GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

30 minutes ago, Jay said:

Ignore the ridiculous thumbnail that has nothing to do with it)

I was skeptical to the point of almost not clicking play but it won me over.  I enjoyed that.

But then I tried one of his videos and realized he’s just another CinemaSins type dude.  Hmmmm.

Yea its a good summary of the main criticisms the majority of us have about the season, presented in a pretty funny way!

Yea I've watched a few other ones of his and some are good (like Friends and Seinfeld) but most are about superhero movies or other summer blockbuster type movies, and I just don't feel like picking those apart any more after all the Honest Trailers and Everything Wrong With and everything else

CinemaSins/Everything Wrong With/Honest Trailers is all fun and games until it picks apart films that don't deserve it.

My feed on YouTube was bombarded with anti-TLJ videos of the ilk: 'Why The Last Jedi Sucks Ass' or 'The Last Jedi and Rian Johnson Ruined Star Wars and My Life...' 

After just two episodes in, I'm already struggling with it. I dunno, 006 murdering a dog at the end rubbed me the wrong way. There are acts of violence and cruelty in this show that are treated with such casual smugness that just put me off, yuck. Should I keep going?

7 minutes ago, The Original said:

After just two episodes in, I'm already struggling with it. I dunno, 006 murdering a dog at the end rubbed me the wrong way. There are acts of violence and cruelty in this show that are treated with such casual smugness that just put me off, yuck. Should I keep going?

S02E01 has soldiers slaughtering babies with knives!

11 hours ago, Arpy said:

My feed on YouTube was bombarded with anti-TLJ videos of the ilk: 'Why The Last Jedi Sucks Ass' or 'The Last Jedi and Rian Johnson Ruined Star Wars and My Life...' 

There came a moment where mine was so full of "why this sucked", "where that failed" and "when this series died" or "the missed opportunities of that" where I sat thinking: "do these people actually enjoy anything?"

1 hour ago, Holko said:

S02E01 has soldiers slaughtering babies with knives!

006 did not want to murder the dog!

Also yes, I feel tired of this critique already

I know its bad, I dont need to hear it every day.

We don't know actually, the big scary Winter ended up lasting a few... months? weeks? technically only one night was bad.

28 minutes ago, The Original said:

I just feel like I'm forcing myself to watch this. Does it ever get a bit more lighthearted?

I was never much into the concept of Game of Thrones. Ended up watching it because my roommate liked it.

He gave up somewhere before the end. I made it all the way through.

It's not my cup of tea. Sign me up for something fun and adventurous instead!

4 minutes ago, Holko said:

We don't know actually, the big scary Winter ended up lasting a few... months? weeks? technically only one night was bad.

They completely skipped past the part where all of Westeros was struck by a long, dark winter.

I'm still in the denial stages and came across this video - it does a great job at capturing all the disappointing pitfalls of the season:

I was in the denial stage as well, until yesterday. Then I decided to re-watch the last two episodes. I felt a bit better, afterwards. I have realized that the part that I consider really bad, beyond any possibility of a justification, is just the last 35 minutes or so of the last episode (I would be a very benevolent judge). And I'm not going to allow those 35 minutes to cancel the many good memories I have associated with the whole show. Plus, the actors really delivered great performances, despite everything (especially Emilia Clarke and Peter Dinklage were spectacular). I guess I'm in the acceptance stage now. Next should come the enlightenment stage, when I'll believe that what we saw was the only possible conclusion to the show.

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

Geez, it's just a TV show in the end.

Of course it is, and I was dramatizing on purpose. I should have placed some smiling icons to convey the tone I had in mind. :lol: :D :P

Am I the only one who thinks Emilia Clarke's performance was fairly basic in this? I think sometimes people mistake nostril flares for good acting. By the final season, it was all a bit Michael Burnham for my tastes.