The Official Tadlow Thread

Ollie

What I really think is one of Tadlow's strongest points is that their re-recordings are always (?) done at more or less exactly the same tempo as the original. The Morgan/Stromberg re-recordings, for example, whilst obviously well produced and neatly performed, never really synch up with the picture.

Some cues can benefit from a slightly slower or faster tempo, but in general, I'd prefer a re-recording to be done at the same tempo as the original.

Their Conan turned me into a fan of this score.

Karol

Ditto.

Their El Cid recording is one of the most beloved albums in my entire soundtrack collection.

A brilliant re-recording and also a cherished part of my collection as well.

What I really think is one of Tadlow's strongest points is that their re-recordings are always (?) done at more or less exactly the same tempo as the original. The Morgan/Stromberg re-recordings, for example, whilst obviously well produced and neatly performed, never really synch up with the picture.

I don't generally need that of a re-recording, though it's nice in those cases where the original recording is for some reason not available, or has sound or performance issues.

With The Blue Max, I'd love to have a full recordings with the tempi Goldsmith conducted at the 2001 LSO concert. My favourite performance of the score, but the Nerys recording obviously doesn't sound too good.

But I'm sure I'll be very happy with whatever they do, which is most likely the original film tempo.

• 2 weeks later...

James Fitzpatrick on Sodom and Gomorrah

Final day of editing and mixing tomorrow...sounds fantastic...performance enthusiastically amazing....140 minutes of Rozsa at his best!

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=109372&forumID=1&archive=0

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Tadlow to release Miklós Rózsa's Sodom and Gomorrah on 28th of September!

PROMETHEUS RECORDS & TADLOW MUSIC
Present

The World Premiere Recording of the Complete Score to
SODOM AND GOMORRAH
Composed by
MIKLÓS RÓZSA

A Special Collectors Edition 2 CD Set featuring one of the greatest film scores from the Composer of BEN-HUR * EL CID * SPELLBOUND * THE THIEF OF BAGDAD * THE JUNGLE BOPOK * QUO VADIS * KING OF KINGS * MADAME BOVARY * THE PRIVATE LIFE OF SHERLOCK HOLMES

• The Complete 137-minute Score
  • Includes Premiere Recording of the Complete 14-minute “Battle of the Dam” cue
  • Deluxe 2 CD Set with full Colour Booklet including stills/posters from the movie
  • Newly Recorded in Stunning and Dynamic Digital Sound
  • Performed by the Acclaimed and Award-Winning City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra and Chorus Conducted by Nic Raine
  • Produced by James Fitzpatrick for Prometheus Records
  • New Score & Orchestration Reconstructed from various sources by Leigh Philips
  • Informative Sleeve Notes by Frank K DeWald
  • Bonus Track : The World Premiere of “Answer to a Dream” for Violin and Orchestra performed by Lucie Svehlova

Recording Produced by James Fitzpatrick for Prometheus Records
Executive Producer: Luc Van De Ven

CD 1

1. THEME and ANSWER TO A DREAM (5:00)
2. OVERTURE (5:03)
3. PRELUDE / TAMAR RIDES OUT* (6:25)
4. THE DESERT (2:32)
5. THE MEETING / THE CITY OF SODOM AND GOMORRAH* (0:48)
6. THE GATES OF SODOM / PALACE DANCE* (4:00)
7. THE TORTURE OF TAMAR (2:51)
8. LYRE MUSIC (1:20)
9. THE QUEEN’S FAVOURITE (2:00)
10. THE JORDAN (3:05)
11. THE CHOSEN PEOPLE / GOOD FORTUNE* (3:40)
12. CHILDREN’S GAME (1:39)
13. THE PRICE OF FREEDOM / ASTAROTH’S DEFEAT (5:45)
14. THE PRAYER (0:54)
15. ANSWER TO A DREAM (3:12)
16. THE QUARRY (1:07)
17. THE HAND READING (2:03)
18. MARCH OF THE ELAMITES (1:08)
19. THE QUEEN’S BATH / LYRE MUSIC 2* (0:57)
20. THE DAM / LOT’S THREAT (2:40)
21. RIVER PASTORALE / LOT’S PROPOSAL / ILDITH’S FEAR (6:12)
22. THE WEDDING (1:29)
23. FAREWELL and MARCH OF THE HEBREWS** / HEBREWS’ MARCH INTO SODOM** (4:26)

TT: 68:25

CD 2

1. ATTACK ON THE HEBREW CAMP* / DECOY (3:31)
2. BATTLE OF THE DAM** (14:18)
3. VICTORY MARCH (0:58)
4. THE RETURN* (0:24)
5. WELCOME TO SODOM (1:34)
6. INTERMISSION* (0:52)
7. INTERMEZZO (6:05)
8. WITHIN THE WALLS OF SODOM (1:32)
9. THE WILL OF JEHOVAH / JEALOUSY (4:57)
10. DANCE OF THE TWINS / DANCE OF THE SINNERS (6:15)
11. ESCAPING SLAVES / ASTAROTH AND LOT CONFLICT (3:30)
12. THE PRISON (1:10)
13. MESSENGERS OF JEHOVAH / LOT FREED* (2:43)
14. FREE AGAIN / LOT’S MISSION (3:11)
15. EXODUS – HEBREWS LEAVE SODOM* / THE DESTRUCTION OF SODOM (5:26)
16. THE PILLAR OF SALT and FINALE (3:37)
17. EPILOGUE (2:49)
18. ANSWER TO A DREAM (for Solo Violin and Orchestra) (World Premiere Recording) (5:47)

TT: 68:44

*Previously Unreleased
**Contains Previously Unreleased Music

Catalogue Number: XPCD 178

Release Date: SEPTEMBER 28th 2015

Released to Coincide with

EPIC HOLLYWOOD

THE FILM MUSIC OF MIKLOS ROZSA

On SEPTEMBER 28th in Prague The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra Conducted by Nic Raine will be giving the Classic Film Music Concert of the year!

incl BEN-HUR, THE THIEF OF BAGDAD, QUO VADIS, EL CID, KING OF KINGS, SODOM AND GOMORRAH, THE PRIVATE LIFE OF SHERLOCK HOLMES, IVANHOE, THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD

TICKETS AVAILABLE FROM

http://www.ticketpro.cz/jnp/en/hudba/klasicka-hudba-operni-arie/1605998-the-city-of-prague-philharmonic-orchestra-epic-holywood.html

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That'd sound good if not for BSX Records' baffling policy of brickwalling its remasters.

Tadlow does this sometimes too though. Really, I'm just hoping for the full score -- the reason it's never been released complete was that Horner didn't like the performance after all. Thankfully, we know from Tadlow's previous releases that they're more than capable of knocking it out of the park!

• 2 weeks later...

12314265_878333325595892_162818393235225

Due to land early next year ... with such a plethora of releases at the moment, I am saving this for next year so that people have time to save up their pennies after the Christmas rush ! But, if I say so myself, I am rather happy with everything about this release especially the performance of The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra and Chorus who enjoy playing Goldsmith almost as much as they do performing Rozsa ....!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=878333325595892&set=a.122257634536802.22824.100002576978541&type=3&theater

A bit odd to be sure but perhaps they felt just because they can and thought this was a good chance to add a few to the discs?

I just want to hear this score in the context of modern recording environment. Besides, Tadlow released some really fantastic Goldsmith recordings in the past few years:

Karol

I just want to hear this score in the context of modern recording environment.

Karol

Ditto!

Thanks for educating the slow-witted , boys.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

My pleasure as always.

Kirjoitettu näppäimistöllä suomeksi tietokoneeltani.

Some raw (very raw) footage from Blue Max sessions ....but not from that score...one of my fav Goldsmith main titles ...orchestra backing track rehearsal before adding ethnic stuff....

Posted by

James Fitzpatrick

on Sonntag, 6. Dezember 2015

• 4 weeks later...

Also, James posted this:

Tadlow Music will have a special announcement tomorrow about some New titles .......

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=113311&forumID=1&archive=0

I assume its Blue Max and Inchon, but I suppose he could have some surprises up his sleeve too?