Official JWFan mock ups and fan-made recordings thread!

Jay

If I sent you a few other cues from JP in Finale MIDI format, would you run them through your program, too?
It's not so much "running it through", but more like "giving each and every note their proper instrument and play style". It does take quite a while, but you should upload your MIDIs anyway... I might pick another one now and then :)

Hey guys...

Well, it's "a day late and a dollar short" as they say. (Somewhere.) But, here's my take on this Jurassic Park cartoon thing. There's been several fantastic versions posted already, but since I promised BTR that I would do it, here it is in lossy and WAV formats:

http://www.multiupload.com/UP23CK0CUS

Also: Please ignore the wacky pitch waver in the glock part at right around 2:02 or so. (Oh yeah...You'll notice it!) If anyone wants, I can fix that when I get back to work Monday and do a re-post.

This is a fun little piece of music, and just highlights Williams' abilities...this is, for all purposes, a goofy little thing to have to write (in the grand scheme of all he had to write in that entire score), but he did it so well.

I've given "Baby Lifts Lorry A" a shot (hope it's the right alternate one?) it has the "Entrance" part before it though - seemed so short otherwise.

http://www.box.net/shared/8zf1pmmraek9n18ovfd4

Awesome Lundquist! What softtware do you use?

I used Cinematic Strings, VSL woodwinds, Project SAM True Strike and Cinebrass.

oh, and if anyone want it in Lossless just let me know.

For those of you who have the ROTS sheet music, could you by chance do a mock-up of the last cord from the OST material from "Lament" that goes into the previously unreleased material from Galaxies? I've never been happy with edits in that section of the cue and would love to have it clean, even if it was a synth mock-up.

I used Cinematic Strings, VSL woodwinds, Project SAM True Strike and Cinebrass.

oh, and if anyone want it in Lossless just let me know.

Yes, I always like the Cinebrass samples, although I have never used them...I'm tempted to pick those up sometime. Brass instruments always seem to me to be the hardest to get an authentic sound. Something about the way some of them are recorded just doesn't cut it - many of them just don't adequately capture the overtones from the brass, which Cinebrass seems to do a little better.

Hey guys...

Well, it's "a day late and a dollar short" as they say. (Somewhere.) But, here's my take on this Jurassic Park cartoon thing. There's been several fantastic versions posted already, but since I promised BTR that I would do it, here it is in lossy and WAV formats:

Also: Please ignore the wacky pitch waver in the glock part at right around 2:02 or so. (Oh yeah...You'll notice it!) If anyone wants, I can fix that when I get back to work Monday and do a re-post.

This is a fun little piece of music, and just highlights Williams' abilities...this is, for all purposes, a goofy little thing to have to write (in the grand scheme of all he had to write in that entire score), but he did it so well.

Sounds fantastic. The only instrument that comes across as being kind of electronic and not all that real-sounding is the bassoon. Seems like everyone's version has one instrument that just doesn't seem as real as all the others. Fascinating to hear how the entire feel of the piece changes depending on who's version it is, and what software they're using.

Hey guys...

Sounds fantastic. The only instrument that comes across as being kind of electronic and not all that real-sounding is the bassoon. Seems like everyone's version has one instrument that just doesn't seem as real as all the others. Fascinating to here how the entire feel of the piece changes depending on who's version it is, and what software they're using.

Thanks...VSL's bassoon patch is typically quite good, the problem here is that (until you pointed it out) I forgot that I had it doubled with the bassoon sample from MOTU's "Symphonic Instruments" software. Doubling them is nice for large works, but for things like this with lots of exposed/solo parts, it's nice to just have the one sound for authenticity. I'm going to re-record it to edit that little waver in the glock part (of all things!) near the end, and will change that too. [No clue WHY that stupid glock thing happened...ahh, technology.]

here is a list of unreleased/unrecorded superman cues I would like mockup'ed

Sunday Meeting

To Earth (Unused)

Fortress of Solitude (new start) [unused]

To The Lair (Original)

and Racing the Train (unused)

just a reminder (seeing as there isnt a list of requested mockups on the OP yet)

Here is version 1 of my Episode 3 1M5 Elevator Scene missing snippet:

It's a first draft, and I'm guesstimating since I don't have the sheet music for this scene in front of me (I'm trying to test my memory to see if the instruments I use are correct). To me, the horns sound fine, it's more the trombone I'm worried about.

EDIT: Use this one instead. It sounded fine in FL Studio, then I compared it and it was actually a few octaves higher than i thought it was... had to fiddle with the Master Pitch dial in FL Studio. Plus I lowered the volume of the tuba as it comes in.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VBYZ7YNB

EDIT #2: Can somebody tell me which pages the bits we don't have of I Am the Senate are? I created one mockup of the solo horn/violin bit that leads into the Across the Stars theme, but I want to create the rest of the bits that play to the Force Lightning.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bumping, I know, but I thought I'd post this: It's a small section of what I'm told is the ending to "Finding the Conveyor Belt" in AOTC. It's just the horn bit that was in one of the Bounty Hunter files, and since I don't have the actual sheet for this (I would love to find it), I just basically guessed this (since in the game it's covered with percussion from earlier in the cue, making it unusable). The harp seems off to me though.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T84ZU6GB

That's actually part of the middle of "Finding the Conveyor Belt", not the end. That Bounty Hunter file first has the frantic strings stuff (with the percussion overlaid onto it), and then this part comes in, which is exactly how it's supposed to flow. That's not an edit in the Bounty Hunter file. Moreover, although the percussion isn't supposed to be over the strings, it actually IS supposed to be there in the part you've mocked up. The percussion is supposed to come back in with the brass, so that part of the file is actually totally usable. Anyway, the quieter music with the three descending trombone notes comes next, as you've done in your mockup, but then it transitions into some music that hasn't surfaced anywhere. It's a mechanical rhythm that builds in the muted brass and percussion, leading into a brief reprise of the frantic strings and the end of the cue, as heard in the OST track.

As I said, I didn't know as I didn't have any sheet music. I was also unaware that the percussion there is actually correct in the Bounty Hunter file - I assumed that because it wasn't meant to be there for the frantic strings, it wasn't meant to be there in the horn bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Could you post it in .wav format? For some reason, your FLAC is unrecognized to my editors and Windows Media Player.

Could you post it in .wav format? For some reason, your FLAC is unrecognized to my editors and Windows Media Player.

I will post it tomorrow.

Hey guys,

So a while back, I wrote out some music from "Pirates of the Caribbean" for the Air Force Band, and the performance got postponed...so, they played it as part of their 4th of July tour a few weeks ago. (No, it's not patriotic [unless you're a pirate], but it fit nicely on the program since the recent Pirates movie just came out.) I pieced together a few different film cues that I think resulted in a fairly decent concert arrangement, although those who are really familiar with the original score may feel a little schizophrenic listening to it.

Here is a recording of the version I did for the group - unfortunately, I don't have a recording of anything but the first time they played it in a rehearsal a couple weeks before the 4th of July tour, and it was recorded with just the standard single-mic setup we have in the main rehearsal room just to get a proof, so recording quality is adequate at best. Since all the tour performances were outdoors, a recording of one of those wouldn't have been anything great. So, keep in mind that this is the first time they'd played through this....there are a number of wrong notes, flubs, etc. that are just standard sight-reading things. This is the first time our Commander had seen it also, so some tempos are a little wacky.

http://www.multiupload.com/VTGFN81JX2

P.S. - I am moving to San Antonio in a week, so much of my gear (including my studio monitors) is packed. Therefore, I can't listen to this on anything but the computer's internal speakers. If the volume is horribly quiet or loud, somebody let me know and I'll try to fix it.

here is a list of unreleased/unrecorded superman cues I would like to have a mockups

Sunday Meeting

To Earth (Unused)

Fortress of Solitude (new start) [unused]

To The Lair (Original)

and Racing the Train (unused)

just a reminder (seeing as there isn't a list of requested mockups on the OP yet)

Well was hoping Jack would have finished his version of "Get 'Em, R2!" the unreleased/unused section that we don't have clean by now. Guess he has forgotten about it...

Yes, a full mockup would be great.

Hey guys,

So a while back, I wrote out some music from "Pirates of the Caribbean" for the Air Force Band, and the performance got postponed...so, they played it as part of their 4th of July tour a few weeks ago. (No, it's not patriotic [unless you're a pirate], but it fit nicely on the program since the recent Pirates movie just came out.) I pieced together a few different film cues that I think resulted in a fairly decent concert arrangement, although those who are really familiar with the original score may feel a little schizophrenic listening to it.

Here is a recording of the version I did for the group - unfortunately, I don't have a recording of anything but the first time they played it in a rehearsal a couple weeks before the 4th of July tour, and it was recorded with just the standard single-mic setup we have in the main rehearsal room just to get a proof, so recording quality is adequate at best. Since all the tour performances were outdoors, a recording of one of those wouldn't have been anything great. So, keep in mind that this is the first time they'd played through this....there are a number of wrong notes, flubs, etc. that are just standard sight-reading things. This is the first time our Commander had seen it also, so some tempos are a little wacky.

http://www.multiupload.com/VTGFN81JX2

P.S. - I am moving to San Antonio in a week, so much of my gear (including my studio monitors) is packed. Therefore, I can't listen to this on anything but the computer's internal speakers. If the volume is horribly quiet or loud, somebody let me know and I'll try to fix it.

It sounds really great for a first time! The arrangement is great, too.

so you actually have Tin-Tin? great :D

and regarding your sig.. Jason:

Are you just showing off, or is this a joke of yours?

What? Tintin? Did i miss sometin?

ah I see Jay changed his signature now for some reason...

he was listening to two rec. session tracks from tintin - and he was asking for an accordion.. soo I thought.... ;)

I bet he's like :unsure: mixed with :whistle:

(joke!)

ah I see Jay changed his signature now for some reason...

he was listening to two rec. session tracks from tintin - and he was asking for an accordion.. soo I thought.... ;)

He doesnt have recording sessions tracks.....its possible he might have some of the sheet music from Filmcomposer15....

Just because an mp3 is tagged in a certain way doesn't mean its actually the thing the tag claims it to be. People fake stuff all the time.