GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

Poor Cersei having to walk around in the nuddy with her face awkwardly pasted on some double's body. And what was with burning that poor scaly faced girl at the steak? The Jon Stark battle against the skeletons was awesome, but everyone's stabbed him to death, so how does he come back? The dragon to the rescue to fight all those masked freaks in the stadium reminded me of that bit in AOTC when the clone army arrives.

10 hours ago, Thekthithm said:

The dragon to the rescue to fight all those masked freaks in the stadium reminded me of that bit in AOTC when the clone army arrives.

'Around the survivors, a perimeter create.'

7 hours ago, Thekthithm said:

Hey how come no-one else comes in here anymore? Aren't you all real fans?

It should be a warning to you to enjoy it but also keep it arms length, ready to toss it in the trash after season 7. 

11 hours ago, mstrox said:

I'd wager that season 7 and 8 work somewhat better when you're binging the series

I can confirm that. My first watch through was a binge of 1-7. 8 still has serious issues, but also some entertainment value.

12 hours ago, Thekthithm said:

I loved it. I think this show is better now than the earlier seasons.

Well at this point, it is a lot closer to the latest Godzilla than I, Claudius isn't it? So this doesn't surprise me at all.

1 minute ago, KK said:

Well at this point, it is a lot closer to the latest Godzilla than I, Claudius...so this doesn't surprise me at all.

Oh speaking of, the zombie dragon had the same blue atomic breath as Godzilla!

On 8/22/2019 at 10:01 AM, mstrox said:

I'd wager that season 7 and 8 work somewhat better when you're binging the series

Probably. The expectation wouldn't accumulate for years like it did for those who saw it in real time. 

And the last season or last 2 seasons of a show always play better while binging. As they all suddenly get quite plot heavy and start cutting out extraneous fat.

Her training to be an assassin from the shadows and fighting with a staff paid off by leaping 20 meters and screaming like an idiot to give herself away at the last second? She didn't even have any connection to the Long Night story thread at all.

Just finished the finale.

So... what the hell is wrong with everyone? That was fine! Ideal? Probably not, but I've had my fair share of dud finales before and GOT comes nowhere near close to any of those stinkers or bad cliffhangers that never received a pay-off.

Obviously all the Misery Kathy Bates types out there were expecting something way different to what we got, but everything about felt just about it right to me.

Maybe it'll take a long time for the last season to sink in for a lot of fans, and it'll slowly gain more appreciation over time. Or maybe I'm just the only one who understood it? Who knows? Maybe everyone else hated all the Marvel-like imagery of destruction and carnage reminiscent of ID4 or Godzilla, and I simply got a kick out of the silliness of it all? There is a higher degree of schlockiness here that probably infuriated all the aficionados for "high end golden age" TV drama, but whatevs, I got my own satisfaction from it.