GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

Yep

https://www.google.com/search?q=feast+for+crows+dance+with+dragons+reading+order&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS806US807&oq=feast+for+crows+dance+&aqs=chrome.1.69i64j0l4.3869j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

52 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Having tried both, in New England, I thought they were both shit.

A small coffee shop that knows what they are doing will always be better than any nationwide chain, for sure.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

I just wish they had let Bryan Cogman lead the writing for season 8 instead of half-assing it themselves.

THIS -- Season 8 Episode 2 ("A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms") was lightyears ahead of the other three so far in terms of writing. A pretty...um...stark...difference. It was almost like the good ol' pre-season 7 (or even pre-season 5) days. Really got my hopes up for the season to come after a somewhat lackluster first episode. Why did D&D have to insist on writing so many of these this last season, exactly??

Yavar

Somehow Game of Thrones managed to eat out its own arse even harder than The Walking Dead did. I thought this would be literally impossible to do, but season 8, the big grand finale, somehow managed it.

Apparently watching the after episode things makes it even worse. DnD say things like "so Dany kind of forgot about Euron and the Iron Fleet" and "Jaime is addicted to Cersei, he was always going to go back to her".

4 minutes ago, Holko said:

..."so Dany kind of forgot about Euron and the Iron Fleet" and "Jaime is addicted to Cersei, he was always going to go back to her".

The first of those is obviously stupid. I don't really see what's wrong with the second (other than the rather crass wording)...

Didn't D&D once say they didn't even know Sam had POV chapters? Basically confirms they didn't read the books, or care enough while reading it.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Nice, thanks. I'll have to use this on my third re-read (after finishing my current queue of books: WoT, LotR, Stormlight Archives, Dark Tower). Maybe by the time I get back around to ASOIAF, the 6th book will be just 3 years away.

I managed to find an epub file of this "Feast with Dragons" edition via Dropbox from a Reddit post a few years back.

It means that despite "learning" so much, he actually learned nothing.

Sad.

1 minute ago, Glóin the Dark said:

The first of those is obviously stupid. I don't really see what's wrong with the second (other than the rather crass wording)...

2 minutes ago, Glóin the Dark said:

I don't really see what's wrong with the second (other than the rather crass wording)...

Well it seemed almost obvious that Jaime would be going down there to kill Cersei and the convo with Brienne was misdirection so she wouldn't follow him. And it would negate his growth completely, yes.

3 minutes ago, Holko said:

Well it seemed almost obvious that Jaime would be going down there to kill Cersei...

That was my assumption, too. I don't see it being in contradiction to the Benioff & Weiss quote.

3 minutes ago, Holko said:

And it would negate his growth completely, yes.

Do you mean "yes" in the case that he is intending to kill himself and Cersei, or in the case that he isn't?

Work colleagues assuming I watch this (and their surprise when I say I don't) is beginning to grate ... swear to God, you liven up your workspace with some Doctor Who/Star Wars stuff and it's assumed you're 'into' EVERYTHING  in the sci-fi/fantasy genre. 

Ah well, at least it's nearly over ... there's what, 3 episodes left? 

6 minutes ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Ah well, at least it's nearly over ... there's what, 3 episodes left? 

The final episode ever airs 12 days from now

12 minutes ago, Glóin the Dark said:

Do you mean "yes" in the case that he is intending to kill himself and Cersei, or in the case that he isn't?

In the case that he just abandons everyone and goes back intending to snuggle up to Cersei.

3 minutes ago, Glóin the Dark said:

You're a disgrace to your homeland.

The only reason I started to watch it in the first place was that I thought it might be fun trying to recognise the locations...

Line Of Duty scratches that particular itch for me. The scenes set in AC-12's offices are actually filmed in the building where I work.

Haha, about that spiral pattern, it turns out the writers explained off-screen what it means:

'Game of Thrones' Writer Explains Significance of the White Walkers' Spiral Symbol

Hill told the Post, “As we saw with Bran and the Three-Eyed Raven, the spiral pattern was sacred to the Children of the Forest, who created the Night King by sacrificing a captured man in a spiral ‘henge of stones.’ The Night King then adopted the symbol as a sort of blasphemy, like Satan with the upside-down cross.”

8 minutes ago, Holko said:

In the case that he just abandons everyone and goes back intending to snuggle up to Cersei.

But you don't think that is what's going to happen, is that right?

32 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

It means that despite "learning" so much, he actually learned nothing.

And you do think that (i.e., snuggling back up to Cersei) is what's going to happen?

24 minutes ago, Jay said:

The symbol first appeared in the series’ pilot episode, when Night’s Watch rangers traveled beyond the Wall and found an encampment of dead people, whose bodies were organized into a rhombus with a line running through it.

A "rhombus with a line through it" was the first appearance of the spiral?

When his dick got cut off and thrown in a fire, he heard a voice in the flames, and the voice hasn't been revealed who it was in the books yet, nor the show (where it's never even been brought up again after he told Tyrion the story)