Hlao-roo

Villeneuve doesn't come from a Hollywood CGI big blockbuster summer movies background. He made these little French speaking Canadian films that people in hip coffee shops talked about. I bet that during that time Villeneuve despised those SFX ridden pictures.

original_despresso.2.jpg

7 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I just wanted to say that unlike these new "young" filmakkers that seem to want to do everything like in the 80s Spielberg has tended to use more and more CGI even if he is (was?) the master of "balance" in sfx usage.

I'll never trust him again after that mess of computer generated pixels called KOTCS. It destroyed whatever illusion of "old school effects" he kept boasting the film was using.

• 2 weeks later...

We can now reveal that a source close to the production of Blade Runner 2049 has informed us that the power of CGI will bring a Replicant character from the cult 1982 film back for the theatrical Blade Runner sequel. While we can’t be specific of which Replicant this will be; we have a few theories which we will discuss below.

God, I hope not!

http://www.theterminatorfans.com/exclusive-original-replicant-to-return-in-blade-runner-2049-as-cgi/

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

Yeah; I read that a few days ago. The first negative news from the production. I'm dreading another Tarkin/Leia ordeal, but I'm hoping it's far more tasteful and reserved than that.

If I were excited about this film the biggest disappointment I'd have right now is that they just completely spoiled the unexpected inclusion of a character from the original. 

Bloody movie hype in 2017, it sucks arse. This is why I lost interest in following movie productions, because the producers don't give a fuck anymore. Surprise is worthless, it's bad for business. 

On 1/6/2017 at 7:40 AM, Quintus said:

If I were excited about this film the biggest disappointment I'd have right now is that they just completely spoiled the unexpected inclusion of a character from the original. 

Bloody movie hype in 2017, it sucks arse. This is why I lost interest in following movie productions, because the producers don't give a fuck anymore. Surprise is worthless, it's bad for business. 

Indeed. 

Thanks for the Scott interview clips, Alex! Am I the only one who thinks Scott looks amazingly good for a guy who's almost 80 years old?

The kid is born on 7 Jan, so as a Blade Runner fan, I failed.

On 7-1-2017 at 9:22 PM, Thor said:

Thanks for the Scott interview clips, Alex! Am I the only one who thinks Scott looks amazingly good for a guy who's almost 80 years old?

I agree. People used to look like that when they were 60.

Villeneuve promises same atmosphere in 2049:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/denis-villeneuve-living-blade-runner-173850277.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

"The first movie was a film noir, quite intense with melancholia and an existential crisis, so we are not far away from the thematics of the first movie, I will say.  It's the same genre, the same atmosphere."

Good. I never expected otherwise. I'm sure Villeneuve delivers in that arena.

But a SLIGHT skepticism has snuck in due to the "CGI faces" news bit that was released earlier.

On 1/14/2017 at 7:25 AM, BloodBoal said:

Yes! And maybe they could have fight scene between the old human Deckard and the young replicant Deckard, like that scene between old and young Arnie in Terminator Gensi... Genesi... Gynesi... Terminator 5!

Let's not forget old and young Jeff Bridges in Tron!

I don't believe Villeneuve is going for a CGI character, not after he said they can count the times on one hand when they need to resort to CGI . It indicates he's not really a fan of CGI.

26 minutes ago, Richard said:

A quick BR question: if Gaff knew that Deckard was a replicant (as was implied, otherwise, what's the tin foil unicorn all about?), why didn't he just shoot him, at the end of the movie, instead of giving him his gun back?

Gaff don't kill Rachael either.

I think Deckhart and her are from the latest generation of replicants, the ones with implemented memories.

9 hours ago, Richard said:

A quick BR question: if Gaff knew that Deckard was a replicant (as was implied, otherwise, what's the tin foil unicorn all about?), why didn't he just shoot him, at the end of the movie, instead of giving him his gun back?

Why would they kill off their 'Robocop'? 

I think it will be revealed the events of Blade Runner were a corporate plot. That Roy and his group was reprogrammed to cause distrurbances on Earth in an effort to discredit by a rival board member!

We need Ronny Cox back! Dammit!

13 hours ago, Bespin said:

Gaff don't kill Rachael either.

I think Deckhart and her are from the latest generation of replicants, the ones with implemented memories.

Bes, I think you mean "implanted" :lol:

Since Gaff is also a blade runner, it made no sense for him to let Rachel live, especially as Bryant said that she needed to be retired.

Dagnabit, the film's just crap!