Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (James Mangold, June 30 2023)

Joe Brausam

Ford is already too old at this point I think

How old is he right now?

He turned 70 on the 13th of July.

That's one fake excuse for not making a movie. Can't come up with a story? really?

In all honesty, I think neither Spielberg, Lucas or Ford ever seriously thought to do another Indy. It's likely one of those things where they probably had a stock answer ("Yes, we're talking about it, but we have to find the MacGuffin") whenever the inevitable question from journalists and people in general came up. But frankly I don't think they really ever committed in some way to this. It's even known that Spielberg wasn't that enthusiastic to do a fourth one. And keep in mind he, Lucas and Ford did listen to the big audience disappointment that got out of it.

It's time for Indy to ride into the sunset for real. He's already in the cinematic pantheon of movie legends.

Yeah, I agree. I just leave him be. I'm sure Spielberg has still something worthwhile to offer. You know, that isn't Indiana Jones.

Karol

If they were gonna go the Bond route with Indy, it would've needed to happen a long time ago. I think it's too well-established and too much its own thing. The closest thing to that I could accept would be if they went back to an earlier adventure with Flannery or something--and even that's a shame of a missed opportunity, because they were planning to go that direction with Young Indy. Would've loved to see the episodes introducing Abner and Belloq.

I reached 5000 posts in less time than you did. I'll have a higher post count than yours before you know it.

you really don't have a clue do you? you're not even in the game, and Indiana Jones and the fifth movie doesn't care about post counts.

Indiana Jones and the Search for Wilford Brimley's Diabetes Blood Suger Meter.

If this porject is truly dead, wouldn't it be wise for George Lucas to announce it officially? I mean, Indidana Jones is pretty big. The Blu Rays come out this fall so the timing would be great to address the issue. If he doesn;t we are going to get threads like this for the next ten years or so. Fans speculating if another Indy movie is around the corner. I never imagined George being this lazy. I mean, he is pretty imaginitive and creative. To not be able to think up a McGuffin by now (he's had what? 3 or 4 years?) He won't later. If a 5th film is done I hope Shia is either not in the film at all (off at school perhaps) or in very very little of it. Marion is given a bigger role than in the last film. Sala comes back.I thought Jim Broadbent was a good character and would like to see him in a bigger role. I also hope they would keep the story simple. Don't make it crowded with lots of supporting characters. Give us a great villain and since Indy is older make it more of a detective story. Still, I know if it is a Indiana Jones film there has to be action. I'm just saying give us a good story/mystery.

They should lock this topic til some actual news comes up about this movie. Would save a lot of unnecessary checking...

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

The only way they could make it now and keep it dignified is to make it a movie with Indiana Jones in it, but not solely about him. He would have to be in a supporting role. The trouble is Mutt as a character (taking the franchise forward) was a failure, so they effectively boxed themselves into a corner.

• 2 months later...

So, rumor has it that "An outline is being developed for an "Indiana Jones 5" which is to be submitted by the end of calendar year 2014. If all parties can agree to moving forward, the film would be in cinemas sometime in 2016."
If everything goes well (and is true) we will have another Williams score to look forward to in 2016.