Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: unreleased? where?

does anyone know where to get the music from the quidditch match in the 2nd film (there are numerous parts that are NEW compared to the first film, like this new action bit featured in HP2 tv trailers recently). and also, how about the music whre harry stabs the basilisk's tooth in the book and destroys tom? is there a bootleg out there or something?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i might be able to do it within a few days. no details how. but if i accomplish it, i'll certainly share.

Sounds great:). Please drop me a line when you've done so, hopefully we could trade :roll:

Best Regards

Markuz (markus1986@lycos.com)

It sounds awesome that you're getting the unreleased cues from The Chamber of Secrets. Do you think you could drop me a line when you get them? Thanks!-Heir_of_Slytherin

dannywitwer@yahoo.com

The basilisk fight music is new... but the music that plays when Harry is stabbing the book and Riddle is dying is taken directly from "The Face of Voldemort" from the first film with some editing.

(this is who started the thread, finally got registered)

ok, you're right about that.

but i know for a FACT that there is new music from HP2's quidditch match that is on NEITHER of the films soundtracks. i know the music from HP2's quiddicth macth DOES use some from HP1's, but it does have new material as well. its not great new material, but it is an action bit when they are being chased by the rogue bludger. its sort of repetitive but neat. besides, i like ALL action cues. and like i said, this music i describe is also in very recent TV trailers for HP2.

hopefully this guy who claims that he will get these unreleased tracks will have this one! :)

Erol also has a theme, but since the owl isn't in the film all that much we don't hear it much. twice i heard it, and to be honest, i think it's better than Hedwig's theme. more magical and lyrical. there is also some intimate underscore cues at the Weasleys house which is quite good. that's about all i can think of now.

Ted

That must be what I was asking about a couple weeks ago, the music when Errol delivers the Howler. I love it! Ted, is it the same as the music in Track 1 of CoS, when we see Ron's face appear at the window (I think it's around 1:20)?

Ray Barnsbury

no it isn't. it's actually a different theme altogether. the theme you're referring to is sort of like a mini-theme for Ron, since it is also in the sorting hat scene from the first film when Ron is being sorted. this new theme, which i have not heard before, is heard the two times that erol shows up in Chamber of Secrets, when he flies into the window and the howler. it's a neat little theme, definitely similar to hedwig's theme but with a little more delight. hope i was of some assistance.

Ted