Sign in to follow this  
Hauben

Hello

Hello!

I’m from Belgium (Europe), 27 years old and a fan of film scores, John Williams’ scores in particular.

I’m a music teacher in a high school and use a lot of soundtracks in my classes. Obviously, there’s a picture of John Williams on the class wall! ;)

Apart from that, I play the piano and from time to time, I like to write a bit of music.

I found out about this place some years ago and thought I’d finally join the discussions.

Welcome Hauben!

What John Williams music do you use in your class the most?

Thanks!

It depends on the subject really. I try to use as much variation as possible. For strings I like to use Memoirs of a Geisha/Schindler's list/Far and Away,

for brass & woodwinds mostly Star Wars/Indaian Jones/The Terminal, for celesta Home Alone/Harry Potter... Most of the time my students know the music and

are really surprised that it's all been written by one guy. Around christmas, we always sing "somewhere in my memory", which they really like.

And in one group, I do some thematic classes around film scores, in which we watch Last Crusade and discuss the music (themes - functions of music...).

After we've done that, they have to pick one movie themselves and do a little review of the film score. They really enjoy doing that.

Welcome Hauben!

Thanks!

It depends on the subject really. I try to use as much variation as possible. For strings I like to use Memoirs of a Geisha/Schindler's list/Far and Away,

for brass & woodwinds mostly Star Wars/Indaian Jones/The Terminal, for celesta Home Alone/Harry Potter... Most of the time my students know the music and

are really surprised that it's all been written by one guy. Around christmas, we always sing "somewhere in my memory", which they really like.

And in one group, I do some thematic classes around film scores, in which we watch Last Crusade and discuss the music (themes - functions of music...).

After we've done that, they have to pick one movie themselves and do a little review of the film score. They really enjoy doing that.

Welcome,

How big is your class?

Welcome Hauben!

Thanks!

Welcome,

How big is your class?

Thanks! It depends on what group I teach, usually around 15 - 25 pupils or so.