Jurassic Park cue list and complete score discussion

Datameister

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job, datameister. I had a really nice time listening through your extremely well made edit ( as well as TLW too). Top notch :)

Yeah there are some really nice samples out there. If only they weren't so expensive. Lol. I still need to find a good sequencer to playback samples. Years back I wanted to get gigastudio, but I think that software died...

If you're looking for a sequencer or DAW, I'd recommend REAPER. Only $40 for a personal license (after a no-limitations free trial), and it's quite full-featured. :D But yeah, sample libraries can be ridiculously expensive.

Hmmm I will definitely try it. Do you know off top of your head if it is compatable with the VSL samples?

Is the beginning of "Eye to Eye" not used in the film?

From the cue list it looks like it was to appear during the first stop at the T-Rex paddock. It sounds like it was re-written for the beginning of TLW.

Is the beginning of "Eye to Eye" not used in the film?

None of it's used. In the score it's called "Goat Bait."

Check out Good Muscian's synch-up with the film.

I know what you mean about the LOST WORLD comparison though. There's the same 'music box' synth sound, sinister string portamenti playful flute figure etc..

After listening to some mockups of unreleased material, I chose to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVRHNWGRyPY

I reconstructed the Carnivore Motif statment in the T-Rex chase, using a stretched, pitch shifted snippet from Into The Kitchen

anyone?

• 1 year later...

- Any particular reason why Opening Titles slate number is 1MA instead of 1M1 (and Incident At Isla Nublar 1M1 instead of 1M2, etc...)? Same question for 10MA.

1m1 was probably written first, then later they decided the opening logos should have music, so it became 1mA.

- 2M2 is Las Gaviotas for sure, right?

If that's the name of the source cue that plays in that scene, then sure!

- Does anyone know why we have 3M2 followed by 3M2A then 3M3? I know 3M2 is suppose to segue into 3M2A, but then why not rename 3M2 as 3M2A and 3M2A as 3M2B, then?

Nothing unusual here at all. 3m2 and 3m3 were probably written first, then they needed a cue to go in between, so it became 3m2a.

- Why does 6M1 not appear? Is it because they planned to use tracked music for whatever scene goes there?

More than likely 6m2 and 6m3 were written first, and numbered as such because they thought there would be a cue earlier in reel 6... but then later they ended up not needing one (either because the scene was deleted, they decided the scene should play with no music, or decided the scene should play with tracked music)

It just feels weird. Has anything liked that ever happened with cue lists? Most of the time, when a cue number is missing, isn't it because it's source music, or planned tracked music?

It happens ALL the time. This is actually the common reason, the "planned tracked music" thing is a relatively new occurance

Bloodboal,

Jason is right about missing cues. Most of the time if a slate number (and cue) is not present IE: 6m1 it's because the scene did not have any music. At least that's most likely been the case with a movie like this.

• 2 weeks later...

I figure this is the place to put this. Recently I noticed something about the score and John's Genius surfacing once again.

For those of you with the piano book that came out by Hal Leonard, please check me on this.

In " Welcome, to Jurassic Park". Look at the second section of the piece when the key changes to B flat.

when the trumpet theme plays ... probably the second time, the last chord is an E flat major.

followed by B flat, C, E flat, B flat on timp.

On the Indiana Jones dvd he mentions using a minor seventh in the base to signify evil of somesort...

If you notice, he's done it here but in a rousing piece. Perhaps a way of telling the audience, " while this is exciting now, something bad is going to happen later"