Hlao-roo

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Since Gaff is also a blade runner ...

All we know is that Gaff is the right-hand man of police chief Bryant.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

... it made no sense for him to let Rachel live ...

But wasn't that Deckard's job?

BTW, apparently any IMDb user/member can add names to the cast list so it's probably not true that Olmos is in the new movie.

4 hours ago, Richard said:

Bes, I think you mean "implanted" :lol:

Since Gaff is also a blade runner, it made no sense for him to let Rachel live, especially as Bryant said that she needed to be retired.

Dagnabit, the film's just crap!

I saw the movie longtime ago.

Do we know if Gaff knows from the begining that Deckhart is a replicant?

Rachael saves the life of Deckhart at the end of the movie and the two are in love... We'll never know exactly why, but both deserve "to live" to the eyes of Gaff.

The next film definitely needs a line explaining all that!

"I always knew you were a skinjob, Rick! Even before Bryant told me. You wanna know how I knew? I looked into your eyes!" - Gaff

Olmos with his gravely Adama-like delivery could pull it off!

1 minute ago, Bespin said:

Do we know if Gaff knows from the begining that Deckhart is a replicant?

A police department working with disposable blade runners means we can assume they already knew about it from the start.  Deckard could be an experiment. This explains why Bryant and Gaff always happen to be around. In one of the cut scenes they are monitoring an unaware Deckard (while working on the job) to evaluate how he is faring. 

Sadly this turns Blade Runner into a Nolan-like puzzle. A philosophy lesson rather than a film that really leaves you with something to think about.

Blade Runner is his greatest film, but sadly Ridley...modern Ridley has been slowly eating away at it for a long time now.

Added? I have no way of knowing. He will add a deep reference to the original, but that might not be such a great addition.

At best we will end up with a 2010. A decently made, but clearly inferior sequel that hasn't really diminished the power of Kubricks original.

At worst Scott and a misguided Villeneuve will rob Blade Runner of it's innate power and mystery.

Very very few film makers understand the concept of mystery. The value of not explaining what they were trying to say in the last act. Kubrick did. Scott once did, I suppose.

49 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

To much salt in an otherwise finely prepared dish will ruin it Alex. And Ridley has been adding salt.

For you and for me, but to the rest of the world, the unicorn reverie actually added the salt to the dish ... or a new layer, as they call it. And with the deletion of the voiceover and the 'happy end' of the original release, the film became suddenly highly regarded.

Oh, ol' Ridders wanted it to be a part of the original movie but the producers deemed the unicorn too artsy fartsy and so it was cut out. Were the producers responsible for the superior version?

Alex

Just now, Richard said:

So...depending on which version of the film, that you have seen/know well/prefer (*), Deckard both is, and is not, a replicant.

* delete where inapplicable.

It's just more explicit in the DC and the FC.

Alex

Deckart is indeed a replicant but a generation that is not programmed at birth to die... This generation seems to take age like a human, it's why we'll see him in the new movie. I don't think Rachael is still alive... Maybe a previous generation of Replicant.

4 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Very possible! The mystery of Blade Runner will be solved!

Gaff: [voiceover] It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?

26 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Deckart is indeed a replicant but a generation that is not programmed at birth to die... This generation seems to take age like a human, it's why we'll see him in the new movie. I don't think Rachael is still alive... Maybe a previous generation of Replicant.

You mean that Deckard might be a Nexus 7?

Dave Bautista:

“Deakins is a genius, and it was amazing. Not only him but Villeneuve, he’s also a genius. It’s weird, it’s a different experience because it was a slow process, because so much of what they do it so meticulous. They were just shooting with one camera, and it slows down the process, but at the same time they’re getting exactly what they want and they’re not playing around. When I looked back at some of the playbacks, even scenes I wasn’t in, it looks like such an amazing looking film, it’s just insane man. It’s breathtaking.”

http://collider.com/dave-bautista-blade-runner-2-guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-bushwick-interview/#roger-deakins

43 minutes ago, Richard said:

Oh, come on, guys. Snake oil. He's hardly going to say "well, to be honest, it looks like watered-down shit", is he? To an extent, he's paid to say that.

He only comments on the look. I can easily imagine that he is impressed with that because Villenueve and Deakins are going to give highest attention to the way this film looks. I don't think they forced him to say that. In a way, he's saying, I don't know about this movie but it surely looks handsome.

8 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

He only comments on the look. I can easily imagine that he is impressed with that because Villenueve and Deakins are going to give highest attention to the way this film looks. I don't think they forced him to say that. In a way, he's saying, I don't know about this movie but it surely looks handsome.

Alex, anything an actor, director etc says about the films he's doing while its been shot or promoted is 100% advertisement.

Have you ever heard Liam Neeson say "I'm doing this Luc Besson produced action film right now. The script isnt much, but it's a very well paid trip to Turkey."

Doesn't mean he's lying. The slow process, the attention to detail, only one camera for shooting the whole movie, him being impressed with the look, ... It's precisely what all the actors remember from the original movie. Harrison Ford didn't understand why Scott was more interested in the sets then in him. Where do you guys think Dave is going overboard with his comments?

No offence meant, Stu!

M. Emmet Walsh remembered the smoke room. Rutger Hauer remembered a sheet of glass, between him, and Ford.

Ford had just completed ROTLA, which was all about the big gesture. 

Let's all calm down (insert Scousers clip, here) and reserve our not inconsiderable, and unintelligent judgements, until October.

24 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Alex, anything an actor, director etc says about the films he's doing while its been shot or promoted is 100% advertisement.

Have you

ever heard Liam Neeson say "I'm doing this Luc Besson produced action film right now. The script isnt much, but it's a very well paid trip to Turkey."

No, but he said as much about TPM :lol:

13 minutes ago, Richard said:

Stu, your posts, today, have been outstanding, and I intend to recommend you for promotion...in whatever thread you end up serving (!).

Best speed to Other Topics!

Other Topics?!  Other Topics allowed is not!  Is forum forbidden!

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Oh, come on, guys. Snake oil. He's hardly going to say "well, to be honest, it looks like watered-down shit", is he? To an extent, he's paid to say that.

Well, I mean, sure, but this is Deakins we're talking about. I don't think he's ever made anything that looked even close to "watered-down shit." It's no stretch of the imagination to think that this film is going to look great.