• Announcements

• Jay

Donate to JWFan, win a CD!   05/30/17

Hello!

We are significantly behind on our funds for keeping JWFan alive, and need to collect donations again.
      As an incentive, I am offering a series of free CDS to anyone who donates over a certain amount!   Donate at least $10 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $250 goal:   Tyler Bates - God of War; Ascension (OST, La La Land Records) Danny Elfman - Planet of the Apes (OST, Sony) Danny Elfman - Taking Woodstock (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Identity Thief (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (OST) Michael Giacchino - Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (OST, Varese Sarabande) Dave Holmes & Various - Ocean's 11 (OST, WB Records) Joel McNeely & Various - Hollywood '94 (Varese Sarabande) Joe Kraemer - Jack Reacher (OST, La La Land Records) John Williams - Born on the Fourth of July (OST, MCA Records)   Donate at least $20 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $500 goal:   John Barry - First Love (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - The Challenge (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - In Harm's Way (2009 Intrada edition) Jerry Goldsmith - The Red Pony (Varese) Alan Silvestri - Dutch (La La Land) Shirley Walker - Willard (La La Land) John Williams - Family Plot (Varese Sarabande) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $30 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $750 goal:   James Horner - Gorky Park (OOP Kritzerland Edition) James Newton Howard - Outbreak (2CD, Varese Deluxe Edition) Laurence Rosenthal - Clash of the Titans (2CD, Intrada) John Williams - The Fury (2CD, La La Land) John Williams - Jane Eyre (OOP, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $50 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $1,000 goal:   Jerry Fielding - The Wild Bunch (3CD, FSM) Ira Newborn - The Naked Gun trilogy (3CD, La La Land) Shirley Walker and Various - Batman: The Animated Series Volume 3 (4CD, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer     All shipping will be paid by me to anywhere in the world!   I will pull names from a hat for each pool, and you get to pick whatever CD set you want if I pull your name!   To be eligible, leave your JWFan username in the comments area of your donation.  If you want to donate but not be in the running for a free CD, mention that in the comment.   Use this link or the link on the mainpage.       Thank you!   Jason, Ricard, and Andreas.
El Jefe

The Official Tadlow Thread

294 posts in this topic

Mr. James Fitzpatrick from Tadlow has been discussing some upcoming releases he's working on

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS:

3 years ago I was going to do a new complete recording of THE TEN COMMANDMENTS but was put of doing so by Intrada as they were going to issue "the ultimate" Ten Commandments set. Wish I had gone ahead with the recording now.

THE BLUE MAX:

Still have to to a new recording of BLU MAX sometime as had all the score and pats done and a recording date set when LaLa then announce their edition...

OBSESSION

And the Herrmann score I will be re-recording in just a few weeks will now also have a re-release just about the same time I wanted to release my recording... a case of bad timing?
Well I'm not doing NNW ... but OBSESSION complete.... while another label will be issuing the original tracks. However, I might well do both a stereo and surround sound mix as this would really be good for the organ and choir bits...
Hopefully people will like the new recording as I will be using slightly larger forces than Herrmann used...rather than 4 hours...which Herrmann was not too happy with, apparently .. I will be using 8 horns stereo split 4 and 4 as well as stereo violins, stereo harps etc...

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=106229&forumID=1&archive=0

OBSESSION

And the Herrmann score I will be re-recording in just a few weeks will now also have a re-release just about the same time I wanted to release my recording... a case of bad timing?
Well I'm not doing NNW ... but OBSESSION complete.... while another label will be issuing the original tracks. However, I might well do both a stereo and surround sound mix as this would really be good for the organ and choir bits...
http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=106229&forumID=1&archive=0

HrG5DHm.gif

Omen II likes this

Great news!

Hmm, and this just got announced for a reissue of the older set that sold out. I was going to pick that one up, or should I wait for this?

So for Rio Conchos you wish you had not bought the rerecording that came out just before the reissue of the original tracks... But now for Sodam and Gomorrah you are pondering if you should not buy the original tracks to wait for the rerecording? Make up your mind Koko!

My brother bough the first release, so I have mp3s of the original recording. I just wanted to physically own it in my collection, but it would probably be best to wait and have both, right? Especially if the reissue isn't remastered.

The sound on that digimovies double cd set of Sodom and Gomorrah is pretty dismal, though. The sound on the 40 minute cd is reasonable. But if you don't have neither, I would most definitely recommend for you to wait for the re-recording

No question about that. Though i'm not keen on Rózsa's dense action music in either incarnation. The themes are gorgeous, though.

I know no one believes this, but weeks go by where I dont think about post count at all.

Tapatalk allows me to totally ignore post count. I have to hunt for them. I never realized Stef's odometer rolled past 70.

I know no one believes this, but weeks go by where I dont think about post count at all.

Prove it! Do not post any "Indeed", "sigh" or "Agreed"-only posts for an entire month!

It is interesting how these re-recordings and the complete releases of the original tracks seem to coincide with some of these major titles, in Tadlow's case The Conan the Barbarian and The Obsession. I know it is pure chance but let's hope that doesn't scare Fitzpatrick from re-recording JWs Dracula at some point.

Conan The Barbarian came out quite a while after the Tadlow though.

Conan The Barbarian came out quite a while after the Tadlow though.

Yeah I remember there was talk of the release of the original tracks during the time the re-recording came out.

Oh I had forgotten that Fitzpatrick planned the re-record The Blue Max but then LLL set came out so they didn't do it.

Why doesn't Tadlow make a list of possible candidates and send it to all competitors? it can't be so hard to reach out to 10 small companies to inquire about upcoming releases so that they don't run into these inconveniences all the time.