The Official Tadlow Thread

Ollie

• 4 weeks later...

James Fitzpatrick says:

Release Date of next Prometheus John Barry produced by Tadlow Music is NOV 25th...official announcement on NOV 18th...

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=105435&forumID=1

• 2 months later...

It is interesting how these re-recordings and the complete releases of the original tracks seem to coincide with some of these major titles, in Tadlow's case The Conan the Barbarian and The Obsession. I know it is pure chance but let's hope that doesn't scare Fitzpatrick from re-recording JWs Dracula at some point.

Conan The Barbarian came out quite a while after the Tadlow though.

Yeah I remember there was talk of the release of the original tracks during the time the re-recording came out.

Oh I had forgotten that Fitzpatrick planned the re-record The Blue Max but then LLL set came out so they didn't do it.

Why doesn't Tadlow make a list of possible candidates and send it to all competitors? it can't be so hard to reach out to 10 small companies to inquire about upcoming releases so that they don't run into these inconveniences all the time.

Why doesn't Tadlow make a list of possible candidates and send it to all competitors? it can't be so hard to reach out to 10 small companies to inquire about upcoming releases so that they don't run into these inconveniences all the time.

Sounds like a pretty good and simple idea. Perhaps too simple for them to think about it.

So if you're Mr. Varése or Mr. LLL, you deny answering a simple question with 'better don't do these 3 things right now, we're negotiating' because...? What disadvantage could stem from that?

Oh I had forgotten that Fitzpatrick planned the re-record The Blue Max but then LLL set came out so they didn't do it.

I have all three releases of the score and I'd pay premium price for a Tadlow recording.

• 3 weeks later...

James Fitzpatrick says, about their version of Obsession:

Final mixing of new recording next week in 5.1 etc...
All the sleeve notes are done....but I am on the lookout for some decent quality photos of Bernard Herrmann...if anyone has any please email me at tadlowmusic@hotmail.com

• 2 months later...

Here's a larger version of the pic that pub posted:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/11157543_780341768728382_1261424148854526738_o.jpg

And here's the other pic that went up at the same time, kinda funny

11181946_780341765395049_680617387032789

https://www.facebook.com/tadlowmusic2/posts/660058984128100

I think The Blue Max will be the first Tadlow Recording I will buy!

James Fitzpatrick has revealed that they will also re-record Jerry Goldsmith's Inchon

https://www.facebook.com/tadlowmusic/videos/782124341883458/

That is awesome news! The score is really good, even if it seems like Patton and Tora! Tora! Tora! in one, The first time I heard, it was my wish to have it got a re-recording. It needs one badly!

Karol

Dracula! Give us John Williams' Dracula Mr. Fitzpatrick!

Yeah I relatively recently bought the LLL release but will certainly buy this as well. :)

I just hope the recording is just a wee bit less hot in the mastering department. INCHON would be great though if more Goldsmith, i'd prefer LIONHEART... :yes:

I just hope the recording is just a wee bit less hot in the mastering department. INCHON would be great though if more Goldsmith, i'd prefer LIONHEART... :yes:

And Rambo III.

I skipped the LLL Blue Max because the Intrada was enough for me, but I might get a Tadlow rerecording.

The LLL is a significant improvement where sound quality is concerned.

I sold my (still sealed) Intrada The Blue Max off for a profit as soon as LLL announced their version. That was a freebie.

tumblr_lmz44e6q2I1ql19sko1_500.gif