GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 0:38 AM, BloodBoal said:

Game of Thrones: Season 7 Blu-Ray, DVD, Digital Download Release Dates, Bonus Features Announced

A sample of one of the bonus features, the animated "mini-series" Conquest & Rebellion : An Animated History of the Seven Kingdoms

Aw man, I thought the animation and narration was nice but the story sounds very much like the Fall of Numenor from LotR. 

The news is that Miguel Sapochnik, the guy who directed the "Hardhome" episode from Season 5 as well as both "Battle of the Bastards" and the "The Winds of Winter" season finale episode from Season 6, who did not return to direct anything in Season 7, is returning to direct something for Season 8.

33 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Sapochnik's return comes as no surprise to me. It was bound to happen, given the reception of Hardhome.

It's obviously no surprise that they would want him back. The question was whether they would be able to get him, given the increased demand for his work as a result of his Game of Thrones episodes; he seems to have signed up for at least one major film project. He did say over a year ago that he would very much hope to be back for the final season, but there was always a chance of scheduling conflicts (or financial ones!).

1 hour ago, Jay said:

What's wrong with David Nutter?  He did direct the red wedding episode after all

Yeah, but not very well!

40 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Did he also direct the Sansa rape episode?

No, that was Jeremy Podeswa.

Nutter, on the other hand, did direct the god-awful Daznak's Pit sequence!

6 hours ago, Stefancos said:

But nothing in Cork, again!

Cork doesn’t have a big enough arena. I’d say the Opra House only holds 1500 or so. 

The Marquee or Páirc Uí Chaoimh wouldn’t be the place for an orchestra. 

6 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Hard Brexit!

The way the EU want things Belfast will be closer to Dublin than London!

On 14/09/2017 at 6:38 PM, Jay said:

They should secretly randomise the streams and give everyone a different ending, without telling anyone.

On 10/1/2017 at 8:59 PM, Marian Schedenig said:

They should secretly randomise the streams and give everyone a different ending, without telling anyone.

Right from the Tyrion playbook.

Because I like enough of the music to enjoy a show full of the highlights.

I think in general he writes a good theme and he’s able to give every theme at least one good outing during the series.

He just hasn’t been able to do much to develop any of those ideas over the course of seven seasons. 

I think it’ll be nice to hear the music with real instruments and it looks like a good show. 

Dunno if I’d watch selected episodes live to projection but 90-120 minute highlight show? Definitely!

I think it was this time two years ago he said “I just missed a deadline that means Winds won’t be out before season 6 of the show!”

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Glóin the Dark said:

I just walked past Kit Harington in the street.

Funny, I would have expected him to be more pleased than he seemed to be by my jubilant The King in the North! salutations.

Is he really tiny in real life?

If I can, I will definitely try and make the London show. I also agree with Bilbo that Djawadi writes really good themes even if he hasn't always developed his ideas as much as I would like or produced anything refreshing for the show in several years (with the notable exception of Light of the Seven). But a concert with those themes presented in all their glory (rather than over-done across 7 seasons), hell yes!

So I've been thinking, and I sorta hope they remove the White Walkers as a threat in the first half of the final season. For me the more we've learned about and seen them, the more bored with the White Walkers I've grown as antagonists. The show is called Game of Thrones after all, and the characters  are the most compelling bit. If it all ends in just as big, epic battle with the Walkers, I'll be little disappointed.