Found some original Williams DAT tapes ...

pi

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Pi,

I can't see your photo due to this pesky internet firewall, but from your description and the mention of the shirts on the wall, it sounds like you're at the Streisand scoring stage inside Sony Pictures Studios, is that right?

If I recall, the shirts have something to do with there being one for each Pixar film, but I could easily be confused on that one. I also think there's a bicycle somewhere dangling from the ceiling. Whether that's where you are or not, that place has the best acoustics...John Williams also has a "standing order" there, so if he wants to record something there, it *will* be available for him. I doubt he's ever pulled rank like that, but an interesting tidbit.

Yeh they are toy story shirts, a bunch of Hawaiian shirts stage left with a fresh new toy story 3 jersey on the end.

Yup there is a bike hanging in the back.

And a few other weird things around the podium like a model of Enterprise and some other stuff.

Definately a strange, yet utterly charming room.

Yup...you can't buy those acoustics.

Well....you can rent them, but it's very expensive! HA! :shakehead:

That's where Judy Garland stood in the center with one microphone and recorded "Over the Rainbow" for The Wizard of Oz. Barbra Streisand *hated* having to run from the stage into the production room to listen to a playback, so she gave them a few bazillion bucks to build a singer's booth inside the production room. Hence: "Streisand Scoring Stage."

More info than anybody wants, I'm sure...

I say leave the tapes be: the mystery itself is probably more intriguing and interesting than the actual music on them; and pi is clearly getting off on his newfound attention - such is the way with small time shit of this nature.

If the tapes turn up, I take back what I said and apologise to pi.

I say leave the tapes be: the mystery itself is probably more intriguing and interesting than the actual music on them; and pi is clearly getting off on his newfound attention - such is the way with small time shit of this nature.

If the tapes turn up, I take back what I said and apologise to pi.

Hmm - some interesting reverse psychology here.

Heres a little treat, though I wasn't there that day.

screenshot20110228at534.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Concerning these apparently abandoned JW session tapes, my humble suggestion is to contact the stage manager or some boss at Sony Scoring Studio and point out the anomaly. I'm sure someone will take care of those tapes and will store them properly, or eventually send them back to appropriate people.

Concerning these apparently abandoned JW session tapes, my humble suggestion is to contact the stage manager or some boss at Sony Scoring Studio and point out the anomaly. I'm sure someone will take care of those tapes and will store them properly, or eventually send them back to appropriate people.

I would do the same. You never know, this could indeed save prospects for a release in the (far, far) future.

And how funny would it be if the manager says "who cares, you want them?" ;)

I agree with Maurizio and I wouldn't have even mentioned on a message board that I saw them.

You could tell though you saw them mentioned on a message board...