode two – 58 mins
  • • Episode three – 60 minutes
  • • Episode four – 78 minutes
  • • Episode five – 80 minutes
  • • Episode six – 80 minutes

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1077412/game-of-thrones-season-8-runtime-how-long-episode-length-HBO

What is your source?

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

So that article is wrong?

Yep.

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

Here's an article from 6 days ago that has the same information

Jeez, the pitiful state of reporting today!

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

What is your source?

HBO: https://www.hbo.com/schedule?focusId=811557

I think it's quite possible that those two "80 minutes" are still just placeholders/approximations which could change a bit (in either direction). The "78 minutes" for Episode 4 seems more solid. Perhaps the apparent finalisation of the running times for Episodes 1, 2 and 4 before the others is an indication that David Nutter was earliest to sign of on his work. Or perhaps it's just a coincidence; I guess the final signing off is down to Benioff and Weiss.

• 2 weeks later...