Hlao-roo

17 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Blade Runner was never so sterile. It was richly detailed, atmospheric and full of texture and depth.

Did Deakins fail, Alex? Is Villeneuve wrong for BR?

Ridley Scott made sure everything was used, dirty and wet ... Villeneuve somehow overlooked that fact. We are only getting the neon lights. Maybe Villeneuve sees that as his film having its own identity? The overall look or the production design is not Deakins' fault.

Still, thanks to Deakins, I think 2049 will look incredible. A film to test OLED screens with!

• 3 weeks later...

People still holding out that this might yet be decent then? I keep seeing the thread bumped back to the surface, so there must be quite a lot of interest in it among the usual suspects. My own interest continues to be below zero, but hey you never know! 

His naked glistening torso will levitate up from his bed again, in ecstatic exultation as he drinks in the sights his eyes will have been blessed with, and the sheer honour that is to actually get to process them. He'll then pray that he meets opposition about it all here. 

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Thor will love this, of course!

Thor in more into the Alien franchise.

Hehehehe, thread is bumbed again to annoy Quint.

Are people fuming because I posted new promo material or because the promo material is disappointing? 

If it's the latter, I do agree that the photo with Deckard & Deckard Jr sitting by the seaside is slightly worrisome, not so much because of the obvious CGI, but because I don't want to see a situation like this.

11 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Are people fuming because I posted new promo material or because the promo material is disappointing? 

Nobody is fuming; Quint was being sarcastic, not serious.

2 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Alex has no sense of sarcasm. Even when he misunderstands someone and they spell it out for him, he just reverts back to whatever he thinks is right. 

Who or what did I misunderstand? 

Richard's post about Pearl Harbor in the Older Movies thread the other day, when he was responding to Bilbo's comment about the length of the bombing and you thought he was responding to an unrelated post you made even after it was explained it to you which post he was actually replying to

45 minutes ago, Jay said:

Richard's post about Pearl Harbor in the Older Movies thread the other day, when he was responding to Bilbo's comment about the length of the bombing and you thought he was responding to an unrelated post you made even after it was explained it to you which post he was actually replying to

...anyway, we delivered the bomb :)

If it helps, Alex, there are handy little emoticons. You know :o:lol::), etc.

I used one just now to indicate that I'm not being sarcastic (honest!).

Perhaps, if you are not sure, you could ask JWfaners to clarify what they mean, using said devices.

6 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

New trailer for the movie every JWfanner is waiting for (ahem, ahem, ahem!):

Part of me creaming my jeans at the thought of this film. I've got to keep telling myself that this is thirty years on, and that LA will be different to how it was in November, 2019. 

Visually, if looks fantastic, which, sadly, might be its only selling-point. We'll see. Still, against all better judgement, I like this trailer, and BR2049 might just end-up being the only film worth shelling out for, at the cinema.