BloodBoal

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much the epitome of cool.

Neat. :)

I love Bruce Broughton's theme. Steve Bramson did an excellent job scoring the actual series.

I liked the theme very much.

Karol

OK, so I've just finished watching the last episode of The Tudors,

It's a great one. Personally I love the later incarnations (Season 2 onwards) of it though. It sounded better.

Regarding other TV intros, I'm definately with Quint on the Equalizer audio/visual intro (one of my favourite)

Trouble is, I have a list a mile long of British/Euro and U.S intro favourites from chilhood and teen years that are on YouTube, and they're all gems.

Because of that, I just can't pick a favourite from among them but will instead pick a fairly recent show with a great intro (same composer as above)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kzKYij8_uY&feature=related

Law and Order SVU, not the regular Law and Order, or Law and Order Criminal Intent, or Law and Order LA. Or law and order UK.

Does it bother British people the way Americans spell "favorite" and "color" as much as it bothers me that you guys spell it the other way? I generally like the British accents and idioms but that's one thing that doesn't sit well for some reason.

Charlie, I'm sorry.

I'm ashamed.

Does it bother British people the way Americans spell "favorite" and "color" as much as it bothers me that you guys spell it the other way? I generally like the British accents and idioms but that's one thing that doesn't sit well for some reason.

It bothers you because it makes you feel inferior! ;)

I don't how to link, but the opening sequence to "NYPD Blue" (without a single shadow of a doubt, the greatest cop show EVER, so don't even bother trying to type a riposte!!!) is brilliant. The combination of Mike Post's percussion-led score, and the MTV-style cutting, gave the titles an immediate eye-catching, and ear-popping uniqueness. Whenever I saw Sharron Lawrence smile, it was like a 1000-watt light bulb being turned on in my heart (I mean it; that woman is beautiful).

(without a single shadow of a doubt, the greatest cop show EVER, so don't even bother trying to type a riposte!!!)

Nope, Miami Vice was better.

NO...IT...WAS...NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Nothing else even comes close:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdVivT0ShC4

Sorry, Pixie, Jon Pertwee (version 2) was better, and if you want to post that, then be my guest. Just don't even think about posting "TOATL". :lol:

Of those mentioned, I love:

- Knight Rider (great stuff)

- The Fall Guy (one of my favorites as a kid)

- Star Trek: Voyager (best ST opening, IMO)

- The Incredible Hulk (that piano just nailed it)

- Magnum, P.I. (in the days of CHiPs and T.J. Hooker, this one was actually way ahead of its time)

But I get to throw in a new one myself--and not just any favorite, but the greatest T.V. opener of all time. This show really got a theme that was better than the material--the original BG could never get past its retro look and overcooked-grilled-cheese feel, but the music made it feel like it was a movie on television (almost a Star Wars movie, at that). The narrative intro also gave it more depth. Even the music for the post-theme guest-cast listing put you in the proper, epic mood.

What show am I talking about? What else?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHD1uPVkyk0

Goosebumps! After all these years, still the goosebumps!

- Uni

Omen II, excellent clip, never heard of that one before. And it stars the Lost main character! (I still like Poirot more, though :))

Nigel Hess is probably best known internationally for his score for Ladies In Lavender, but he has written some great TV themes. As well as Wycliffe, Dangerfield and Hetty Wainthropp Investigates are particularly catchy. I recommend

this CD if you think you might like to hear more of his music for the small screen.

This one's a little before my time, but whether or not you like football there's no denying that the theme tune for The Big Match by David Ordini is a classic:

Makes me want to go outside and have a kick around in the garden right now! Jumpers for goalposts, etc.

Couple of Classics for ya, from Britain.

Primary School Brainwashing, before main feature. Sit down, watch revolving box with surreal music, be hypnotised, absorb, believe. :blink:

Music for a damn serious topic program,where things are serious and it's all descending into hell. Whistleblowers, joblessness etc. Beware, it's 'serious'. :o

For many British Boys,that nude sillhouette dancing lady was one of our first tastes of erotica while still a preteen. Weird and sometimes disturbing show.

It's the same track.;)

not at all.

Law and Order is to Law and Order SVU

as is

Goldsmiths original unused enterprise theme is the the used theme.

For many British Boys,that nude sillhouette dancing lady was one of our first tastes of erotica while still a preteen. Weird and sometimes disturbing show.

The Anglia Knight - that really takes me back to the early 80s living in Norfolk! Not something I *ever* expected to see at JWFan!

I'd like to nominate another Anglia programme for best title sequence - the really rather good Knightmare.

Anyone saying Lost just demonstrates their Giacchino fanboyism.

Anyone saying Star Trek TNG is just a Star Trek TNG nerd. It's just a watered down version of STTMP. Go listen to that score for the real thing

Anyone saying Star Trek TNG is just a Star Trek TNG nerd. It's just a watered down version of STTMP. Go listen to that score for the real thing

But in the end we're talking the video sequence+audio or the music???

Also, Giacchino didn't make the Lost opening noise.

yes the Lost opening was pretty lame.

The Anglia Knight - that really takes me back to the early 80s living in Norfolk! Not something I *ever* expected to see at JWFan!

I'd like to nominate another Anglia programme for best title sequence - the really rather good Knightmare.

Strange to think that the man who wrote the music for this, also wrote the theme to something that we should all be familiar with...

I love the Enterprise's Mirror universe Alternate opening credits.

Strange to think that the man who wrote the music for this, also wrote the theme to something that we should all be familiar with...

Yes, The Prisoner does have a catchy theme tune. ;)

Yes, The Prisoner does have a catchy theme tune. ;)

Actually, I was thinking of "Steptoe And Son". :lol:

An absolute masterpiece of opening titles sorcery. That shit used to freak me out! Brilliant.

Black Beauty (TV Series of the famous character,in the early 70s).

Everyone loves that theme, and a friend pointed out lately just how clever that camera work was on the intro.

HartBeat (UK Kids Art show hosted by the ever so English 'Tony Hart'. Mid 80s or so)

Great pulsy synth theme and clever intro graphics. One comment described it perfectly - "Blimey. It's like Kraftwerk after tea and biscuits" :P